Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32782. (Read 26468988 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
That brought things back down quick. Notice the volume.

whats name of this site ?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
That brought things back down quick. Notice the volume.

Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
That Winklevoss ETF might have saved our asses here. Look at the price sprint back to $100. Their valuation.

I wouldn't call this a sprint, more like a crawl. Tongue

After such a drop, you can imagine some trepidation. Let confidence come back to the masses and we will be back above 100 before you know it.

yes when someone buys a 14k BTC, and we will be at $ 100  Wink LOL

But seriously, everything above 100, would be a break UP!

14k BTC dump and we are at 81 - that shows the direction

This is it...

100 is yet still more a bull dream than a real trend
Activity: 964
Merit: 509
That Winklevoss ETF might have saved our asses here. Look at the price sprint back to $100. Their valuation.

After such a drop, you can imagine some trepidation. Let confidence come back to the masses and we will be back above 100 before you know it.

yes when someone buys a 14k BTC, and we will be at $ 100  Wink LOL

14k BTC dump and we are at 81 - that shows the direction
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square
For confidence to return we need USD withdrawals unlocked first, there's no way people can buy confidently before that has been resolved.

Sure you can. You see, if withdrawals are stopped on Gox then we will see a volume re-distribution between exchanges and a price rise on BTC from more demand  Wink

Agreed on the market confidence however, people should always have the choice to cash out to dirty fiat if they so choose. A bad choice is better than no choice at all.

Bitstamp are definitely increasing their market share, which is great considering they actually seem to know what they're doing. Though I fear at least half of their gain will go straight back when Gox resumes withdrawals (sadly).
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

yes when someone buys a 14k BTC, and we will be at $ 100  Wink LOL

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 98
For confidence to return we need USD withdrawals unlocked first, there's no way people can buy confidently before that has been resolved.

Sure you can. You see, if withdrawals are stopped on Gox then we will see a volume re-distribution between exchanges and a price rise on BTC from more demand  Wink

Agreed on the market confidence however, people should always have the choice to cash out to dirty fiat if they so choose. A bad choice is better than no choice at all.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square

This.

48 hours to go (apparently).

legendary
Activity: 1246

legendary

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Bitstamp is really starting to gain some momentum now, the trading volume keeps increasing there which is a good sign imo. Smiley

Yeah, I've found myself switching most of my trading to Bitstamp of late. So much so that I've just realised I had a bid @ Gox, which I totally forgot I'd set, that got filled early on in the run down to 86. New habit: write all open trades on the whiteboard.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Even if the camp BX story is false i figured I may as well put in a buy 100 bitcoin bid at 10 cents at all the exchanges I have money in just to be safe, lol.

I think we all just did that. lol

lol, it was all a ploy to get the bid sum up Wink
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Bitstamp is really starting to gain some momentum now, the trading volume keeps increasing there which is a good sign imo. Smiley
Agree, better resilience than market dominance.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
The VV twins ETF can only be positive for the price of bitcoins. One - the publicity, and two - the spread of the shares to new users.

The ETF does not represent money supply increase, since the ETF shares are fully backed.

If the twins sell all the shares, keeping none to themselves, they have dollars to buy another 100K coins.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Wow, look at how Bitstamp is cutting into Gox's volume. I wonder what will happen once (all) wire withdrawals are enacted again (this week?). Also note China is climbing, but still VERY small - no real impact.

Gox can't have anywhere near 80% anymore. What are the latest numbers, anyone?

Jump to: