Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33194. (Read 26465014 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
It's their paranoia toward funding terrorism. This is why we can almost be certain bitcoin will be hit hard (in the near future) by the US gov. Even though they can't destroy it and it will only come back stronger of course.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
The issue is that the US government quickly dismantles any business that allows such a thing. Literally every single US based service ever that has enabled irreversible fast payments has been shut down. I'm not joking.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
ManualMiner
what is it with those dwolla, okpay and so on, why do u.s. citizen need such enterprises?
dont you have wire transfer as in europe: you give your bank a account number, the sum to transfer and 1day to 10 days after its done. the whole thing works with webinterfaces of the banks too. why take a third party for that???
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

i think the market is smart enough to realize things will get worse b4 it they get better... but they will get better.

because cavitrex is based in canada, for me sending money to the exchange is free, and as easy as paying my electric bill online.

the same can be true for a USD based exchange...  not sure what's taking so long?? coinlab stop jerking off and do something!

I'm talking short-term of course. It's only up from here long-term, but after the drop to $124 yesterday, any bad news has the potential to drop it lower.

this is maybe just the reason why we get down yesterday. most of the time big boys have the news way before everyones.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I requote, just to be sure nobody gets that wrong:

Bitcoin processing temporarily suspended
5/27/2013
Dear customers, we are currently suspending bitcoin processing.

https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/bitcoin-okpay-terms-of-use.html

It's not the first time they done this, but the question remains: what is the reason and how is it linked to Gox?

My guess is they are waiting to see what happens with the dwolla account. They are in a similar situation, not necessarily affected themselves but the exchanges would be.
It's a precaution, for them it's better to lose a little business for the time than have to risk a mass of disgruntled consumers with frozen funds.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

i think the market is smart enough to realize things will get worse b4 it they get better... but they will get better.

because cavitrex is based in canada, for me sending money to the exchange is free, and as easy as paying my electric bill online.

the same can be true for a USD based exchange...  not sure what's taking so long?? coinlab stop jerking off and do something!

I'm talking short-term of course. It's only up from here long-term, but after the drop to $124 yesterday, any bad news has the potential to drop it lower.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

I requote, just to be sure nobody gets that wrong:

Bitcoin processing temporarily suspended
5/27/2013
Dear customers, we are currently suspending bitcoin processing.

https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/bitcoin-okpay-terms-of-use.html

It's not the first time they done this, but the question remains: what is the reason and how is it linked to Gox?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Is there still no official comment from Gox on Dwolla?
Activity: 461
Merit: 251
So does Gox have any plans to be a ripple gateway?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
bitcoin needs to make it own Okpay like service... and stop using these 3rd party systems.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

LOL, check this shit, it's hilarious:

Mt. Gox wishes the best to OKPay, and we look forward to working together more closely
in the future. The Bitcoin economy is going through many changes recently, and we are
positive that they will ultimately work themselves out in the best interests of the
community and the World.

Source: https://mtgox.com/pdf/20130528_okpay_statement.pdf
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Large volume purchases help in the LONG but not in the SHORT.
I suspect we see sub 100 before we see 150.  JMO! Wink

52k to go under 100 and 42k to go on 150. it's tight but why not.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Nice to see I called it right to sell at 127 (bitstamp)  Cheesy
Now if I just knew how low it goes...  Roll Eyes

Btw.: I decided based on technical analyses as well. It was telling me we were and are in a downward trend.
What it (obviously) can't tell me is when the trend will break.  Tongue

What is up with the bitstamp feed at bitcoinity though? It's dead for me, while the one for mt.gox is working fine  Undecided

Edit: Wow, that was quite a buy! about 2kBTC upwards in one go, right through 128!

Wait, your TA didn't predict that??

TA should have told him that the best point to sell was yesterday at $133, to then rebuy at $125ish, as per here (price was $133 at that point):

Testing again $125 is expected (if I weren't all in ATM I would place a bid at $125.79 or similar), but I don't think we will break $125. If we don't break it, is bullish sign. If we break-it, is definitely short term bearish.

What the TA cannot tell you is: will we test again $125? I think yes, but impossible to know reading TA. We will break it? I think not, but it's 50/50 chance. Anyhow, as I love coins more than fiat, I wouldn't sell again the coins bought back at $125ish.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
The movement is undecided, which means we are still in a downward trend.
The 2kBTC buy is enough to make us go up in the short term (which means I rebought at 125[bitstamp]  Grin), but whether it will be enough to start a trend reversal? No idea what so ever...

Well I don't see any trend at all, only that the upward trend has been put to a stop. One or a few people decided to dump a large amount of coins yesterday bringing us from $133-135 to $125-130 and we've been trading sideways within that range since then. We're back to where we were last Friday, and I'm not really sure where we go from here. Perhaps consolidation again for a couple of days.
Jump to: