Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33001. (Read 26466759 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Seems to me like some one is using this desperately thin volume to try and squeeze it up past there to hopefully provoke some decent buying volume on a breakout
My guess, they want to sell into that
I think we will find out shortly ...

+1, remember about the action that brought us here from 95.

The scariest thing about the BTC market is how EASILY it can be manipulated. I wonder if there are significant forces out there that want the price to go up, stay constant or go down... and why?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
BTC = Black Swan. The theory was developed by Nassim Nicholas Taleb to explain: 1. The disproportionate role of high-profile, hard-to-predict, and rare events that are beyond the realm of normal expectations in history, science, finance, and technology 2. The non-computability of the probability of the consequential rare events using scientific methods (owing to the very nature of small probabilities) 3. The psychological biases that make people individually and collectively blind to uncertainty and unaware of the massive role of the rare event in historical affairs.

Is this the same as "six-sigma" (meaning extremely improbable event that has great impact because its extreme improbability)?

They use "six sigma" also in manufacturing as error level. If a probability of every erroneous task is 6-sigma, the final product is quite unlikely to be defective no matter how complex it is (automobile, etc.)

My IQ is 2.9-sigma, so it is very high (Mensa level is 2.0), but in itself it is meaningless because there are 100-thousands of as intelligent people around.
legendary
Antifragile
Asks piling up all the way to $110. The sellers will become nervous sooner or later, there are too many coins till $110 and no buying pressure whatsoever. Someone that bought from $100 to $105 has to decide wether to sell at a profit at $108 or panic sell and probably lose money if a seller get tired to wait and dumps as few coins as 700-800, pushing the price down.

I just don't see it in the market depth on Gox. Where are you getting your numbers from?

For example, just looking at the sum of buys and sells within $8 of the current price of 109, I see Asks at 10k and bids at 9k. That has been getting better the last few days.

Now, I'm not saying we don't go down, but that is what the depth is saying (and easily manipulatable I know).

Another thing to consider, on many of our minds, is that 15k order on Sunday that stopped the downward movement. I wonder who would do that as they could have bought in slower and gotten a better price.
Is it going too far to say a lower price of Bitcoin would increase adoption? There has been evidence that a higher price keeps people away. Funny, perhaps some people want to keep the price up for
that reason. We don't know, but something to consider.

Right now we have 9100 coins on the ask side to reach $116.5, and 7925 on the bid say to go to $102.

It's true that the depth is slowly improving, but still volume is too low. I'm not discarding a mini-rally, if $110 is broken there will be some panic buys, but IMO those will be short-term moves. Mid term, I'm seeing a bear market, hinted by the crash to $88 this weeked, which will be confirmed if we crash again and $79 is broken on the downside.

You have definitely help me to put some "protection" up due to a price drop. The volume has always bothered me.

But what do you (and others) make of that last statement? I am still scratching my head at why that guy bought so much on drop at market, and the slippage was HUGE. It was poor business, if that is what it was.
Another thing to consider, on many of our minds, is that 15k order on Sunday that stopped the downward movement. I wonder who would do that as they could have bought in slower and gotten a better price.
Is it going too far to say a lower price of Bitcoin would increase adoption? There has been evidence that a higher price keeps people away. Funny, perhaps some people want to keep the price up for
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Seems to me like some one is using this desperately thin volume to try and squeeze it up past there to hopefully provoke some decent buying volume on a breakout
My guess, they want to sell into that
I think we will find out shortly ...

+1, remember about the action that brought us here from 95.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Well, only 682 coins to reach $110. It looks it will happen. Who's panic buying in here, apart from Adam and everybody who's already all-in? Cheesy

legendary
Antifragile
My advice for everybody but the most astute daytraders now:

Buy as many bitcoins as you can, regardless of the price or timing. The price and timing will be secondary as the next upleg commences, and commences it will, once there is anything that you can do with bitcoins.

I bought 2,000,000mBTC in September-October 2012. At times I was down 15%. Do you think that now I would give a thought about the exact price or timing? I would, had I not bought the coins.

Everyone who holds anything else as investment except bitcoins has diversified to the detriment of their financial interest.

Bad advice.  "...once there is anything that you can do with Bitcoins."   Grin

Which could be never and that's looking more likely as more businesses snub Bitcoin for other options or even their own options.

I think similar things were said in the early days of the internet. We are 4 years into the worlds largest social experiment and you know the answer?

Businesses want to make money. You said you are a capitalist, right. Well, if you could drop visa, mastercard, etc. and increase some of your sales profits by 2%-4%, why would you "snub" that?

From a purely economical point of view (no worries about government intervention), Bitcoin is GREAT for business. Adoption is another matter...
legendary
Asks piling up all the way to $110. The sellers will become nervous sooner or later, there are too many coins till $110 and no buying pressure whatsoever. Someone that bought from $100 to $105 has to decide wether to sell at a profit at $108 or panic sell and probably lose money if a seller get tired to wait and dumps as few coins as 700-800, pushing the price down.

I just don't see it in the market depth on Gox. Where are you getting your numbers from?

For example, just looking at the sum of buys and sells within $8 of the current price of 109, I see Asks at 10k and bids at 9k. That has been getting better the last few days.

Now, I'm not saying we don't go down, but that is what the depth is saying (and easily manipulatable I know).

Right now we have 9100 coins on the ask side to reach $116.5, and 7925 on the bid say to go to $102.

It's true that the depth is slowly improving, but still volume is too low. I'm not discarding a mini-rally, if $110 is broken there will be some panic buys, but IMO those will be short-term moves. Mid term, I'm seeing a bear market, hinted by the crash to $88 this weeked, which will be confirmed if we crash again and $79 is broken on the downside.

legendary
Antifragile
Here is the depth I mentioned above. It looks good within that range and gets a bit worse out of it, but nothing outside of what has been the norm.

legendary
Everyone who holds anything else as investment except bitcoins has diversified to the detriment of their financial interest.

well done. Hope you have managed to keep hold of most of them.

Yes, I haven given away about 2,000,000 and 1,000,000 has been stolen but I still have some.

Sorry for usage of millibitcoin

1,000,000 mBTC stolen is quite a sum. $109k at today's exchange rate, probably MUCH more in the future. Do you know how that happened? Any hints of who could be the thief?

Maybe there is a chance to recoup them.

"Giving away" 2,000,000 mBTC sounds pretty crazy too.

Anyway, keep on going with the mBTC thing, sooner or later we will need to start using that for sure. Hope MtGoxfinally starts using that denomination, the psychological factor is important for people, and buying "one coin" for +$100 sounds "too expensive" for the average Joe, even if it's nonsense.
legendary
Antifragile

legendary
Activity: 1498
I told, I have three things I need to do in bitcoinworld to make it $300/mBTC this year.

Then they took me to a mental institution, and what I wrote, could not be established without me. Even now, it is unlikely that I will be the sole contributor. But please take a look about one of the three pillars. When something is not good, comment to add. It is not ready, and I am under medication, for which reason I also cannot talk as sharply as I could normally.

I am sure there are plenty of us in here - take your meds gentlemen!
Hope the best mate...

PS: Fish oil, Tianeptine, Bitcoin, Thorium - SO under valued!
legendary

Yes, I haven given away about 2,000,000 and 1,000,000 has been stolen but I still have some.

just fine. I remember your preference for that.
Looks like next up-leg underway as $110 crumbles.

it hardly crumbles

It clearly does.

It will crumble when it crumbles. Still standing ATM.

Anyhow, breaking $110 can be a good sign for a short-term rally to the $120s... But still it's nothing definitive in the sense of "the bull market is on". The bull market will be very likely when we break $135 on the upside, and will be a FACT when $166 falls. Till then, the bears are still ahead.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

it hardly crumbles

It clearly does.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
I told, I have three things I need to do in bitcoinworld to make it $300/mBTC this year.

Then they took me to a mental institution, and what I wrote, could not be established without me. Even now, it is unlikely that I will be the sole contributor. But please take a look about one of the three pillars. When something is not good, comment to add. It is not ready, and I am under medication, for which reason I also cannot talk as sharply as I could normally.

What happened to you?

Quick hint:

Anyhow, welcome back Risto.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon

What happened to you?

Don't make the poor guy rehash that history.

A quick search of the forum will make it abundantly clear.
Activity: 462

What happened to you?
Activity: 252

Then they took me to a mental institution, and what I wrote, could not be established without me. Even now, it is unlikely that I will be the sole contributor.

I always thought people were insulting rpietila when talking about crazy, not stating medical fact :O
Activity: 564
Merit: 508

it hardly crumbles

Who knows.
Anybody putting 1.000 pieces either bid or sell is potentially making the market turn now.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Jump to: