Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33182. (Read 26465165 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Expected.

Only coinseeker would sell if the US says "Bitcoin is bad". Normal people will just buy all the coins they can with their fiat and transfer them to their wallets Smiley

Leaving jokes apart, all this is quite bullish for BTC. Despite of MtGox's fuck up, it's a fact that main BTC exchanges are trying to comply with regulations. And the sheriffs that busted LR say clearly that they are NOT after virtual currencies if they abid to FinCEN rules:

http://www.davidnews.com/2013/05/liberty-reserve-laundered-6-billion.html

That's the sheriffs press conference, listen carefully from minute 28:00

I want to make clear that today's actions does not mean that we are against virtual currencies

And you can see how the guy is implicitly referring to BTC, saying that it's ok if the exchanges are registered as MSB's

Thanks for the link. I like how he starts off - "This might be the biggest international money laundering case..."   NO - HSBC 8 billion and Wachovia 100's of billions.

And he went on to say "To the contrary, mobile and internet based financial technologies, including virtual currencies, have great promise to empower consumers, to encourage the development of innovative financial products and expand access to financial services. In fact FinCen issued guidance in March 2013 to bring clarity and regulatory certainty to businesses and individuals...."

" Those offering virtual currencies must comply with these regulatory requirements and if they do so they have nothing to fear..."

Thanks for the transcription, I was too lazy to do it.

"Virtual currencies have great promise to empower consumers"

"They have nothing to fear"

He really wanted to make it clear.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Grin  I know you guys hate that word...that's why I use it.

Obvious Troll is Confessing! Grin
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
4h ema aboot to cross ? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 980
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
how self-observant of you
Activity: 252
I wish you "bulls" would put your money were your mouths are and start BUYING!!  At least we'd have some action.  As far as I can tell, that's why you hate FUD...because you're so easily shaken in your faith.  Sell everything and buy bitcoin.  You shouldn't even have a computer right now.  It's depreciating anyway.  Aren't you in reality, losing money based on your delusions thinking?  Or is it really just all talk?

Come on. Stick to your FUD and stop bringing discordance to the forum. Did you sell those XRP's for that outrageous price you were asking btw?  Cheesy

Patience is a virtue.   Wink

I wish you "bulls" would put your money were your mouths are and start BUYING!!  At least we'd have some action.  As far as I can tell, that's why you hate FUD...because you're so easily shaken in your faith.  Sell everything and buy bitcoin.  You shouldn't even have a computer right now.  It's depreciating anyway.  Aren't you in reality, losing money based on your delusions thinking?  Or is it really just all talk?

You are speaking to the wrong audience Coinseeker. Bulls on the forum are largely invested. New money will come from the unenlighened rabble.

Excuses, excuses.  Roll Eyes  All talk, no action.  It's becoming clearer now. 
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
I wish you "bulls" would put your money were your mouths are and start BUYING!!  At least we'd have some action.  As far as I can tell, that's why you hate FUD...because you're so easily shaken in your faith.  Sell everything and buy bitcoin.  You shouldn't even have a computer right now.  It's depreciating anyway.  Aren't you in reality, losing money based on your delusions thinking?  Or is it really just all talk?

Come on. Stick to your FUD and stop bringing discordance to the forum. Did you sell those XRP's for that outrageous price you were asking btw?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Expected.

Only coinseeker would sell if the US says "Bitcoin is bad". Normal people will just buy all the coins they can with their fiat and transfer them to their wallets Smiley

Leaving jokes apart, all this is quite bullish for BTC. Despite of MtGox's fuck up, it's a fact that main BTC exchanges are trying to comply with regulations. And the sheriffs that busted LR say clearly that they are NOT after virtual currencies if they abid to FinCEN rules:

http://www.davidnews.com/2013/05/liberty-reserve-laundered-6-billion.html

That's the sheriffs press conference, listen carefully from minute 28:00

I want to make clear that today's actions does not mean that we are against virtual currencies

And you can see how the guy is implicitly referring to BTC, saying that it's ok if the exchanges are registered as MSB's

Thanks for the link. I like how he starts off - "This might be the biggest international money laundering case..."   NO - HSBC 8 billion and Wachovia 100's of billions.

And he went on to say "To the contrary, mobile and internet based financial technologies, including virtual currencies, have great promise to empower consumers, to encourage the development of innovative financial products and expand access to financial services. In fact FinCen issued guidance in March 2013 to bring clarity and regulatory certainty to businesses and individuals...."

" Those offering virtual currencies must comply with these regulatory requirements and if they do so they have nothing to fear..."

I wish you "bulls" would put your money were your mouths are and start BUYING!!  At least we'd have some action.  As far as I can tell, that's why you hate FUD...because you're so easily shaken in your faith.  Sell everything and buy bitcoin.  You shouldn't even have a computer right now.  It's depreciating anyway.  Aren't you in reality, losing money based on your delusions thinking?  Or is it really just all talk?
legendary
I agree it's good news for Bitcoin, if it's sincere.  Now submit to regulations and hope for the best.

You still don't get it do you? Exchanges have to play by the rules ofcourse but bitcoin itself can not and will not be regulated. Sorry if that hurts your regulated feelings.

That's why there's a need for a decentralized exchange that can't be touched as well (eg bittorrent). Until then, it's gonna be a risky game playing on these exchanges.

The problem with Bitcoin is fiat.

Yeah, final victory is breaking the loop fiat->btc–>fiat. As long as BTC's value is linked to fiat, they still have an enormous power. They are still the owners of "money", and while they cannot shut down the protocol, they can play with its perceived value at will.

Still, quite a challenge  for the establishment.

Gotta love to be part of this experiment.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
I agree it's good news for Bitcoin, if it's sincere.  Now submit to regulations and hope for the best.

You still don't get it do you? Exchanges have to play by the rules ofcourse but bitcoin itself can not and will not be regulated. Sorry if that hurts your regulated feelings.

That's why there's a need for a decentralized exchange that can't be touched as well (eg bittorrent). Until then, it's gonna be a risky game playing on these exchanges.

The problem with Bitcoin is fiat.

legendary
I don't think anybody was speaking of Bitcoin itself rather than exchanges and anti money laundering regulations.

He was speaking about Bitcoin because he made a precisa reference about the Fincen statement that cited explicitly Bitcoin. 

That was still about exchanges.

What he said is that they are not against virtual currencies at all,  they just want exchanges to comply to regulation. 

Thus, they know they cannot simply "shut down" BTC as they did with LR.

That's bullish.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I don't think anybody was speaking of Bitcoin itself rather than exchanges and anti money laundering regulations.

He was speaking about Bitcoin because he made a precisa reference about the Fincen statement that cited explicitly Bitcoin. 

That was still about exchanges.
legendary

And then he said the they do like innovation, which is pretty much the difference between BTC and LR: the former is an open source, community driven innovative project. The latter was just a business run by a convicted felon that circumvented wittingly regulations.

The point is the feds have realized virtual currencies are a big deal, and that you cannot simply ban a p2p protocol. If they have half a brain they know they have to control as much as possible the fiat->btc conversion and that the ban route is the most ineffective one.

I wouldn't be surprised by an exchange run by JPMorgan, in any case they want to he the market makers as per silver and not been cut out.  Smiley

And if they finally want to get rid of it, there are better strategies than simply ban it.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 504

legendary

If you're interested

Mt. Gox case is different from LibertyReserve - Mt. Gox was focused solely on registration, warrant is here: http://money.cnn.com/interactive/technology/dhs-mtgox-bitcoin/index.html?iid=EL

We all have seen that. Still wondering about the close temporal proximity, or lets call it quick succession. Maybe, this all originates at the same office, bureaucrats you know.  Tongue
Maybe they have "Internet month" and next month they are after something different, like credit card fraud or fake bills.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

If you're interested

Mt. Gox case is different from LibertyReserve - Mt. Gox was focused solely on registration, warrant is here: http://money.cnn.com/interactive/technology/dhs-mtgox-bitcoin/index.html?iid=EL
legendary
 Grin  I know you guys hate that word...that's why I use it.  Settle down children, settle down.  It's just a forum. 
Jump to: