Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33187. (Read 26465123 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I speculate that the price will either rise or fall, one of those two.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

I think that here we have yet another small (two-days) triangle that ends just between 129 and 129.5.

If someone will buy the 130 and 131 we go up again, otherwise we will again test support ... Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Price is too stable for traders to take advantage of right now, they're all waiting for movement. I'm just waiting for the price to drop a little so I can buy with my freshly arrived fiat. Tongue
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Not a single trade at Gox in the last 6 minutes.

Only 6 trades at Gox in the last 42 minutes.

Jeeeeeeez.... That's slow indeed. Fear, Uncertainity, Doubt? Interest fading out?

A little bit of everything.
i was noticing the same thing Smiley

well.. something will happen one way or another  at some point hehe

edit:
connected users: 3870 bitcoinity   
well it's not that bad.. ive seen more trading.; with less users online..   it might be just silence before storm.. 
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Not a single trade at Gox in the last 6 minutes.

Only 6 trades at Gox in the last 42 minutes.

Jeeeeeeez.... That's slow indeed. Fear, Uncertainity, Doubt? Interest fading out?

A little bit of everything.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
The moment we free ourselves from the tyranny of the goverment and become free...

I'm selling you my laptop and all my bitcoins for a bow , 10 arrows and a blanket.

Edit : till then i'm offering my btc at a 150$ rate.

i would accept. that also implies, that you are not able to craft your own bow. i already did this, when i was around 6 years old. so i will open a brand new bow-business. Wink

Well , I've been practicing archery for about 6 years as a hobby (only minor competitions , not worth mentioning) so I think we have a different view of a bow Smiley.
Honestly , I would think it will take me months to build a hunting one with my skills , thats why the "HIGH" offer.
sorry to disappoint you. but i only construct bows (and other things as well) from scratch for survival (like a few hundert and thousand years ago). not for competition nor war. you need to go to my neighboor. maybe he constructs bows you want. but be prepared. his bows are much more expensive.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
The moment we free ourselves from the tyranny of the goverment and become free...

I'm selling you my laptop and all my bitcoins for a bow , 10 arrows and a blanket.

i would accept. that also implies, that you are not able to craft your own bow. i already did this, when i was around 6 years old. so i will open a brand new bow-business. Wink

Well , I've been practicing archery for about 6 years as a hobby (only minor competitions , not worth mentioning) so I think we have a different view of a bow Smiley.
Honestly , I would think it will take me months to build a hunting one with my skills , thats why the "HIGH" offer.

in defi we trust

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
I often wonder why it is that some violently fight the idea of any aspect of human interaction being unregulated by some sort of central authority. Why is that? Not being able to conceive of such arrangements working due to lack of imagination? General mistrust of people? Sincere belief that everything under the sun just works out better if we have a single set of rules enforced by deadly force? Honestly, I don't really get it.

I'm happy to see a concept like Bitcoin coming along and (so far) proving that free human interaction is not only possible, but desirable.

Also to all those people wanting Bitcoin (and everything else) to submit to regulation: there is a number of people (like me) who desire freedom from regulation. Due to moral/ethical considerations or due to their conviction that plurality of options and freedom to experiment ultimately bring about better results and stability. This number keeps growing with every disaster brought about by regulation and central planning. Perhaps one day we will reach a critical mass of people desiring freedom and being willing and able to take responsibility for it.

As long as there is no choice and no option for people not wanting to submit, all we really have tyranny.

I think Human history (and those that control it) have give people the idea that we, humans, are inherently bad. That is false, but when you control the past and present, you have a way of effecting the future. But, it does appear we are coming out of that mindset. This learning takes some time.  Smiley

The regulation part is just terrible - in some ways it does protect us but clearly in other ways it imprisons us (and perhaps that is the idea.) Just look at how much money it costs to get involved in money transmitting/trading - by just the cost it excludes small companies (who often bring innovation). Look at large companies involved in the drug trade - HSBC (8 billion laundered?), Wachovia (100's of Billions laundered), CIA - Huh - it is clear regulation is not protecting many people but the criminals themselves. Sort of like being trapped in a matrix within a matrix. But again, we are coming out of it...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Replies:12183    Views:280965
Where better for Fear mongering than here?
Not that it has any bearing on reality.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
@Coinseeker:

1) you don't seem to understand that black market is not "tiny". It's a 1,800 billion/year economy. Do the maths.

2) you don't seem to know that the Bitcoin concept was born in cyberpunk and crypto-anarchists circles, and that was designed with very "unpatriotic" characteristics at its core. It's decentralized and trust-free (do you understand what does this implies for the US Gov and the FED?), and it is conceived from the very beginning to be resilient to Governments attacks. I wonder why someone like you is interested in such a concept.

Then, you mock me up because I said that real demand brought BTC to "a whole $14" from $0.07. You are blind if you do not see how immense growth is x200 in just a couple of years because of the demand generated by two tiny businesses (SD and SR). And you are just plainly ignorant if you do not understand how huge is the potential growth regardless of BTC being banned or semi-illegal. Give it time, and then we will discuss.

Just because the value has gone up to 130 , it doesn't mean there are 10x users than last year or we're doing 10x transactions.

Currently the price is based more on "what bitcoin will be" than is actual value.

True, the current price is based on speculation. The "natural" demand of BTC brought us to $14, and based on current electricity costs (miners won't sell their coins at a loss) the speculation-less price for 1BTC it's around $50. This is hard math, not speculation. Just check the numbers yourself.

Difficulty and thus electricity cost per BTC will keep increasing, and "real economy" around BTC will grow accordingly, as it always did: if there is a global ban (almost impossible), we will still have black market economy + "idealists" using it, and that will lead to steady (but slower) growth. If there is an US ban (unlikely at this point, but a possibility somewhere in the future), we will still have increasing demand all over the rest of the world, which will lead us to exponential growth. If there is no ban at all, even better for us all.

There are only two lethal threats to Bitcoin:

a) the development of a superior crypto-currency with the same core characteristics (trust-free and decentralized and thus immune to Government attacks)
b) a fatal flaw in the technology of the protocol (highly unlikely at this point)

Every other scenario has been analyzed, and Bitcoin is designed to rise stronger from those scenarios, including a Government ban.

Actually, he does understand all that. He is here to spread FUD. You can see his alter ego's quite transparently. He is just trying to bring fear into the BTC equation.

I only reply to bring some as-semblance of balance to those reading his posts - so as they know they are FUD. We all do a pretty good job of that with Coinseeker.
in defi we trust

Bitcoin can't do more than about 605k transactions a day without a hard fork.

Are you sure about that number?

From the page aepfel linked:

Today the Bitcoin network is restricted to a sustained rate of 7 tps by some artificial limits.

7*3600*24 = 604800

That makes sense , my bad.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
I often wonder why it is that some violently fight the idea of any aspect of human interaction being unregulated by some sort of central authority. Why is that? Not being able to conceive of such arrangements working due to lack of imagination? General mistrust of people? Sincere belief that everything under the sun just works out better if we have a single set of rules enforced by deadly force? Honestly, I don't really get it.

I'm happy to see a concept like Bitcoin coming along and (so far) proving that free human interaction is not only possible, but desirable.

Also to all those people wanting Bitcoin (and everything else) to submit to regulation: there is a number of people (like me) who desire freedom from regulation. Due to moral/ethical considerations or due to their conviction that plurality of options and freedom to experiment ultimately bring about better results and stability. This number keeps growing with every disaster brought about by regulation and central planning. Perhaps one day we will reach a critical mass of people desiring freedom and being willing and able to take responsibility for it.

As long as there is no choice and no option for people not wanting to submit, all we really have tyranny.
legendary

From the page aepfel linked:

Today the Bitcoin network is restricted to a sustained rate of 7 tps by some artificial limits.

7*3600*24 = 604800
in defi we trust

max. transactions/second is atm artifactionaly keept low to not blow up blockchainsize unnecessarily. Wink

Yeah , I know that but , I was under the impresion that 360k/day is the transaction limit.

max. transactions/second is atm artifactionaly keept low to not blow up blockchainsize unnecessarily. Wink

edit: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability for the ones that want to read it but to lazy to google.
in defi we trust

legendary
And I have the bad feeling that we missed a one in a life time chance when we were in the spotlight to gain more people to use bitcoins.

Is that a feeling you would be willing to bet on?

For me it would be a safe bet
missed chance at least I won the bet / no missed chance at least my bitcoins will be worth more

In your case you risk to end up with a double loss. Smiley

Well that's one way of looking at it, but it's wrong.

I am willing to bet 1 BTC that within two years there will be at least 10 times as many people using Bitcoin than use it today, as indicated by the number of client downloads. If you really think it's a safe bet, and you really think we missed our chance to get users, put up.

Client downloads number is worth *******.
And , you assume a mass adoption with 10x number of people in two years? Are you joking?

We currently have 55k transactions a day (just double from the lowest point in 2012) , so 550k would be that amazing?
And remember , transactions outside the top100 (sd/pools etc.) are just half of it.

Jump to: