Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33178. (Read 26465161 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Imagine somebody buying or selling a few thousands coins now...

Most of the people naping along clarkmoody would fell of their chairs.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

When we treat other people as "competitors" then stealing and such when times get tough is a predictable outcome. But we have known no other form of government and economics. We are taught in the schools that Darwin was right, when nature shows us cooperation is right. (Even with Lions hunting prey, Nature is mostly a brilliant example of cooperation).

Yeah , lions are the perfect example.... do you know what happens to lions cubs when a new male or male group takes over the pack  (after killing or routing the previous males) ?

Don't mistake colaboration in the same pack with colaboration between the entire species.

I'll take ErisDircordias answer

If you want to submit to a central authority dictating how to live different aspects of your life for whatever reason (maybe you feel insecure about your own sense of judgement, are afraid of deviating from norms because of ostracism or just don't like to take responsibility) that's your choice. but PLEASE for the love of everything that is dear to you: let those who don't want a life like that be FREE to not join your game. As it turns out there's a big chance that the next major inventions and technological improvements will come exactly from these people.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
In any scenario where theres an absence of central authority or rules people will revert to their original sociopathic state.. people will kill each other for petty things because now they will not be questioned for the crime.. i think rules are necessary but only to an extent where they protect the society and not an individual.. rules today are only for those without power, the average citizen.. the ones with money aka power still dont have to answer for their crimes..

Again, you don't know that. You are speaking like recent history is the proof of what human behavior is.

We have been led by the least among us. We have been led with money in mind and not compassion. Change the variables of the equation we currently live in, and you would not feel nor believe what you do.

Our educational system has been dumbing us down with Prussian "education" since the 1800's. Taking away and killing our creativity and curiosity.

Do the real research and you will see we have manipulated to feel and believe what we currently do.

But welcome to the apocalypse - the truth is being unveiled...

So heres a situation buddy.. its apocalypse time.. you are out of water and food.. starving for a week now and all you have is a gun.. you see a guy with some food (maybe a hotdog or whateva you like).. You go to him and he tell you to F off coz he found it its his.. what are you gonna do.. keep starvin for god knows how long or go away quitely??

In an ideal world where the governments took care of its citizens and people actually cared for each other and respected each others possession this situation would never have come.. but we have to face reality here.. i have seen a guy killin a vendor for 15 Rs ie 0.27$.. yeah thats the kinda fucked up world we live in.. so its always better to be cautious..
and i totaly agree we have been made slaves.. creativity today iis considered a sign of illness.. as if something is wrong with him or her.. education actually ruined us..

Apocalypse means unveiling or uncovering. It doesn't mean destruction. Get over what they have been telling you, scaring you with. It is their ending, their way of business, not ours.

If things get tough I will act accordingly (probably, hard to really know), but right now we have a choice. Life isn't hypothetical, it is, is.

Again, you go an believe your reality and let us believe ours. Enough said...

Okay sir  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
In any scenario where theres an absence of central authority or rules people will revert to their original sociopathic state.. people will kill each other for petty things because now they will not be questioned for the crime.. i think rules are necessary but only to an extent where they protect the society and not an individual.. rules today are only for those without power, the average citizen.. the ones with money aka power still dont have to answer for their crimes..

Again, you don't know that. You are speaking like recent history is the proof of what human behavior is.

We have been led by the least among us. We have been led with money in mind and not compassion. Change the variables of the equation we currently live in, and you would not feel nor believe what you do.

Our educational system has been dumbing us down with Prussian "education" since the 1800's. Taking away and killing our creativity and curiosity.

Do the real research and you will see we have manipulated to feel and believe what we currently do.

But welcome to the apocalypse - the truth is being unveiled...

So heres a situation buddy.. its apocalypse time.. you are out of water and food.. starving for a week now and all you have is a gun.. you see a guy with some food (maybe a hotdog or whateva you like).. You go to him and he tell you to F off coz he found it its his.. what are you gonna do.. keep starvin for god knows how long or go away quitely??

In an ideal world where the governments took care of its citizens and people actually cared for each other and respected each others possession this situation would never have come.. but we have to face reality here.. i have seen a guy killin a vendor for 15 Rs ie 0.27$.. yeah thats the kinda fucked up world we live in.. so its always better to be cautious..
and i totaly agree we have been made slaves.. creativity today iis considered a sign of illness.. as if something is wrong with him or her.. education actually ruined us..

Apocalypse means unveiling or uncovering. It doesn't mean destruction. Get over what they have been telling you, scaring you with. It is their ending, their way of business, not ours.

If things get tough I will act accordingly (probably, hard to really know), but right now we have a choice. Life isn't hypothetical, it is, is.

Again, you go an believe your reality and let us believe ours. Enough said...
in defi we trust
Back to Gox , funny 0.01 trades Smiley
That wasnt my point brother.. what i wanted to ask you is what would you do in this situation.. leave quietly or force the guy to give or share his food ??

Since you're asking me directly like this, let me present you with my preferred option which you evidently haven't thought of yet:

...................*drumroll*......................

Opening my mouth and saying "hey dude I'm really hungry and in a bad shape. Care to share some of your food with me?"

That made me laugh   Cheesy

Tada tam tshhhhh...

Did you thought the same thing would happen to him when saying "opening my mouth" as I did?  Grin

No man.. none of that.. it was the drumroll imagination followed by a guy sayin.. care to give me some.. thats funny  Grin
Okay let me just tell you.. Yes most of us hhave been raised very well by our parents annd we should be thankfull to them but this younger generation isnt being raised they are growing up thats all.. all i see is selfishness and greed.. a hunger to have as much as possible even if it is at the expense of others.. if i was in that situation maybe i would have begged him for food and most probably leave coz i am no fighter.. but if the situation was the reverse i would have most prob have shared coz thats how we were raised as children.. moral values.. those are degrading

Second.. the thing that autharities are allways replaced by gangsters.. yes most of the time its true but if you have people who have been raised well that wont happen now would it.. because whenever they would do anything wrong their conscience would pop up.. atleast thats how i feel.. Its a long debate anyhow.. human mind is as mystical as it always has been and full of surprises  Grin

Satoshi gave us the bitcoin u know  Grin
in defi we trust
That wasnt my point brother.. what i wanted to ask you is what would you do in this situation.. leave quietly or force the guy to give or share his food ??

Since you're asking me directly like this, let me present you with my preferred option which you evidently haven't thought of yet:

Opening my mouth and saying "hey dude I'm really hungry and in a bad shape. Care to share some of your food with me?"

That made me laugh   Cheesy

Tada tam tshhhhh...

Did you thought the same thing would happen to him when saying "opening my mouth" as I did?  Grin

That made me laugh   Cheesy

Tada tam tshhhhh...
in defi we trust

He already told you that the guy would say f*** off , don't try to be a smart ass avoiding the question (and not quoting the entire paragraph)
You risk starvation , the guy has food but doesn't want to share. Next move?
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
If the right kind of people ie the ones who actually care for others rather than themselves take charge ...[...]

And this is the weak point / condition that has been failing for thousands of years. Many people declared to be the right kind. But once they take charge ... well that's a different story.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Everybody seems to think that a central authority is pretty much the same as a monarchy or dictatorship.. If the right kind of people ie the ones who actually care for others rather than themselves take charge i dont see why we cant form a well functioning and people welfare oriented society/government?? That would be a central authority but not a dictatorship.. so no slavery  Smiley
 Am i wrong in thinking this way??

Every central authority beginning from good and right people. But then it becomes occupied by "gangsters"...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Why do people act selfishly? Is it part of their nature or does it have something to do with the social and cultural environment around them which has 'taught' them that being selfish is the best way to survive? Could you think of an environment that encourages cooperation over competition, or is that impossible and do all roads lead to the basic survival of the fittest scenario? Can we humans make the next step in evolution or will we stick to our barbaric ways of waging war over resources and land? I believe that is the main question that will be answered in the next couple of decades.
Everybody seems to think that a central authority is pretty much the same as a monarchy or dictatorship.. If the right kind of people ie the ones who actually care for others rather than themselves take charge i dont see why we cant form a well functioning and people welfare oriented society/government?? That would be a central authority but not a dictatorship.. so no slavery  Smiley
 Am i wrong in thinking this way??
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Begging not to get into slavery? No chance!!!!!! Smiley

Nothing is impossible with a brain  Grin
in defi we trust

When we treat other people as "competitors" then stealing and such when times get tough is a predictable outcome. But we have known no other form of government and economics. We are taught in the schools that Darwin was right, when nature shows us cooperation is right. (Even with Lions hunting prey, Nature is mostly a brilliant example of cooperation).

Yeah , lions are the perfect example.... do you know what happens to lions cubs when a new male or male group takes over the pack  (after killing or routing the previous males) ?

Don't mistake colaboration in the same pack with colaboration between the entire species.
in defi we trust
If you want to submit to a central authority dictating how to live different aspects of your life for whatever reason (maybe you feel insecure about your own sense of judgement, are afraid of deviating from norms because of ostracism or just don't like to take responsibility) that's your choice. but PLEASE for the love of everything that is dear to you: let those who don't want a life like that be FREE to not join your game. As it turns out there's a big chance that the next major inventions and technological improvements will come exactly from these people.

+1

Begging not to get into slavery? No chance!!!!!! Smiley

2 points to be made here:

1. in a situation like this, the government couldn't help that guy either.
2. how do we end up in situations like this? I would argue that usually it's precisely due to some government fatally mismanaging the economy and available resources. I mean once you're in a situation like today, where the government takes about half of your income from you, the apocalypse is only a tiny step away. Hint: governments are really bad at managing resources - I wonder if that has something to do with them being monopolies and all Wink

Jump to: