Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33283. (Read 26463500 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Google trends shows the real interest in Bitcoin.

It was mentioned every few days in the run up to $266 but it's not mentioned so much lately.

Here's why :

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
LTC is the only alt worth buying. Every single other one is a joke for any purposes beyond 0-day or total pump and dump manipulation.

Agree on that. I did well with LTC (up 10x) but it was just dumb luck and I only threw $500 into it. I sold out a while back and I think it's significantly overvalued now.
Activity: 252
Ok, maybe it was nothing.  Things have tightened a bit between Gox and Stamp but back to a $5 spread.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
will we see a down this Monday morning or will it go up?

what do the majority thinking?

i see that we have good support back to 115 and upp to 126$ its 8400 ,

how things have gone in the other modes at this situation after the weekend?

Edit: i thinking , transfer from banks arrives on monday and new money coming in to buy ?,,, if you have money on like mtgox you can always sell but you cant buy if you dont have som cash hanging around ??

or do i think wrong please help Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
My problem with ChartBuddy:
https://i.imgur.com/hOeS2oc.png
Absolutely illegible as soon as there's any movement at all

Next chart will be zero z rotation. We'll see if that helps.
We'll see. For another great example, try to figure out what happened with the bids @ $110 in ChartBuddy's latest post.

That's tricky as mtgox only supplies a subset of data and it looks like 110 was sometime in, sometimes out. I have no control over that. Obtaining the full market data is only allowed every 5 minutes.

Also, my Z scale is fixed. I chose that because, on bitcoinity, for example, the auto scaling means that increased bids and asks can look almost exactly the same as decreased bids and asks. One of my grumbles about financial types is that they tend to tight-zoom on any feature they're interested in making tiny bumps look as dramatic as huge swings. With that said, it may be time to tweak the depth scale a little.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
https://i.imgur.com/hOeS2oc.png

Next chart will be zero z rotation. We'll see if that helps.
We'll see. For another great example, try to figure out what happened with the bids @ $110 in ChartBuddy's latest post.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Next chart will be zero z rotation. We'll see if that helps. (I'm suspecting it will actually be worse since there is no perspective)
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
500  Shocked Shocked

amazing, seemed like a few days since this thread started...
Activity: 316
500  Shocked Shocked

amazing, seemed like a few days since this thread started...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

That's a fair point.  It shows a better view of asks than bids.  I'm not sure how to solve this.  A color gradation on a 2d plane may work okay, although a grey scale would work better for people with color vision problems.
Activity: 252
Somebody just dumped +BTC3k
So that's all that's needed to manipulate the market in most cases. .

Let's see if the market will go along with it. .

I love how selling or buying a large amount of coins is automatically manipulation. Maybe someone just wanted to buy a house, or 720 hookers.

Quote from: Coinseeker
Something is not right here.   Love the action but...Huh

Lol. Must be... MANIPULATION!!!
Gotta love these tin foil hat types. Grin

I didn't say it was manipulation, I said something isn't right.  We also no longer have a 5-8 point spread with Bitstamp, just like that.  It's down to 3 and holding, where it typically is.  That's very odd...tin foil or not.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
LTC is the only alt worth buying. Every single other one is a joke for any purposes beyond 0-day or total pump and dump manipulation.

plus over 9000!

Well, I know this sounds blasphemous but speculatively speaking, XRPs are doing wonders for me. Apart from the fact that I love the protocol, I can't give a rat's ass that XRPs are premined and are going to make OpenCoin filthy rich. I'd love to see more exchanges on Ripple so I could trade directly the BTC/USD pair on their shared orderbook. But meanwhile my XRPs I bought for playing with Ripple are worth double the BTCs I initially paid for them.
Activity: 112
So, what you're telling is, if someone is trying to manipulate the price up, it should go back down quickly?  Cheesy

If that's where the market/trend wants it to go. . In this case, with bitcoin, it likely wants to go up, but lacks the volume because of the weekends.

Often after a huge sell or buy, the market doesn't fully recover right away, but consolidates to a breakout point.
Activity: 434
So, what you're telling is, if someone is trying to manipulate the price up, it should go back down quickly?  Cheesy
Activity: 112
Just to explain, manipulation of the market is when a person or a private groups goal or actions affect the market in any way, usually in such volumes that the market cannot immediately counteract.

It's not paranoia or false accusation. Often if someone is trying to manipulate a market in a way that it doesn't want to go, it recovers very quickly.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423

legendary
Merit: 1002
I don't like the idea of bots posting like this, it is just spam. The charts themselves are 99% unintelligible in my opinion.

Ban it I say, if the owner has something worth sharing, he can share it himself

I don't understand it.  Kill it!

Roll Eyes

It only posts in this one thread.  If you don't like it you can ignore it.  Maybe if you learned to read it you might find it useful as well.
Activity: 84
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Somebody just dumped +BTC3k

So that's all that's needed to manipulate the market in most cases. .

Let's see if the market will go along with it. .

Manipulation!

Manipulation everywhere!

I love how selling or buying a large amount of coins is automatically manipulation. Maybe someone just wanted to buy a house, or 720 hookers.
Buy hookers?  I thought the whole idea was to rent them!  If you buy them then they're called wives or girlfriends

the term is concubines.

I'd hate to know how badly 720 hookers, wives, girlfriends or concubines could nag you if they all started up at once.

King Solomon had 2000 wives and concubines. They say he was the wisest man ever to walk this earth. Anyway, my trick is to get an office on the top floor, and make sure you have guards on the stairs.
Manipulation everywhere!

no bitcoin is as free market as it gets

and ya you can buy it up Up UP!!

thats the name of the game

I need to work on my stash

I need more S.Dice and ASIC minner

I think investing in bitcoin companies is a MUCH better hedge than buying alt crypto.

1) you help the bitcoin ecosystem by providing capital to smart people doing good things for bitcoin
2) Dividends!
3) If bitcoin goes down a lot,you can cash out more BTC
3) its very likely that the share price will drop as bitcoin makes new highs,  BUT you can buy cheap coins and invest right away,  that way its like you paid $_$ for a good investment, even if the share price goes down because your other investment went up alot (BITCOIN) your account will undoubtedly be +5-50% in $ terms,
5) you get to buy bitcoin and then buy stock of your choice

2 factor authentication & Trading API!

SICM+HIM+KCIM+SDICE+VTX = 16836BTC ~2,020,320$

people trust havelock investments with their bitcoin because lightbox has been a valued member of the bitcoin community, who runs other businesses in the bitcoin space.

S.dice

their decision to block US IP was 100% correct, as a shareholder I'm glad they did that, the dividents may go down a bit, but s.dice will live to roll the dice another day and thats what matters

VirtEx Canadian Bitcoin Exchange (VTX)

I hope a good buying opportunity presents itself on this on, VTX does not pay dividends, but your buying a pieces of what must be the #1 exchange in the world, ( i took 7 mins to do a deposit, or 1.249days if you do it with the convenience of online banking pay bill, and withdraw takes a  few hours really  Cheesy!

their isn't That much volume, but VirtEx obviously making money and will continue to grow exponentially as they roll out their merchant api and bitcoin shorting! the trading GUI will get better too, soon we will be able to place trigger orders.

VirtEx is serious business that has all this legal paper work squared away.

ASICM

This stock is HOT! its definitely not going down  Grin

having some mining dividends is a must for all well balanced bitcoin portfolio.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
I just wish for a few weeks with a maximum 5$ change in price (up or down I don't care).

Am I dreaming?
Jump to: