Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33297. (Read 26463421 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
If the low weekend volume that we have come to expect is not affected by the bitcoin conference, then the support wall at $122 and the resistance at $125 may hold until volume picks up late Sunday.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
Has anybody else noticed the ultra short term inverse relationship between mtgox <-> btce?

When gox goes up btce goes down and verse visa.

I'm not sure exactly why, but it might be because they are more difficult to fund.

They do have a lot of alt crypto-currencies, which can take away from what would normally be put into BTC.

There's also the investors mentality, some exchanges have more bears than others.

Perhaps there is something to do with the limited supply and demand as well.

Eh its not really fair to look at very short term relationships between Gox/BTCe, considering the volume is ~2 decades less. Also, don't underestimate the trollbox. I've seen prices pushed around +/-2 USD from textpanic in there. In general, they follow each other proportionally. Also, yes, it is fun to play a bit of time-arbitrage with LTC.

I have not seen, however, a separation of 10 USD/BTC Gox/BTCe in quite a while.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Both walls appear to me to be lacking, yet the buy wall has many more orders, if that means much. So it looks like it will consolidate for a little while.

Anyone know of a good way to see if the market is over bought or sold?
Has anybody else noticed the ultra short term inverse relationship between mtgox <-> btce?

I'm not sure exactly why, but it might be because they are more difficult to fund.

They do have a lot of alt crypto-currencies, which can take away from what would normally be put into BTC.

There's also the investors mentality, some exchanges have more bears than others.

Perhaps there is something to do with the limited supply and demand as well.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Activity: 280
Looks to me like a triangle forming with $124 as the close.

Time of convergence?

Looks like about 2-3 hours to me, but it could always break out sooner. I'm just observing what's happening, not really making predictions.
It would be hilarious to see the price take off, right after what appears to be the near end for bitcoin.  Grin

At least according to the misleading news articles going around.
Activity: 387
EFF accepting BTC is pretty major. Even though they're careful to distance themselves from endorsing or supporting the currency, this is definitely the first stage to having them as a defender in the case of a legislative assault on Bitcoin.
Kashmir Hill, the journalist that lived off of bitcoin for a week, is friends with several people at EFF.  Marcia Hoffman is "senior staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation"

https://twitter.com/kashhill/status/329674086550736897
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Time of convergence?
Activity: 280

Activity: 252
Regulation is the best thing that can happen to Bitcoin.  It will instantly legitimize it and mass adoption would spread like a wildfire.  Let's hope that dosen't happen before we touch double digits again or else I'm going to have to eat crow on my "guarantee".   Undecided
I'm putting my neck on the line here: bottom of $118 top of $144 by the end of the weekend :p

I'm not really a predictor bear in mind, more of a summariser of what's gone before.

fair calls for low/high, but what about closing price at the end of the weekend?   Grin

I think the price will stay high because of the event this weekend.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/05/eff-will-accept-bitcoins-support-digital-liberty
Our research and FinCEN’s guidance removed a key risk to EFF. Both our internal research and the recent report by FinCEN2 have confirmed that, as a user of Bitcoin or any virtual currency, EFF itself is likely not subject to regulation. While some have raised concerns about the FinCEN ruling, and noted that it’s not binding, it did confirm our own analysis of risk to us as a user and reduced our concerns that by accepting Bitcoins EFF risked moving away from its role as a defender of innovators and into the role as a possible defendant.

This is extremely good on many levels. The foundations concerns had been a thorn in Bitcoins back. People tend to listen to what they think. Thanks EFF for reconsideration and thank to fincen for guidance.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
There's nothing like a decent bit of well-considered speculation argued in an eloquent way.

I guess you're fresh in from the Trollbox?
Activity: 70
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon
I'm putting my neck on the line here: bottom of $118 top of $144 by the end of the weekend :p

I'm not really a predictor bear in mind, more of a summariser of what's gone before.

ballz!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
I can imagine that quite a few who bought in around $112 will have their fingers hovering over the trigger right about now. Lets hope most have steady hands.

I don't know how many people are in it for the short score. I think most buyers are looking long term.

I agree, I think many went long the moment it crossed $120. And more followed when it broke through $125 easily soon after (although we haven't managed to stabilize above it yet). Many see this as a significant trend reversal since the crash from $266 (no more lower highs), the downward trend has been broken and thus we get a positive feedbackloop that reinforces the new trend upwards. Smiley
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I can imagine that quite a few who bought in around $112 will have their fingers hovering over the trigger right about now. Lets hope most have steady hands.

I don't know how many people are in it for the short score. I think most buyers are looking long term.

I'm back in, and I'm not planning on selling any time soon not unless we get massively oversold.

Isn't that where you would be better off buying?

must be a typo
Jump to: