Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32885. (Read 26467979 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
This is the perfect time to dump thousands of coins.  Expect a continued drop.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Thinking that for the moment this withdrawl issue is temporary. I don't know how many people are going to need fiat so urgently that they are willing to dump for $80. I could be wrong though.

It becomes a game of who will blink first though. As that 2 week date approaches some people might actually start selling as they think they will be able to then get their money out and buy elsewhere for less.
As long as the arbitrage remains between exchanges this remains a possibility. The next few hours... days will be key...

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Thinking that for the moment this withdrawl issue is temporary. I don't know how many people are going to need fiat so urgently that they are willing to dump for $80. I could be wrong though.

I agree, unless of course Mt Gox has the same 2-week clock which Butterfly Labs swears by.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
http://www.bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitstampUSD.html

Look at that same chart, zoomed out.

To get as many bids as asks at 108, you have go right down to 80!  Shocked

Ranging from 90-100 looks easily possible. Less than 90 doesn't look off the table either.

I currently have speculative orders in at 91 and 81, while I monitor the action from a distance.

Ahhh, I didn't realize there was a fuller chart available - Thx.

Be really really careful with your placements. You might very well make a profit but if the volume there is so low that it will slice through and won't bounce off the bottom till it hits resistance (which may be at $60 - $70). Looking at the chart last weekend I came up with these key support levels: $90, $82, $60, low $50's and possibly 20's. Nothing really new with my numbers but I did verify some of the patterns with the past bubble correction.

Yes, approx. 91 and 81 are my immediate goals. I suspect there will be bounces to profit off these resistance points. I would expect to buy in again lower should the price permit.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Ranging from 90-100 looks easily possible. Less than 90 doesn't look off the table either.

I currently have speculative orders in at 91 and 81, while I monitor the action from a distance.

Be really really careful with your placements. You might very well make a profit but if the volume there is so low that it will slice through and won't bounce off the bottom till it hits resistance (which may be at $60 - $70). Looking at the chart last weekend I came up with these key support levels: $90, $82, $60, low $50's and possibly 20's. Nothing really new with my numbers but I did verify some of the patterns with the past bubble correction.

Yes, approx. 91 and 81 are my immediate goals. I suspect there will be bounces to profit off these resistance points. I would expect to buy in again lower should the price permit.
Activity: 387

Not only that, but there's $570000 in leveraged long positions on bitfinex according to https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/stats , which is about the same as the order book at Bitstamp!

If my math is right, a long position taken at $105 at 2.5:1 leverage and 90% reserve would get liquidated at $75.  Since there's only 3100 btc to $75, someone could sell 3100 btc down to $75, then likely catch the subsequent liquidations to regain their bitcoin holdings at a lower price.  Hmm.  Perhaps that's what the eager bitstamp seller was trying to do when they dropped the price to $90?  Or perhaps there was an eager seller to $95, and the rest was the liquidation of a bitfinex user that took a long position at $120+?  Big liquidations like that used to happen all the time when Bitcoinica allowed 10:1 leverage.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Drop in MtGox started!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Antifragile
Wow, this is interesting. Looks like MtGox is really learning how to F themselves (not to mention a lot of their customers).
Looks like Gox is going to lose a lot more market share after this one, rightfully so and good for us.
I'm gonna sit this one out until things clarify themselves. Did I get my shooting star?  Wink

Predictions from this fellas?

Activity: 168
Wow, this is interesting. Looks like MtGox is really learning how to F themselves (not to mention a lot of their customers).
Looks like Gox is going to lose a lot more market share after this one, rightfully so and good for us.
I'm gonna sit this one out until things clarify themselves. Did I get my shooting star?  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
CampBX is now on par with Bitstamp.

Only Btc-e remains higher...

Is it more difficult to get wires out of BTc-e?

I notice that on their USD wire section is says:
International withdrawals will be charged with 1.5% fee, minimum fee is $150

Is this $150 a typo or what?
legendary
Antifragile

BTC.de is at $112 (The Germans are very resistant ;-)
legendary
Antifragile

What the heck is going to happen once people can withdraw their money from Gox?

If you can sell higher and move the money out, many will do that.  Wait 13 days? 10 days? 5 days?

Which larger seller is gonna blink first on Gox?

Activity: 266

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Can still easily sell 20k coins at mtgox and still keep price above $100 on mtgox and 50k coins while still keeping price above $90. Can't say the same for other exchanges.
Yes sure, but theres a chance their 20k BTC worth of dollars might disappear overnight. At the best it will sit in gox's account with no easy way to get it out

"a chance".  A 1 in 20 chance, for example, would imply a 5% risk premium.  
And if you had for example 5k BTC to dump, would you really take the 1 in 20 chance that your half a million might go down the toilet?

A manipulator won't do it because by their nature they like to be in control, and in this situation they aren't. Someone in this to invest won't do it because the risk is too high and they don't like pissing money away.

The spread between exchanges put it's more like 1 in 10
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Can still easily sell 20k coins at mtgox and still keep price above $100 on mtgox and 50k coins while still keeping price above $90. Can't say the same for other exchanges.
Yes sure, but theres a chance their 20k BTC worth of dollars might disappear overnight. At the best it will sit in gox's account with no easy way to get it out

And if you had for example 5k BTC to dump, would you really take the 1 in 20 chance that your half a million might go down the toilet?

A manipulator won't do it because by their nature they like to be in control, and in this situation they aren't. Someone in this to invest won't do it because the risk is too high and they don't like pissing money away.
legendary
Antifragile

legendary
Activity: 1428
I suspect this arbitrage will last until Mtgox re-enables withdrawals. To be honest, I'm not so tempted to take advantage of it. I bought 25 BTC at Bitstamp under 100, and while moving it to gox would net me about $300, it doesn't feel worth the effort. My total bitcoin stash fluctuates by far more then $300 on an hourly basis, so it feels like nitpicking.

Move more over and sell and take a short position then.  Afterall, it's weekend again, and the native Sunday dumper may re-appear this week.

No dumper will be fool enough to dump until/if withdrawals option are back.Be it manipulator as nobody will panic sell or genuine big seller.
Activity: 238

Jump to: