Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33228. (Read 26464036 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
There is no reason for the sudden and dramatic rise in volume. Insider trading? My bet is that some traders have become aware of impending negative news regarding gox and want coins off the exchange. We've been on the edge since the Dwolla incident.

Is this some kind of advanced reverse psychology that you are speaking?  Cheesy
There was just a conference with lots of VC's there. So, some traders know of impending negative news and so are somehow driving the price up and risking lots of $$$ in the meantime?
You should write children's stories...  Grin

Come on, you can come up with something more factual that that. How about the Japanese stock market COLLAPSED by 12% yesterday and that is a sign that Quantitative Easing (aka planned hyperinflation) doesn't work.

Ok , let's hold the bulls a bit and be serious , with facts
NIKKEI is way higher than it was one month ago , even with the drop , ( not 12%) and currently is running green at +0.9%.

Let's not get into another Cyprus story

The Nikkei is up for a few reasons: 1 - They are printing A LOT more money there per suggestion from American Bankers. A LOT of that money goes into the stock market there, as it does in America. 2 - The artificially low interest rates create a situation where corporations are borrowing next to free money and buying back there stocks. Up 82% over last year. This reduces shares in the publics hands and therefor profits go up (with less shares to count for). 3. The artificially low interest rates cause savers to be penalized as savings is lowing value due to the inflationary environment. So, they put money in the stock market.

Now of course, the campaign to keep gold and silver down via naked puts is as strong as ever. They MUST not allow a rising gold/silver price to their money as the public knows the historical connection. So, they keep it down. See Gata.org.

Now, when you see the stock market fall 7% in one day, don't try to paint an inflationary induced rise in a positive way. It is up due to printing money, plain and simple.

When productivity goes down, unemployment up, etc. and the stock market is up HUGE, what the heck does that tell any sane person about the economy and the situation in general? We don't believe nor trust the what the government is saying, because we have learned better.

Don't get angry at me , but you just see things the way you want them to be , you're not analyzing you're just saying I'M RIGHT.
It has been debated for so long and proven that Cyprus had nothing to do with that price spike , now you're trying to find a "disaster" responsable for every bitcoin price raise.
Common , people running from Japan meltdown and buying ...33k BTC,  4 millions usd ? AMAZING SUM! For the cleaning lady maybe.
Ps. cut 200 coins out of those 33k , I bought those ones.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say and I am not angry at you. I actually have quite fun posting here. It's hard to know what another is feeling by looking only at their words.

Anyway, if you haven't noticed, BTC is a sentiment indicator. The reason BTC is doing what it is doing right now is because global currencies are being inflated, manipulated, etc. People are tired of it and are looking for something they can trust. Enter BTC. You can't say the price of BTC went up right after Cyprus happened but didn't have anything to do with it and not back it up. That is a very very strong thing to say minus Strong evidence. Well, you just attacked my, in your words, "disaster" message and never gave any information to the contrary. You are sort of clearly exposed now. What is your point? To attack, then present the correct opinion and don't just use aggressive language to try an make your point. Emotion is concerned with winning, not with truth, quite often. So give me facts.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Hey, while I wasn't looking bitstamp punched through its resistance and is reaching new daily heights!

Cool  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I'm thinking of switching from Bitstamp to Mt.Gox. It's kinda annoying that Bitstamp just doesn't seem to want to go up together with Mt.Gox. I feel there are a lot more trading opportunities on Gox. :/

That comes with liquidity
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
There is no reason for the sudden and dramatic rise in volume. Insider trading? My bet is that some traders have become aware of impending negative news regarding gox and want coins off the exchange. We've been on the edge since the Dwolla incident.

There was just a conference with lots of VC's there. So, some traders know of impending negative news and so are somehow driving the price up and risking lots of $$$ in the meantime?

Come on, you can come up with something more factual that that. How about the Japanese stock market COLLAPSED by 12% yesterday and that is a sign that Quantitative Easing (aka planned hyperinflation) doesn't work.

NIKKEI is way higher than it was one month ago , even with the drop , ( not 12%) and currently is running green at +0.9%.

The Nikkei is up for a few reasons: 1 - They are printing A LOT more money there per suggestion from American Bankers. A LOT of that money goes into the stock market there, as it does in America. 2 - The artificially low interest rates create a situation where corporations are borrowing next to free money and buying back there stocks. Up 82% over last year. This reduces shares in the publics hands and therefor profits go up (with less shares to count for). 3. The artificially low interest rates cause savers to be penalized as savings is lowing value due to the inflationary environment. So, they put money in the stock market.

Now of course, the campaign to keep gold and silver down via naked puts is as strong as ever. They MUST not allow a rising gold/silver price to their money as the public knows the historical connection. So, they keep it down. See Gata.org.

Now, when you see the stock market fall 7% in one day, don't try to paint an inflationary induced rise in a positive way. It is up due to printing money, plain and simple.

When productivity goes down, unemployment up, etc. and the stock market is up HUGE, what the heck does that tell any sane person about the economy and the situation in general? We don't believe nor trust the what the government is saying, because we have learned better.

Don't get angry at me , but you just see things the way you want them to be , you're not analyzing you're just saying I'M RIGHT.
It has been debated for so long and proven that Cyprus had nothing to do with that price spike , now you're trying to find a "disaster" responsable for every bitcoin price raise.
Common , people running from Japan meltdown and buying ...33k BTC,  4 millions usd ? AMAZING SUM! For the cleaning lady maybe.
Ps. cut 200 coins out of those 33k , I bought those ones.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Any brave souls to call the top for today and call the weekend dip bottom?
I'm thinking of switching from Bitstamp to Mt.Gox. It's kinda annoying that Bitstamp just doesn't seem to want to go up together with Mt.Gox. I feel there are a lot more trading opportunities on Gox. :/

I don't want to end up with fiat on mt.gox that takes me a month to get out. Besides, often enough bitstamps lagging has kept me from making hasty trades, forcing me to ride out an upswing. Think of it as enforced trading discipline  Wink

Besides, fees at bitstamp are about half of mt.gox, and the whole enterprise seems to be run way more professionally. There is a reason both fiat and bitcoin at mt.gox are going down (I think of the Dwolla issue more as a catalyst to get that shift moving).
legendary
Activity: 1246

Or use both? Bitstamp for cheap coins and MtGox for trading opportunities. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 84
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
mt.gox:
800BTC bid wall at 130.5, we were almost back to 132. I think it's gathering steam once more.

bitstamp:
still lagging behind short of 128
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
Looks like my dreams of early retirement may materialize this year!
legendary
Antifragile
All of a sudden I'm checking that blue line. Nah, we couldn't could we?

I'm still cautious, if we close above $130 today I shall do some sort of merry, little dance.

Further thoughts in a thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/manbearpigs-annotated-updated-btcusd-chart-for-2013-may-24th-215267 in Speculation.

Thanks for the reminder, the chart and the laugh!  Wink
Activity: 84
My suspicion is disprovable. We shall find out within a few days.

Now would be a good time to move coins among exchanges given the recent parity...
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
legendary
Antifragile

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Can you believe Mtgox still didn't fix their shit?
How is that even possible?

Can't really blame them. I heard they've been working night and day on regulatory compliance. /snark
Jump to: