Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32949. (Read 26467320 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

I do believe he has money and a lot of coins but the rest has to be a troll! He's creating a character.
It's too ridiculous and insane to be true.
Sauna's, 1000's of coins in open wallets that get stolen, mental institutions....haha no way.

He is certainly quite an unusual character, that's for sure. But if it wasn't true, he should be writing books, not hanging around here. Sometimes life is stranger that fiction ...

Is there any evidence that meeting happened at all? And if it did did anyone else confirm any of those ridiculous stories of what happened there?

I cannot provide you with any 'solid' evidence, but if you look back through the posts, you will see that several other members claim to have attended, and that there was some trouble although they were not affected by it. So its either all true or their in on the gag too ...
Why don't you call up the hotel yourself and ask them. I think that will be the only way you will be satisfied.
His name is  Rosti Pietila

EDIT : Just read your post ... I am not saying I think he is totally sane ! But then who is ?? Cheesy

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

I do believe he has money and a lot of coins but the rest has to be a troll! He's creating a character.
Sauna's, 1000's of coins in open wallets that get stolen, mental institutions....haha no way.

He is certainly quite an unusual character, that's for sure. But if it wasn't true, he should be writing books, not hanging around here. Sometimes life is stranger that fiction ...

Is there any evidence that meeting happened at all? And if it did did anyone else confirm any of those ridiculous stories of what happened there?

My other guess would be he is indeed mentally very ill and simply creates this world in his head. A fantasy which he honestly believes is true.
I actually knew a guy like that once.
He had the most crazy stories but we all believed him because he was so convincing. Extremely detailed.
Turned out he was mentally ill and fooled us for more than a year before we found out.
It was so convincing because he actually believed it himself.

While i'm typing this i have to say he reminds me of this guy a lot. Really a lot.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

The true bear indicator  is rpietila selling off some bitcoins.

I'd believe its to pay off the private mental institution holding him    Grin

Hear that Rpietila!? We are coming to get you! We want our unstoppable bull train back!

Chooooo choooooo

Come on, that and the supernode meeting and those hilarious stories are all part of his trolling right?

One can never be entirely sure, but I don't think so

Me neither. Dude is serious and one has to hold that in his favor.

Yup, and respect for recognising the need for help, seeking it, and admitting to it publicly

Come on, that and the supernode meeting and those hilarious stories are all part of his trolling right?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Hear that Rpietila!? We are coming to get you! We want our unstoppable bull train back!
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Me neither. Dude is serious and one has to hold that in his favor.

legendary
Activity: 1428

If you look back at the bubble crash, then it's obvious that afterwards when the price went down below 100, every time the price went back up to above 100 in a relatively short time.

This happened several times, indicating that the market will not settle for a price below 100.

The bounces were smaller every time, indicating that the market will not (yet) want to go up. This means it will go down. If it can't go up here it will go down.

This will happen:

-> a little bit more bouncing around here at these levels
-> decisive move below $100, breaking previous lows (huge triangle break)
-> fear and panic
-> $50 -> bounce -> a few weeks of hope -> down again
-> $50 -> smaller bounce -> a few days of (smaller) hope -> down again
-> $50 -> uncertainty, fear -> break -> stops triggered and n00bs panic
-> $30 -> strong bounce -> a few months hope -> down agan
-> $30 -> smaller bounce  - a few weeks (smaller) hope -> down again
-> $30 -> uncertainty, fear -> break -> more stops and more panic
-> $20
-> me converting most of my Fiat to BTC
-> price goes up again, third bubble slowly beginning.

I take it you are filthy rich from all the money you made trading?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

-> fear and panic
-> $30 -> smaller bounce  - a few weeks (smaller) hope -> down again
-> $20

Always funny these kind of predictions. It's like someone predicting the weather in a month from now with precisely the hours of sun and rain we will have on a specific day. I would sooner put my faith in astrology than this fairy tale. Tongue
[/quote]

The true bear indicator is rpietila selling off some bitcoins.
donator
That vol spike on CM is completely bogus. It has done this before.
I was online at the time and a few hundred (edit: 1400) went through on bitcoinwisdom, but not thousands like CM has.

Someone else told me that on IRC - I thought I'd confirm it here.

That's very strange, how could this happen ?

just take a look at this thread: [BETA] MTGox websocket API, testers wanted

the title says it all
donator
last realy big selloff had also a nice  bidwall  ..  got eaten like candy..

Angry

that's one thing about rising bids. If they concentrate close to market price, they can also mean fodder for dumpsters.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1246
If you look back at the bubble crash, then it's obvious that afterwards when the price went down below 100, every time the price went back up to above 100 in a relatively short time.

This happened several times, indicating that the market will not settle for a price below 100.

The bounces were smaller every time, indicating that the market will not (yet) want to go up. This means it will go down. If it can't go up here it will go down.

The bounces were smaller, but the dips also less deep. This indicates that the price is trying to settle down after the bubble and the volatile period afterwards. At first it seemed like 115-120 was a nice point for the price to settle on, but bulls reacted too early thinking the price could again grow sustainably from that basis and were punished with some big dumps. Now 100 seems to become the new 120.. is this the real basis we can grow sustainably from after a few months of consolidation or will bulls jump the gun again? We will see and find out soon enough. Smiley

This will happen:

-> fear and panic
-> $30 -> smaller bounce  - a few weeks (smaller) hope -> down again
-> $20

Always funny these kind of predictions. It's like someone predicting the weather in a month from now with precisely the hours of sun and rain we will have on a specific day. I would sooner put my faith in astrology than this fairy tale. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
The market is only pushed down, since all the new asic miners and asic selling companies need to turn a serious amount of bitcoin into fiat in order to recoup part of their investment. Once they have recouped enough of their investment in fiat, the downward pressure will be relieved.

If there was not this strong resistence in the market keeping the value above 100 USD, then the value would have already been a lot lower.

I truly think there is some truth amongst this lines. But difficulty going up like 20% every two weeks will teach miners!
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
All the same, there is some tone of desperation in this. Just how heavily invested are you??

I started selling my bitcoins today, so I likely confirm as a contrarian indicator and you should buy. I still have 97% of the amount left, but now also some dollarz that I can use for paying the bills.

If I were you I'd sell it all. I sold all mine some time ago.

Do you want to crash the price? Smiley
Jump to: