Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32966. (Read 26467160 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Bitcoin isn't really a sinking ship, it's just still overvalued from the bubble. Expecting the price to stabilize from what it was early in the year to $100+ without a large, sustained influx of new buyers is just not realistic.

Yup. And we are in for a long painful slide  Smiley

I'm just waiting it out at the moment.

I will probably buy and sell several times on the way down after each major movement when I expect to see a significant bounce.

I guess I'd class a major movement as something like $100 down to $70/$80 - these movements can happen very fast as can the bounce.

Then I'll dump again and wait for the next leg down into the $50 range, and so on until we hit the bottom which I suspect will be nearer to $20 than $50.

It would be so much easier to somehow forget about it for few months, wouldn't it?
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Bitcoin isn't really a sinking ship, it's just still overvalued from the bubble. Expecting the price to stabilize from what it was early in the year to $100+ without a large, sustained influx of new buyers is just not realistic.

Yup. And we are in for a long painful slide  Smiley

I'm just waiting it out at the moment.

I will probably buy and sell several times on the way down after each major movement when I expect to see a significant bounce.

I guess I'd class a major movement as something like $100 down to $70/$80 - these movements can happen very fast as can the bounce.

Then I'll dump again and wait for the next leg down into the $50 range, and so on until we hit the bottom which I suspect will be nearer to $20 than $50.

Yup. And we are in for a long painful slide  Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I wonder how much posts from cypherdoc thread influence the price

As much as Paul the Octopus influenced the result of the world cup matches..

I'd guess much less now that his service costs $250 a month.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100

As much as Paul the Octopus influenced the result of the world cup matches..
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com

If we need them now or any time soon, we sink. That's for sure. Good thing is bitcoin will survive even if they join after all the rest and another valley of tears.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Nothing of the same generation can surpass Mt.Gox. We need the Dealer Network, developed here.

I think it takes about 3 weeks from this day to the inauguration of the daily fixing. I mean that you can skip gox from that day on doing OTC. 3 months for this to take out the volume from Gox also.

You know, I used to trade locally, but I live in the US and I am completely clueless as to what I need to do in order to continue trading legally.  If you figure that out, let me know and I'd be happy trade with your network.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Any one want to set bid wall at 100$ ? minimum 5k please

Enough already.  Ignored.  Goodbye.

Well done Grin
Activity: 686
Can people be dumb and still end up rich?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

Enough already.  Ignored.  Goodbye.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
When people realise that things aren't actually that bad, confidence will return and we will be able to trade higher volumes at higher prices.

I agree, I'll be fully confident purchasing a few thousand BTC at $20. If they dip much lower than about $18 I will have to dump them all though and wait for new lows.

You will need to be very quick probably...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL
My favorite pets - damn I behave like a troll too often!
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
When people realise that things aren't actually that bad, confidence will return and we will be able to trade higher volumes at higher prices.

I agree, I'll be fully confident purchasing a few thousand BTC at $20. If they dip much lower than about $18 I will have to dump them all though and wait for new lows.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Everyone is a bit over-dramatic. We don't need a "crash".

On every step down, the price decreases a little, and the volume increases A LOT, with many willing buyers to be found.

Shortly thereafter the price almost-recovers, and the volume dwindles as everyone is afraid of another dump.

None of this is voodoo, or an "inevitable" slide to a tiny number.. it is simply the natural reaction of a market scared by manipulative dumpers.

Case in point: trolls like Jaroslaw trying to prey on your fears.

This is Bitcoin, so all of this will probably happen faster than we expect.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: