Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33279. (Read 26463555 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I believe it's calm because everyone is playing wait and see... once people realise there is nothing really to see, and that the infrastructure is really truely being built now... the only way is up.

What could go wrong...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Had a good time at the conference, definitely met some cool people. This week could be interesting.

Loaded, are you getting any vibes about whether the Dwolla problem is scaring fiat off Mt Gox, or no real impact?

I have received over $250k in wires from Gox since the Dwolla account seizure with no issues. Hopefully they will obtain the proper licensing and have it all resolved soon.

Agreed!
Activity: 135
Merit: 113
whale eater
Had a good time at the conference, definitely met some cool people. This week could be interesting.

Loaded, are you getting any vibes about whether the Dwolla problem is scaring fiat off Mt Gox, or no real impact?

I have received over $250k in wires from Gox since the Dwolla account seizure with no issues. Hopefully they will obtain the proper licensing and have it all resolved soon.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

Activity: 135
Merit: 113
whale eater
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Any of y'all staying in San Jose tonight? If so, we should coordinate drinks- I'd love to hear everyone's post conference impressions..

I was not at the conference. How many VCs were there?
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
Any of y'all staying in San Jose tonight? If so, we should coordinate drinks- I'd love to hear everyone's post conference impressions..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

why would anyone dump after such a bountiful amount of positive news?

I don't think it's going to happen... not on bitstamp or gox... it would be ridiculously stupid.

Bitstamp those selling at 119+ will not sell lower because they bought their coins on gox around that price, and there is not any easy way to market sell a lot of coins on bitstamp anyway... price matching is pretty shite (not sure if I'm using the right terminology but I'm sure you get my point). On top of that, the bids are too thin to handle enough of a dump.

Gox... well, it's become apparent that wires work and their other accounts are fine, and that DHS is not going to run in with a swat team and a minivan to take gox servers away from Japan.

I believe it's calm because everyone is playing wait and see... once people realise there is nothing really to see, and that the infrastructure is really truely being built now... the only way is up. I will assume the only question is whether there is enough new money to push it up very high, or if it's likely to be more stable and cautious (while possibly leaving bistamp behind until those with the biggest amount of coins staying unsold probably end up moving back to gox after they resolve their paranoia).

My limited opinion, but honestly I don't see any reason for anyone to be too shaky right now at all.
Good opinion Smiley +1

+2

It's easy to deal with dumpers anyway -- just ignore them. And it looks to me that people have started doing just that. It's not the end of the fake panic / DDoS scares I'm sure... but regardless of how long they wait, the solution is still the same: ignore.

If they want to flush their already-cheap coins down the toilet, be my guest. Hope the door doesn't hit them on the way out.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

I don't think it's going to happen... not on bitstamp or gox... it would be ridiculously stupid.

Bitstamp those selling at 119+ will not sell lower because they bought their coins on gox around that price, and there is not any easy way to market sell a lot of coins on bitstamp anyway... price matching is pretty shite (not sure if I'm using the right terminology but I'm sure you get my point). On top of that, the bids are too thin to handle enough of a dump.

Gox... well, it's become apparent that wires work and their other accounts are fine, and that DHS is not going to run in with a swat team and a minivan to take gox servers away from Japan.

I believe it's calm because everyone is playing wait and see... once people realise there is nothing really to see, and that the infrastructure is really truely being built now... the only way is up. I will assume the only question is whether there is enough new money to push it up very high, or if it's likely to be more stable and cautious (while possibly leaving bistamp behind until those with the biggest amount of coins staying unsold probably end up moving back to gox after they resolve their paranoia).

My limited opinion, but honestly I don't see any reason for anyone to be too shaky right now at all.
Good opinion Smiley +1
legendary
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I don't know where the price is going in the short term but by year's end we will be higher than we are now.

Conference opened my eyes as to how much is actually going on around Bitcoin. Hearing Yifu speak today made me ultra bullish. ASIC mining ramp up is not far off.

I think most of us here have the intention to sell only if we believe we can buy back in the short term. Long term leaving fiat on any exchange or even Bitcoins is very risky.

I agree with you here, it's the short term future that I have grave concerns about.

investing in bitcoin in 2013 post bubble doesn't sound to bad.
everything will work out.
we will make damn sure of that  Wink

Grin

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I don't know where the price is going in the short term but by year's end we will be higher than we are now.

Conference opened my eyes as to how much is actually going on around Bitcoin. Hearing Yifu speak today made me ultra bullish. ASIC mining ramp up is not far off.

I think most of us here have the intention to sell only if we believe we can buy back in the short term. Long term leaving fiat on any exchange or even Bitcoins is very risky.

I agree with you here, it's the short term future that I have grave concerns about.

By its very implication it will be short term whatever it is.

Most of us now days are so impatient. Even I am guilty of this sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Mmm... I'm a bit worried about the possibility of a violent price drop which appears to be around the corner.

Mtgox' price is 10% inflated, presumably due to high demand of bitcoins for quicker withdraws. So I went and check the other markets, and saw this at bitstamp:

This is not looking very good. I'm not planing to sell the bulk of my bitcoins anytime soon nor am much into trading. Doesn't this feel like th calm before the storm? Is it only me?

It does feel like the calm before the storm.

These people will only wait so long before some of them start dumping, then who knows what follows.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
Jump to: