Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32871. (Read 26468166 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

The blockchain size limit is perhaps one of the biggest question/problem in the development right now,
but it seems to be going in the "unlimited" direction.

But this problem is not solved yet. And maybe they will solve it by promoting LTC for small transactions.
Right now small BTC transactions are limited by amount, because of this problem.

Right now the number of Bitcoin transactions is limited by slow adoption

Anyway ... aliens  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain size limit is perhaps one of the biggest question/problem in the development right now,

But this problem is not solved yet. And maybe they will solve it by promoting LTC for small transactions.
Right now small BTC transactions are limited by amount, because of this problem.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Don't forget that BTC has a blockchain limit for number of transactions to operate.
LTC will be useful for small transactions to unload BTC. So, BTC+LTC can be a very stable payment system in the future.

No. The blockchain has a limit on the size of blocks.

And if you want to unload part of transactions from Bitcoin, why would you use LTC?
Pleeeeenty of other choices around. Hell, Namecoin even offers some added value!

I'm tempted to short, but the volume is so low that I'm afraid to be locked in my position.  Cry
Activity: 252
so, as it will go 1:1, it does not really matter if you hold BTC or LTC at that point.

In the long-term yes.

And in short term it is better to hold LTC.

so, as it will go 1:1, it does not really matter if you hold BTC or LTC at that point.

In long term yes.
From investment point of view, by your beliefs staying in BTC is dumb. Why hold BTC if LTC will appreciate faster.

I say that LTC will appreciate faster in the short-term because of MtGox adopting.
Then LTC will grow 1:1 with BTC.

So, I thnik good investment is both BTC and LTC.

I understand, so assuming what you say is right, it is better to buy fully into LTC now, because it will appreciate faster in short term, and then go 1:1 with BTC, so, as it will go 1:1, it does not really matter if you hold BTC or LTC at that point.
From investment point of view, by your beliefs staying in BTC is dumb. Why hold BTC if LTC will appreciate faster.

I say that LTC will appreciate faster in the short-term because of MtGox adopting.
Then LTC will grow 1:1 with BTC (the price will correlate 1:10).

So, I think that a good investment is both BTC and LTC.
And bitcoin will be 700$?

If Bitcoin is $700, Litecoin will be $80-90

Because aliens.  Roll Eyes

Don't forget that BTC has a blockchain limit for number of transactions to operate.
LTC will be useful for small transactions to unload BTC. So, BTC+LTC will be a very stable payment system in the future.

So what should be stopping me from buying fully into LTC and forgetting about BTC? You obviously believe that if bitcoin appreciates 7 times, LTC will appreciate 40 times.

LTC will appreciate 5 times after Gox starting work with it, and then will corellate with BTC.
Don't forget about BTC  Grin The real future is BTC+LTC.

LTC will be useful for small transactions to unload BTC. So, BTC+LTC will be a very stable payment system in the future.

So what should be stopping me from buying fully into LTC and forgetting about BTC? You obviously believe that if bitcoin appreciates 7 times, LTC will appreciate 40 times.

LTC will appreciate 5 times after Gox starting work with it, and then will corellate with BTC.
Don't forget about BTC  Grin The real future is BTC+LTC.

LTC will be useful for small transactions to unload BTC. So, BTC+LTC can be a very stable payment system in the future.
Activity: 434

By the way, MtGox already has working API for LTC/USD:
http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/LTCUSD/ticker
http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/LTCUSD/depth/fetch
http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/LTCUSD/trades/fetch

My prediction is the price for LTC will be at least $12-15 when Gox starts working with it.

By the way, MtGox already has working API for LTC/USD:
http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/LTCUSD/ticker
http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/LTCUSD/depth/fetch
http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/LTCUSD/trades/fetch

My prediction is the price for LTC will be at least $12-15 when Gox starts working with it.
Activity: 672
You'll be fine. Just don't panic sell before it goes to Gox. People will try to take the price down so they can buy cheap before it goes up again. It WILL go up because of Gox eventually.
Unless MtGox delays further or changes its mind again. Cheesy

Yup, that is a possibility for sure sadly enough.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
While Gox doesn't do USD withdrawals, there is a good opportunity to transfer your BTC from Gox to BTC-E and buy LTC.
Maybe it's their only hope to survive.

Agreed.
I edit it but the meaning is the same...
While Gox doesn't do USD withdrawals, there is a good opportunity to transfer your BTC from Gox to BTC-E and buy LTC.
Maybe it's their only hope to survive.

Agreed.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
You'll be fine. Just don't panic sell before it goes to Gox. People will try to take the price down so they can buy cheap before it goes up again. It WILL go up because of Gox eventually.
Unless MtGox delays further or changes its mind again. Cheesy
Jump to: