Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33114. (Read 26465757 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
I propose Namecoin
Will these domain names resolve without requiring me to reconfigure anything? If not then its useless (for now).

Resolve where? That is the problem. But, all they need to do is create a plugin for chrome and firefox and that solves the problem to an extent.
Doesn't do much for mom and pop but the internet revolution was created by techies and it took capitalistic greed like AOL to get people to use it...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
BTW, anyone knows the difference between Namecoin and Lucif's Dianna? https://dianna-project.org

No idea but thanks for the link. I looked at the wiki and it is based on Bitcoins blockchain, so it seems like it would be similar to NMC.

I still don't know why NMC is not going anywhere with their decentralized DNS???
I think the internet is quite reactionary and not necessarily proactive when it comes to politically bent things. e.g. - It took Napster getting owned to bring about torrent. (I'm not complaining).
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
I propose Namecoin
Will these domain names resolve without requiring me to reconfigure anything? If not then its useless (for now).
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
BTW, anyone knows the difference between Namecoin and Lucif's Dianna? https://dianna-project.org
legendary
Activity: 1372
Activity: 434
Does gox have alt domains?
Still .com?

They have mtgox.jp that is currently redirecting to mtgox.com.

It would probably be a good idea to stop stop depending on these stupid USA-regulated top level domains that can be seized by the USA at any moment and instead use local country TLDs.
I propose Namecoin

Seconded.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Still .com?

It would probably be a good idea to stop stop depending on these stupid USA-regulated top level domains that can be seized by the USA at any moment and instead use local country TLDs.
I propose Namecoin
Activity: 938
https://youengine.io/
Still .com?

Activity: 728
You mean being "fully licensed" like eCardOne, who, by the way, got their domain seized today?

funny pic. Was it taken at the bitcoin conference?
'cos it's almost as if the feds sent a couple of agents there to write down all the names of payment processors.
Activity: 411
Why did they wait 2 years to shut down liberty reserve? It takes time to build a case.

If that was their plan, they probably wouldn't have telegraphed it by seizing only their US accounts, thereby giving them time to move funds and destroy evidence.

I don't think Mt. Gox will be shut down, but I do not like that they have not even addressed the issue, and I won't risk funds with them until there is some clarity around their position.

As for Bitcoin itself, anything that happens to Mt. Gox will be a temporary setback. New, compliant exchanges are opening and will continue to open.

gox and communication.. ..

whenever they make statements.. it's always with open ends..    and let us guessing in the dark..

Activity: 420
Why did they wait 2 years to shut down liberty reserve? It takes time to build a case.

If that was their plan, they probably wouldn't have telegraphed it by seizing only their US accounts, thereby giving them time to move funds and destroy evidence.

I don't think Mt. Gox will be shut down, but I do not like that they have not even addressed the issue, and I won't risk funds with them until there is some clarity around their position.

As for Bitcoin itself, anything that happens to Mt. Gox will be a temporary setback. New, compliant exchanges are opening and will continue to open.
Activity: 686
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
And it's closure had nothing to do with affiliation to the notorious Liberty reserve and ability to withdraw funds from the same? All the same, these are centralised enterprises. Bitcoin is run from private computers, the people, all over the world.
Of course, but you can't ignore the effect exchanges currently have on bitcoin.

Well, sure but this is mostly FUD saturated, nervous speculators which affect the price so much. I still have all my Bitcoins, a good 10% of my net-worth and not planning to sell them during these growing pains of the currency. This new attention is likely the apparent threat to the USD that cryptocurrency represents.

Once all the negative news tails off, I fully expect a breakout in price and volume transition to whichever exchanges or 'trading station's that are left. Seriously though, if the US gov was going to shutdown MTGox, they would of done it already. Everyone just needs to chillout and enjoy the gravy train.

Works for me then, 2 years is a lifetime for Bitcoin. Bitstamp, CampBX or not even created exchange will be out by then and will have significant market volume. If there is a mass-adoption of the Bitcoin protocol worldwide then it will find a way, it is what Bitcoin was designed for.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
And it's closure had nothing to do with affiliation to the notorious Liberty reserve and ability to withdraw funds from the same? All the same, these are centralised enterprises. Bitcoin is run from private computers, the people, all over the world.

Well, sure but this is mostly FUD saturated, nervous speculators which affect the price so much. I still have all my Bitcoins, a good 10% of my net-worth and not planning to sell them during these growing pains of the currency. This new attention is likely the apparent threat to the USD that cryptocurrency represents.

Once all the negative news tails off, I fully expect a breakout in price and volume transition to whichever exchanges or 'trading station's that are left. Seriously though, if the US gov was going to shutdown MTGox, they would of done it already. Everyone just needs to chillout and enjoy the gravy train.

Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Panic! Bitstamp price is 0.00!!

Free bitcoins!  Let me at 'em!
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
When we see that banner on the mtgox domain , i'm sure the market cap will explode into a huge market CRAP.
FTFY.

IF this happens, there will be a market shock but once there is an exchange that fully complies with regulations, it will have monopoly; much like MTGox does right now. Bitcoin isn't just MTGox, fully decentralised... remember?

You mean being "fully licensed" like eCardOne, who, by the way, got their domain seized today?

Mtgox should just order that new domain already, and relocate from japan to a less US friendly environment Smiley

Jump to: