Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33117. (Read 26465757 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
^^ Nah. Just time to give up using .com domains. And buy namecoins maybe  Cheesy
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
When support has been firmly established you can cross it a bit it doesn't matter.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Statement Regarding Technocash Transfers
TOKYO - JAPAN - June 4th, 2013

After some deliberation and discussion with Technocash, an Australian service for Mt. Gox customer account funding and withdrawals, it has been decided that our customers in Australia will no longer be able to deposit and withdraw funds in AUD using Technocash starting June 15th, 2013.

We are working on alternatives for our Australian customers, but in the meantime please use other available methods such as international wire transfers, which are available in your customer accounts. Withdrawals via Technocash will be processed as long as we possibly can, and we will make our best effort to keep this method available.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and look forward to evolving with the vibrant Australian market.

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130604.html?Currency=AUD
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
eBay Invoice Notification for Friday, May 31, 2013

Amount Due:                            C$16.46

wtf is this eBay Invoice Notification? i didn't buy no eBay Invoice Notification  Huh  Huh  Huh

this is why i prefer bitcoin.....

It is a phishing attempt.  Bitcoin services have also been impersonated like this.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
eBay Invoice Notification for Friday, May 31, 2013

Amount Due:                            C$16.46

wtf is this eBay Invoice Notification? i didn't buy no eBay Invoice Notification  Huh  Huh  Huh

this is why i prefer bitcoin.....
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
If you draw a trend-line from one wick to the next it is broken if another wick crosses it. That's just the way it is, sorry the trendlines are broken.
The best you can hope for is a "false breakout".

Well I often see shakeout candles falling way below the supporting trendline (but open and close is above support) and then bouncing up again. The oppposite is called a 'shooting star' I believe. So I don't care if you call it a breakout or not, I'm just not convinced the support line is invalidated.

Candlesticks work independently from trend lines. What you have to remember is that the beginning and end of a candlestick is somewhat arbitrary from a price perspective. Each candle stick represents the same duration during successive time periods while the wicks are the respective highs and lows.
You can draw a trend line from one wick to another (still it is not optimal since the time of the price extrema isn't entirely correct) but it kind of works. The candles themselves however only have meaning in relation to each other in the form of recognizable patterns which for which it is unrelated where they occur, just if they do.

Right now they indicate a sideways trend, not a reversal.
i think you should go back to economic school
Welcome on my ignore list for such an extraordinarily idiotic reply.

yes I know it is frustrating to be wrong
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
If you draw a trend-line from one wick to the next it is broken if another wick crosses it. That's just the way it is, sorry the trendlines are broken.

Well I often see shakeout candles falling way below the supporting trendline (but open and close is above support) and then bouncing up again. The oppposite is called a 'shooting star' I believe. So I don't care if you call it a breakout or not, I'm just not convinced the support line is invalidated.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

And the ironic thing is his handle.  Cheesy
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Right, even with your line I still don't consider the support line invalidated. It doesn't look like a convincing break out (yet). Anyway, don't take this all too seriously I'm just having some fun in here. I don't believe these lines say all that much about the bigger picture. It can go up or down from here, that's all I can say about it for sure. Tongue

I'm glad you asked the initial question as it wasn't clear to me either.

TA is great, I use it all the time, but it does not follow rules like some are making it out to be. That might be more true in BTC as the programs are not fully in effect and even more so, BTC does not exactly fall under the typical stock, commodity, currency, etc. paradigm.

I think what TA does show in BTC is sentiment and habit, but I'm no expert. Just having some fun...  Wink
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Let's see if the support line holds at around $117.

Might fall deeper. Looks a double top to me.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Well.. 1k buy wall, price jumps to 122 and ... 502 bad gateway -- Website currently unavailable. Bitstamp.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Right, even with your line I still don't consider the support line invalidated. It doesn't look like a convincing break out (yet). Anyway, don't take this all too seriously I'm just having some fun in here. I don't believe these lines say all that much about the bigger picture. It can go up or down from here, that's all I can say about it for sure. Tongue
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
Why your first two lows touch the trendline but not the last one?
Because the last one breaks it.

the support isn't broken.. (yet^^) i think you should go back to economic school or if you didn't studied that you should check how support/resistance works...
Jump to: