Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32952. (Read 26467316 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
what do you mean by "trade", if you're talking about daytrading then i'm 100% agree that it's way too risky and hardly predictable on bitcoin but im actually doing 3-4 trades/month based on daily chart and it works correctly.

Yes, I meant day trading.

Have you tried the bots?

No, you? always wondered how much you can win with this thing..
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
That's what i did as well... not possible  Huh
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Didn't help me with SEPA and I'm also fully verified.

Do you mean your cash is lost to? or that it just took some time?

I asked them to cancel after 3+ weeks. No money lost. Caused me some damage as I was waiting on that money to pay some bills. I posted about it in the original delays thread.
In comparison BitStamp SEPA has never given me hassle.
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Nope Smiley

(but I don't see the plankton running for the abyss either)

they're small, difficult to spot. Grin

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Grin
10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

Do you mean your cash is lost to? or that it just took some time?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Instead of evidence you people really should talk about probabilities or indications instead. Evidence is a way too strong word to use when trying to predict the behaviour of a market.

Evidence can give an indication of what will happen, sometimes with a probability attached.

I think the market is too small for that, too easily influenced/manipulated. TA works better on the FOREX than at this size. Besides, all indicators are _lagging_.

I was making the point that 'evidence' is the right word there.

I take your point about manipulation, it's shockingly effective, but I think people begin to see through it eventually (hence the consistent declines in volume as people get fed up). Surely whales can only feed for so long before the plankton realise that they're losing more and more money and leave.  

I think there is some cultural bias in the meaning of "evidence". Anyway, I understand what you mean.

The problem with the whales is they are really too big & I don't see any whaler...

Don't need a whaler if there's no food supply. I hope.  Smiley

Nope Smiley

they're small, difficult to spot. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
MtGox can do wire transfer to anywhere in the world including US

people are selling because they are scared

mmm good luck with that.
I made a withdrawal pre bubble burst and have yet to receive funds....

I made at least 3 reasonably big withdrawals (5 figures each) post bubble burst and I received the money in 2/3 days. SEPA transfers. In that sense Gox works like a charm for me, I guess that being fully verified and having requested to have the higher limits help?

I don't know why but it's working very fast for me. High 5 figures cashed out in 3 separate withdrawals that came through in 3 days max each one. Last one was initiated last Sunday and arrived on Tuesday. I have to say I have no complaint with Gox on that sense.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
MtGox can do wire transfer to anywhere in the world including US

people are selling because they are scared

mmm good luck with that.
I made a withdrawal pre bubble burst and have yet to receive funds....

I made at least 3 reasonably big withdrawals (5 figures each) post bubble burst and I received the money in 2/3 days. SEPA transfers. In that sense Gox works like a charm for me, I guess that being fully verified and having requested to have the higher limits help?

KS
Instead of evidence you people really should talk about probabilities or indications instead. Evidence is a way too strong word to use when trying to predict the behaviour of a market.

Evidence can give an indication of what will happen, sometimes with a probability attached.

I think the market is too small for that, too easily influenced/manipulated. TA works better on the FOREX than at this size. Besides, all indicators are _lagging_.

I take your point about manipulation, it's shockingly effective, but I think people begin to see through it eventually (hence the consistent declines in volume as people get fed up). Surely whales can only feed for so long before the plankton realise that they're losing more and more money and leave.  

I think there is some cultural bias in the meaning of "evidence". Anyway, I understand what you mean.

The problem with the whales is they are really too big & I don't see any whaler...

Nope Smiley

KS
what do you mean by "trade", if you're talking about daytrading then i'm 100% agree that it's way too risky and hardly predictable on bitcoin but im actually doing 3-4 trades/month based on daily chart and it works correctly.

Yes, I meant day trading.

Have you tried the bots?

legendary
KS

edit: I don't mean TA is not useful but you have to be real quick to react when a whale or other manipulator decides to play and messes up your nice TA.

whales are buying at specific time, that's why we use TA... (im not including manipulators)

That feels like an abuse of the acronym. Do you use TA to predict when they will buy, or to predict what/how much they will buy etc?

i think it's impossible to predict how much they will buy Smiley, dont rly like "predict" i prefer to anticipate when they could buy. they're not silly most of the time they're buying on massive resistance like the most of us.

TA isn't everything we have to keep an eye on news ect.. but i cant understand how people can trade without TA

I would venture those usually end up in the loosing side of the zero sum game, go away, and then are replaced by others.

I've studied TA some 20 years ago, going through some refreshers, but RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't trade BTC. I would buy more if I had the fiat in an exchange, as an investment, but I need to study the patterns better before trading. It's going too fast Smiley

edit: I don't mean TA is not useful but you have to be real quick to react when a whale or other manipulator decides to play and messes up your nice TA.

whales are buying at specific time, that's why we use TA... (im not including manipulators)

That feels like an abuse of the acronym. Do you use TA to predict when they will buy, or to predict what/how much they will buy etc?

i think it's impossible to predict how much they will buy Smiley, dont rly like "predict" i prefer to anticipate when they could buy. they're not silly most of them are buying on massive resistance like the most of us.

TA isn't everything we have to keep an eye on news ect.. but i cant understand how people can trade without TA
KS

KS

legendary

In the words of the inimitable George Bush Jnr "fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice....doh!"  Cheesy

That's unfair, George Bush has provided us with some of the best quotes in history... Cheesy

Quotes tend to work best when you use the same words that the original person actually said.

WRT the actual quote you mangled, I actually think it was a pretty good catch by Bush. Can you imagine what the media would have done with a clip of him actually saying "shame on me"?

lol, doh!
Jump to: