Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32883. (Read 26467979 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Double digits @ bitstamp

Grin  Sentiment manipulation is so easy.  You can even tell them and it will still work.
Activity: 963
Merit: 509
Double digits @ bitstamp
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
Code:
220.00 ▒▒▒▒
210.00 ▒▒
205.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒
200.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
195.00 ▒▒▒
190.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
185.00 ▒▒▒▒▒
180.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
175.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
170.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
165.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
160.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
155.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
150.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
145.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
140.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
135.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
130.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
125.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
120.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
115.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
110.00 ▒▒▒▒▒

105.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
100.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 95.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 90.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 85.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 80.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 75.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 70.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 65.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 60.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 55.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 50.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 45.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 40.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 35.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 30.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 25.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 20.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 15.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 10.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
  5.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
  0.00 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
How the fuk would gox become insolvent... They're sitting on a goldmine of trading fees alone. You guys really need to stop thinking the worst possible scenarios, I personally think Gox isn't as bad as you guys make it seem. Yes, they have problems, but that's to be expected of an online exchange operating in a novelty area like bitcoin...

GOX is doomed.  The sob stories are going to be classic, as millions evaporate to fund the retirement of Gox executives.

I wouldn't go that far but they certainly have lost a lot of customers and they were partly responsible for the big correction a few months ago.
You reap what you sow, so I think Gox will just lose market share. That is needed.
They have done a lot for BTC, being a leader is very difficult. At least they have been great with security.
It will be nice when the exchanges are more evenly distributed, % wise.

Didn't they lose everyone's password hashes recently? My friend had everything stolen.

If your "friend" did not use 2 step authentication he deserved it.

He did not deserve it. We all make mistakes.

I only found out about the password hashes from a post on here. All gox had to do was send out and email informing customers what had happened and to advise them to change their password.

I'm not just gox bashing for the hell of it, they are not that bad, but this could have been avoided.
All your friend had to do was read his e-mail I guess. They sent multiple e-mails regarding this...

"Dear Mt.Gox user,

Our database has been compromised, including your email. We are working on a
quick resolution and to begin with, your password has been disabled as a
security measure (and you will need to reset it to login again on Mt.Gox).

If you were using the same password on Mt.Gox and other places (email, etc),
you should change this password as soon as possible.

For more details, please see this:

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20208066-huge-bitcoin-sell-off-due-to-a-compromised-account-rollback

The informations there will be updated as our investigation progresses.

Please accept our apologies for the troubles caused, and be certain we will do
everything we can to keep the funds entrusted with us as secure as possible.

The leaked data includes the following:

- Account number
- Account login
- Email address
- Encrypted password

While the password is encrypted, it is possible to bruteforce most passwords
with time, and it is likely bad people are working on this right now.

Any unauthorized access done to any account you own (email, mtgox, etc) should
be reported to the appropriate authorities in your country.

Thanks,
The Mt.Gox team"
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Antifragile
How the fuk would gox become insolvent... They're sitting on a goldmine of trading fees alone. You guys really need to stop thinking the worst possible scenarios, I personally think Gox isn't as bad as you guys make it seem. Yes, they have problems, but that's to be expected of an online exchange operating in a novelty area like bitcoin...

GOX is doomed.  The sob stories are going to be classic, as millions evaporate to fund the retirement of Gox executives.

I wouldn't go that far but they certainly have lost a lot of customers and they were partly responsible for the big correction a few months ago.
You reap what you sow, so I think Gox will just lose market share. That is needed.
They have done a lot for BTC, being a leader is very difficult. At least they have been great with security.

Didn't they lose everyone's password hashes recently? My friend had everything stolen.

I only found out about the password hashes from a post on here. All gox had to do was send out and email informing customers what had happened and to advise them to change their password.

I'm not just gox bashing for the hell of it, they are not that bad, but this could have been avoided.

I missed that one, wow! That is really too bad, sorry to hear that.
Again, there will just be a movement from Gox - that is healthy.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

Activity: 252

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

legendary
Antifragile

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Most will go to banks, some will go to Bitstamp. Net effect, loss of confidence and loss of dirty fiat money.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
MtGox will soon be EmptyGox with loads of fiat money withdrawals initiated next week. Cheesy

Where would that money go though? I'd imagine other exchanges would encounter the same problems once they reach the daily volume of Gox.
N12
donator
MtGox will soon be EmptyGox with loads of fiat money withdrawals initiated next week. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1428
we will continue processing withdrawals next week, but limit to 1 million USD per day

Congrats to everyone who took a ~10% loss betting against MtGox's solvency. Cheesy

This statement screams cash flow issues.
Why limit to $1milliion USD per day ? and not like 100 wires per day? if they are having issues with overload of request,they should limit the request and not the amount.

Because that's the limit imposed by their bank maybe?
Then its a new arbitrary rule imposed by their bank, holding our funds hostage,more alarming.
Ask yourself this : Why Gox can't send 2 wires of USD 1 million each per day?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
N12
donator
Event 2 is not so correct.
 "People realize they bought based upon nothing" What has changed? What would they realize now?  That Gox is not a professionally run exchange?They will just move to other exchanges.
Coins can flow and already flown to bitstamp.
We will still be in a bear market until economic crisis deepens or other good news for the coin pop up.  

Price discrepancy of ~10% on MtGox vs. Bitstamp would vanish. Some are buying on MtGox and withdrawing Bitcoin because they are panicking over their solvency. Once it becomes clear they aren't insolvent, that would change as those people move back to USD.

Right but price won't collapse as you put it, panic and double digits are common place.
Yes, in that case it will just take the "normal" way of bear market collapse over weeks/months I reckon.
Activity: 411
we will continue processing withdrawals next week, but limit to 1 million USD per day

Congrats to everyone who took a ~10% loss betting against MtGox's solvency. Cheesy

This statement screams cash flow issues.
Why limit to $1milliion USD per day ? and not like 100 wires per day? if they are having issues with overload of request,they should limit the request and not the amount.

Because that's the limit imposed by their bank maybe?

it doesnt make much sense to limit the amount of money..    banks transfer billions a day

legendary
Activity: 1428
Event 2 is not so correct.
 "People realize they bought based upon nothing" What has changed? What would they realize now?  That Gox is not a professionally run exchange?They will just move to other exchanges.
Coins can flow and already flown to bitstamp.
We will still be in a bear market until economic crisis deepens or other good news for the coin pop up.  

Price discrepancy of ~10% on MtGox vs. Bitstamp would vanish. Some are buying on MtGox and withdrawing Bitcoin because they are panicking over their solvency. Once it becomes clear they aren't insolvent, that would change as those people move back to USD.

Right but price won't collapse as you put it, panic and double digits are common place.
Jump to: