Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33281. (Read 26463555 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
You know  the problem?  That the number of actual bitcoins transactions is going down, volume is doing the same and the number of users paying/buying in bitcoins is becoming quickly the same as oct-dec 2012.

These show an uptrend. If they were a price chart you would call the maintrend very bullish

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?showDataPoints=false×pan=&show_header=true&daysAverageString=7&scale=0&address=

https://blockchain.info/charts/my-wallet-n-users
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Please don't start the hoarding discussion again. That discussion is moot, use the search function please. (Oh and if you are a Keynesian all hope's lost for you anyway Wink)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
yes better view  Smiley

+tip 420uBTC
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
It should not be about hoarding.

That's my point also , but I bet 99% think (and do) otherwise.

Early one people seem to be doing two things:
1 - Have a BTC savings account (e.g. paper wallet, etc.)
2 - Have a spending account (e.g. - client, e-wallet, android apps, etc.)

At this point in time it seems the users are also trying to spend their BTC's with #2 but they are also holding (hoarding?) for the future. But I don't see that as a long term problem. As the price goes up people will start selling. That has already begin. It is a sort of distribution system. We don't want "wall street" buying things up at these low levels.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Comprehend this Cheesy

It clearly shows that time, space and bitcoins are relative.
in defi we trust
It should not be about hoarding.

That's my point also , but I bet 99% think (and do) otherwise.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
In Gord We Trust
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

$120 isn't cheap? 11 million shares and a global economy that we are only hoping to get a small fraction of a percentage of ? $120 is VERY cheap when you factor in the market, incoming VC money, low float, affect on currency/monetary policy, etc. We are talking about a revolutionary game changing technology. Can you come up with something better?  Wink

You know  the problem?  That the number of actual bitcoins transactions is going down, volume is doing the same and the number of users paying/buying in bitcoins is becoming quickly the same as oct-dec 2012.

The way I see things we're gonna end with a highly valuable bitcoin that nobody uses but it is worth millions because of the things it CAN do.

I wonder if perpetual bulls find Pascal's Wager convincing... 
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

$120 isn't cheap? 11 million shares and a global economy that we are only hoping to get a small fraction of a percentage of ? $120 is VERY cheap when you factor in the market, incoming VC money, low float, affect on currency/monetary policy, etc. We are talking about a revolutionary game changing technology. Can you come up with something better?  Wink

The way I see things we're gonna end with a highly valuable bitcoin that nobody uses but it is worth millions because of the things it CAN do.

A currency not used is essentially a useless currency - at least when one considers what BTC is about.

Anyway, with the (current) 100,000,000 bits per BTC, it doesn't require many to be in circulation for it to be effective. We have near infinite divisibility (can increase) of each of the 11 million BTC units (not infinitely printable like current central banks and Quantitative easing - yuck! Think about that... Use it or lose it I would say though. It should not be about hoarding. We are early on in the movement though so things will change here as we go forward. Further the mentality of the average BTC user is not about power and fame. This is a morally found movement about change. Don't cheapen the argument here.

We are taking part in the largest social experiment in our history. And you know the answer? eheeh, come on...    We are all sitting in the front row and watching with our eyes wide open...  Wink
in defi we trust

Activity: 840
I don't think you can extrapolate any rise or fall in price from Google Trends. When someone hears about something for the first time, of course their first instinct will be to scour the internet for information, after that you don't go around searching it daily.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Actually, the google trends is a good indicator. As of now, we are still above the searches per day we did when we first reached 100$ (1th of April), and the price is stable above 100$.
That, IMO, is a healthy indicator.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Google trends shows the real interest in Bitcoin.

It was mentioned every few days in the run up to $266 but it's not mentioned so much lately.

Here's why :

it was also mentioned.. that google trends folows the price .. not the other way around

I agree entirely which kind of proves my point.

After the $266 peak in the google trends chart it just went down, there was no additional interest following the crash when the price bounced from $50 to about $166 and then continued downwards again.

If google trends follows the price it should have shown increased interest after the $266 peak but it didn't, not one bit.

That's because the recent price rises are purely speculative and will run out of steam.

Seriously? We are still doing this silly Google Trends thing?

Alright, if that's how we play it:

Quick, sell every last Euro you own!!!

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
will we see a down this Monday morning or will it go up?

what do the majority thinking?

i see that we have good support back to 115 and upp to 126$ its 8400 ,

how things have gone in the other modes at this situation after the weekend?

Edit: i thinking , transfer from banks arrives on monday and new money coming in to buy ?,,, if you have money on like mtgox you can always sell but you cant buy if you dont have som cash hanging around ??

or do i think wrong please help Smiley

Mediocre rise, possibly masked by noise?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Jump to: