Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33227. (Read 26464098 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
As soon as there's a slight drop on Gox, Bitstamp absolutely shits itself. But when there's a big rise then Bitstamp just doesnt care.

Huh

Cause a lot of ppl are worried about all of gox's assets  getting frozen and price increases there being panic buying to transfer off.

There's definitely tension in the air. Lots of panic selling as soon as there's even a slight downturn on Gox...

Not on Gox there isn't
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
As soon as there's a slight drop on Gox, Bitstamp absolutely shits itself. But when there's a big rise then Bitstamp just doesnt care.

Huh

I wouldn't call a $1-2 drop shitting themselves. MtGox dropped by $2 dollars as well so fast and twitchy fingers on Bitstamp will sell immediately to make a quick buck. Besides it takes more fiat to drive up the price on Bitstamp than it takes bitcoins to drive the price down. Bid side is pretty thin close to the market price.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Ok , let's hold the bulls a bit and be serious , with facts
NIKKEI is way higher than it was one month ago , even with the drop , ( not 12%) and currently is running green at +0.9%.

Let's not get into another Cyprus story

You think the NIKKEI can just drop >7% in one day and then recover the next day as if nothing has happened? Everyone has seen how much the stock market is built on hot air and how unstable it is, we have definitely not seen the last of this dip.

NIKKEI wall observer thread  Grin

edit: I agree with Miz4r. NIKKEI 225 is not bitcoin, niothor. 7% swings are not routine; in fact, they are quite alarming in the current market environment. Bitcoin behaves like a penny stock so it's OK to pass off huge swings by saying "Oh it's still higher than it was a month ago." The NIKKEI is what we call a "real world market" with "big boys" and "real companies" and "real exchanges that don't suck" Wink Not as simple as just ignoring a 7% dump like we can do with bitcoin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

Huh

Cause a lot of ppl are worried about all of gox's assets  getting frozen and price increases there being panic buying to transfer off.

There's definitely tension in the air. Lots of panic selling as soon as there's even a slight downturn on Gox...
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

Huh

Really ? What people ?
SZD
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Huh

Huh
Activity: 260

yup bid / ask sum is at an all time high
i wouldn't worry about both bid sum and ask sum moving down together,  this is the result of mtgox losing significant market share
BitStamps is a good alternative ( is it US based? )
but i want to see coinLab come out with its super doper trading platform they have been talking about, I won't hold my breath.

This is the 15 day chart.   Check out the all time chart.   Bid/ask sum was higher for a lot of April, but then price was a lot higher too.   Still is nice to see it rising further and further above the current price.

The chart is found at http://www.blockchained.com/
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
the bid / ask sum must look ridiculous right now.

can someone post a pic idk where to get that one.

Your desires are orders

yup bid / ask sum is at an all time high
i wouldn't worry about both bid sum and ask sum moving down together,  this is the result of mtgox losing significant market share
BitStamps is a good alternative ( is it US based? )
but i want to see coinLab come out with its super doper trading platform they have been talking about, I won't hold my breath.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Your desires are orders

AM = AsicMiner shares I think.

Oh...yes that would make sense.
legendary
AM = AsicMiner shares I think.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
seems like Gox is down to 50% of the market volume now
 Cool Cool
It's going up a bit too fast for my liking...

Also what is AM? I know LTC but AM?
legendary
Last 9 H4 candles have been green.

Pretty bullish.

I haven't seen that many green candles in a row on H4 since forever. Also 4 green candles in a row on D1.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
25k coins till 150?  Hmm , should we?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I'm happy with AM, but LTC honestly has been better to me, but not by much.

... and I guess you added CM to your portfolio recently. Wink

adamstgBit: blockchained.com

Last 9 H4 candles have been green.

Pretty bullish.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

Activity: 371
Looks like my dreams of early retirement may materialize this year!

when you hold AM, all dreams are filled Smiley

Especially if you bought at IPO price. What an amazing return. And I just declined to buy when I was offered at 0.3BTC per share...

I'm happy with AM, but LTC honestly has been better to me, but not by much.

I have seen cognitive under your sig. How is that one performing?
Jump to: