Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33236. (Read 26463979 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
bitstamp is really racing today: broken through 125$ (no real walls, but about 500BTC in orders). 670BTC left to 126!

The ask wall at 127.72$ simply got pulled again because nobody bought and price moved away. Completely senseless, why not just buy into the walls if you are placing it that close to them?  Huh

You mean bid wall right? Bid wall is on the buying side, ask wall is on the selling side. Wink

Yeah, sorry, typo. Meant bid wall of course.  Cheesy

bitstamp running along: now up to 126.2$!

Activity: 84
supernode
Its immposible when people remove their fiat from mtgox and change them to the bitcoins to price fall down but it will eventually Cheesy and i have a lot of popcorn Cheesy
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bulls logic when price is going UP: BUY now or you will miss your chance, its now or never.

Bulls logic when the price is FALLING: cheap coins, BUY BUY BUY.

Didn't you cash out? Oh you're waiting to buy back in? Ah cool.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Bulls logic when price is going UP: BUY now or you will miss your chance, its now or never.

Oh damn Jaroslaw has discovered our secret strategy! Shocked
Activity: 84
supernode

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hey Bears... *knock knock*

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
bitstamp is really racing today: broken through 125$ (no real walls, but about 500BTC in orders). 670BTC left to 126!

The ask wall at 127.72$ simply got pulled again because nobody bought and price moved away. Completely senseless, why not just buy into the walls if you are placing it that close to them?  Huh

You mean bid wall right? Bid wall is on the buying side, ask wall is on the selling side. Wink
Activity: 74
walls are falling everywhere  Shocked
BUY BUY BUY don't get caught in the traffic!

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Why is volume on gox so low though? Last week we still had 100k+ volume

People are moving off of Gox since the DHS thing, is my guess. So, volume is picking up elsewhere.
Yep.  See blockchained.com graphs above to confirm.  Although in the all-time scale it seems like a tiny blip.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
I'd like to see us stay above $127 or so, as that seems to be a support/resistance level from April 20-22. Would much rather be sitting on it that pushing at it.  Wink

Next resistance level I see is that $135 range from April 3, 4 and 27.

The ask wall at 127.72$ simply got pulled again because nobody bought and price moved away. Completely senseless, why not just buy into the walls if you are placing it that close to them?  Huh
legendary
Ask/Bids at Gox:

Strange pattern, but I guess people are leaving, but those who stay, see a higher price.

The ask sum line looks like a dead cat bounce lol.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Haha those Pacman pictures are brilliant.

For high frequency trading we would need faster exchanges, I think. Order execution and data propagation at Bitstamp takes more than 5 seconds.

Anyway. Highest high since 2nd march! Smiley

Ask/Bids at Gox:

Strange pattern, but I guess people are leaving, but those who stay, see a higher price.

2nd May surely?! Smiley

Oh sorry. Yeah of course. Smiley

And there goes 125. It's nice to see the difference between Gox and Bitstamp vanish.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

For high frequency trading we would need faster exchanges, I think. Order execution and data propagation at Bitstamp takes more than 5 seconds.

Anyway. Highest high since 2nd march! Smiley

Ask/Bids at Gox:

2nd May surely?! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Anyway. Highest high since 2nd march may! Smiley

Ask/Bids at Gox:

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

People are moving off of Gox since the DHS thing, is my guess. So, volume is picking up elsewhere.
wall report:
mt.gox: 129.0$ getting eaten fast (400BTC so far)
bitstamp: 330BTC bid wall at 124.72$ just appeared. No interest in touching it, just buys eating away at the ask walls.
legendary
Buy and hold does seem like the best strategy right now.. until we get into a new volatile phase again. Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
Some of the low volume has to be because although the price is climbing it isn't fluctuating much, this means that with Mt Gox's commission there's little to gain by daytrading at the moment.

Edit:  Daytrading is risky right now too because you could easily sell, then get left behind and have to buy back for more than you sold for.
Jump to: