Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32823. (Read 26468581 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Today is going to be awful expensive for some.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Holy moley 3k+ Dump!!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Look at all those delicious bids. Time to lock in the dirty fiat millions of profits. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1153
So someone wants to unload huge coinage and is propping up buy side to pick off anything offered above his fake walls? Since gox has usd delays he can bleed it out slowly over two weeks. I've been scratching my head at this market for days now and can only come up with this.

You have a point here. Eyes often glued on clarkmoody, that strategy makes sense, previous support at 100 was removed just before passing it. Lets see how the walls at 95 act.

Those fake buy walls are actually a huge risk for the wall owner.  He thinks he's just propping up the price for his smaller sells, but if another whale wants to cash out, he can easily sell into them and the wall owner will be stuck with 3K extra coins that he can't unload.

There's whales, and there's leviathan.  Now that Bitcoin is a currency, it is fair game for the Federal Reserve to toy with as well.

Not true.

The FED would require themselves to own a large number of BTC in order to influence the price either up or down. To do that they would have to buy a large number of BTC from the general populace.

This is the exact opposite situation with FIAT, where the FED "coordinates" actions with other central banks and do not have to actually own a foreign currency in order to manipulate the price. Instead they just do swaps with other governments.

Today the FED have no BTC, so they can not affect the price. For them to get enough would require such a large buy  that the price would skyrocket....
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
So someone wants to unload huge coinage and is propping up buy side to pick off anything offered above his fake walls? Since gox has usd delays he can bleed it out slowly over two weeks. I've been scratching my head at this market for days now and can only come up with this.

You have a point here. Eyes often glued on clarkmoody, that strategy makes sense, previous support at 100 was removed just before passing it. Lets see how the walls at 95 act.

Those fake buy walls are actually a huge risk for the wall owner.  He thinks he's just propping up the price for his smaller sells, but if another whale wants to cash out, he can easily sell into them and the wall owner will be stuck with 3K extra coins that he can't unload.

There's whales, and there's leviathan.  Now that Bitcoin is a currency, it is fair game for the Federal Reserve to toy with as well.
legendary

And here we see the down side of having versatile language. If there was only one way of stating this fact, a computer would be able to filter it and I could mark it as "got it" and not have to read it about once per page in this and so many other threads in the speculation forum.

Like restating the obvious doesn't happen here a thousand times a day. lol
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com

And here we see the down side of having versatile language. If there was only one way of stating this fact, a computer would be able to filter it and I could mark it as "got it" and not have to read it about once per page in this and so many other threads in the speculation forum.
legendary

Yep, that happens all the time and might happen today.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Nah, sell on the down buy at the bottom. But where's the bottom?

That's the million dollar question

This isn't a billion dollar market and it never has been.

Eventually, currently not even close.
legendary
Trading with my few coins I feel like a kid playing on a railroad track with a train coming.

Lol, yeah. I don't have btc to trade anymore, I'm all in altcoins but dropped a huge bollocks on ltc last night. Sold near the top just to panick and rebought few hours later. And of course, it's 7-8% down today and who knows where will stop, could probably easily pick up 10% more ltc if I stayed cool.

I hate these missed opportunities much more than buying at top and losing money.

Yeah, I got monster lucky with ltc. I started mining early on, first solo and then with litecoinpool. I had a shitload of ltc and got nervous and sold all just below 6. Only really good move I've made so far besides buying a bunch of btc at 2.50. The long stable flat at 120-130 made me sell a bunch of those though. I kept a couple hundred to play with but this isn't fun anymore.  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1428

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Trading with my few coins I feel like a kid playing on a railroad track with a train coming.

Lol, yeah. I don't have btc to trade anymore, I'm all in altcoins but dropped a huge bollocks on ltc last night. Sold near the top just to panick and rebought few hours later. And of course, it's 7-8% down today and who knows where will stop, could probably easily pick up 10% more ltc if I stayed cool.

I hate these missed opportunities much more than buying at top and losing money.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Of course it's that, I've post about it last night.

Huge number of bitcoins went to asic miner manufacturers and mining farms. AMC asset on bitfunder collected 20 000 BTC on it's own on IPO, then there are Avalon chip sales and their mining Wink, KNCMiner, Bitfury, BFL...

It's hundreds of thousands of coins. These companies have to sell lot of these to pay for their daily expenses etc. And they can't dump it all at once as the price would plummet so they're keeping the buy bids a bit to sell slowly and get most fiat out of their btc.

BTC price won't stop dipping until ASIC revolution comes near the bottom, there's just too many coins being used to purchase them and those coins are not being bought on exchanges, they're mostly coming from loaded individuals who mined them with GPU earlier.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

It feels heavily propped.  Watching the buy bots fill in $1-3 worth of spread for weeks now.  I think this a good working theory, byronbb.

Very good but who needs to dump that much?

That I don't know.  ^ This I don't know either, but the theory is seems sound, no?
legendary

It feels heavily propped.  Watching the buy bots fill in $1-3 worth of spread for weeks now.  I think this a good working theory, byronbb.

Very good but who needs to dump that much?
Jump to: