Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33237. (Read 26463979 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Gotta love it...

Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Why is volume on gox so low though? Last week we still had 100k+ volume
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
bitstamp:
Sliding ask wall at 124.57$ broken through! (It started around 124.40$, ended at 124.57$, and varied in height but was up to 1000BTC tall, and if I count restockings, I'd guess between 1500BTC and 2000BTC overall.)

1200BTC to reach 126$, which means that the spread between bitstamp and mt.gox is growing again, bitcoins can't be bought up fast enough.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Has anyone else noticed that when there's memes or GIFs in this thread, that the their implied predictions more often than not tend to be dead wrong, or at least mildly wrong..?

I wonder if that's something to do with the emotional traders, who are not logical and robotic enough, that resort to unrelated past experiences to justify their beliefs. .

Alas, let's see what tomorrow holds!

I think they're just meant to be sarcastically ironic and funny, GIFs aren't that deep Smiley

Thank you. Someone needs a spliff... Wink

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
There was just an interesting ask wall of 130BTC at 122.75 on bitstamp. It did not last long...
But interesting because it gave me the chance to rebuy the coins I foolishly sold at 123.0 yesterday. Still a small loss after fees, but almost nothing.  Roll Eyes

I am all in again  Smiley
It was cool to eat that wall Smiley Actually it did last long for so good price - 1 minute.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bulls: We're hungry! NOMNOMNOM

legendary
Activity: 1246
It's Friday rally day again? Cheesy
Activity: 841
Murica says: "Goodmorning bitcoin!"
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
99€ is a nice figure.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Have you bought your bitcoin yet as the choo choo leaves the station?

Get it now... Tongue

(man, we used to post this pic when we had a 30% increase in one day, but....)
Activity: 453
I am seeing a very interesting technique being used on bitstamp right now:

Instead of placing a huge ask wall, someone is setting down ~40BTC orders spaced 0.01 apart. But only a few at once, and filling them up as they get eaten.
This means that the upward trend does not get broken, it just slows down to a crawl. And the person gets to sell all of his BTC at high prices, because the confidence of the buyers is unshaken.

Pretty slick operator, if you ask me...

You have to ask yourself why someone's so desperate to sell off a large amount of Bitcoin.

CoinBase and BitPay are the ETF's of the bitcoin world. Merchants throw them a lot of bitcoin and they need to hedge that risk and pay back out in USD.

That spike was no doubt instigated by the transfer of most of my coins into cold storage.

Bitcoin's way of saying to me, "Oh so you don't want to trade eh?"

That wall at $130 is being eroded.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Have you bought your bitcoin yet as the choo choo leaves the station?

Get it now... Tongue
You have to ask yourself why someone's so desperate to sell off a large amount of Bitcoin.
Looking at the buy pressure on both bitstamp and mt.gox - not enough for me to follow his lead, not even short term.

And yes, ask wall at 128.0$ on mt.gox just got eaten! (850BTC)
This account was recently hacked
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

Instead of placing a huge ask wall, someone is setting down ~40BTC orders spaced 0.01 apart. But only a few at once, and filling them up as they get eaten.
This means that the upward trend does not get broken, it just slows down to a crawl. And the person gets to sell all of his BTC at high prices, because the confidence of the buyers is unshaken.

If you could see the pattern with your bare eyes, it's hardly subtle. HFTs would eat this kind of obvious pattern for breakfast in real markets, the price would run constantly just out of reach of all but the highest bid, knowing they had a big fish on the line. Just my 0.02

I don't think the bots on our exchanges are that sophisticated yet...

But you are right, there are still obvious ways to improve on it: don't place as many orders in advance, and vary the spacing, timing and amount more, to make it look disconnected.

Still, it is working, and he is doing it at the right point of time, so he is slick enough.  Wink

Edit: here you can see him placing new sell orders:

Jump to: