Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33318. (Read 26463225 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Correct me, if I'm wrong, because I'm not really sure about the money supply definitions, but here are some numbers about that 300k prediction.

The current M1 money supply of USD, which, as far as I understood, is all the money which is not money out of thin air, is around 2.500 billion USD. We have around 11 million BTC. Our goal 300.000 USD/BTC would result in a market capitalization of 3.300 billion USD.

... ... Cheesy

Who is just talking about America?  Wink

Interesting thing I just heard. The actual inflation rate is more like 9.5% (taken from this economist - http://www.theaureport.com/pub/htdocs/expert.html?id=2000
So, just like the unemployment rate (which if we used 1980 stats would be closer to 23.5%) the inflation rate is really distorted.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Correct me, if I'm wrong, because I'm not really sure about the money supply definitions, but here are some numbers about that 300k prediction.

The current M1 money supply of USD, which, as far as I understood, is all the money which is not money out of thin air, is around 2.500 billion USD. We have around 11 million BTC. Our goal 300.000 USD/BTC would result in a market capitalization of 3.300 billion USD.

... ... Cheesy

But... but.... bitcoin are being bought with money that was created out of thin air, not with M1 money supply
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked

... ... Cheesy

Don't forget that there's a lot more money on this planet than just US dollars alone
legendary
Merit: 1002
It's pure Gox-comedy that this was ever possible in the first place  Cheesy ...
 "Until now you could just pretend you had money or coins and place orders ..."

Bitstamp (rightly) won't let you do this. I'd be surprised if there are many exchanges on which this was ever possible. OK ... you can list something on Ebay that you don't have, but that's a bit different ...

The unfunded orders wouldn't show up in the public order book.  Just on your account with an insufficient funds error.  It was nice because if you only had one currency you could place a bid and an ask.  When the funded order filled your other order would activate.  Easy enough to script and not worth the performance hit though, so I support the move.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

... ... Cheesy
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 841
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x
I also switched positions and went all-in, a few hours back. I laid out my thinking behind it in this thread, if anyone is interested:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-valuation-181037

Once I found a theory in which all the pieces fit, I felt I had no choice but to shift to all-in being my default position.

I'm thinking things are about to get reaaaaal fun  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
This probably isn't the place for an in depth philosophical discussion, so I'll just say that I don't at all believe those are the only two possibilities. Party on.  Smiley
Actually I did forget about the time element of his $300k prediction,. Neither of those possibilities has to happen this year, but eventually one of them will.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Bitstamp! Don't tell me your down now...

y u do this

edit: well that was quick. Man, are we really going to rally now?

Yes we are, fasten your seatbelts please. Tongue

I've been bearish for a while now but you know what? Why the fuck not, I already bought back in.

To the moon!

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I'm all in already... and mining!  Cool
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

y u do this

yes, bitstamp currently unavailable ... Shocked

now, ok for me, too Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246

y u do this

Yes we are, fasten your seatbelts please. Tongue
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Warning!
Bitcoin recently made mainstream news across the globe, with this news comes a record amount of capital getting ready to be allocated in the bitcoin space. But at the same time bitcoin has had a rough couple of weeks, DDOS, hacks, government seizures, the works!, this has temporally scared the newcomers and their massives amounts of capital.   Once the news spreads of bitcoins epic triumphs over insurmountable odds, Mass panic buying will once again take the market by storm

We are sitting on a ticking time bomb! The market may blow the fuck up at any moment.

proceed to the nearest exchange and go crazy

This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill!

TIME IS NOW

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Don't forget about bears between us

Activity: 798

y u do this

Up 4 me
Activity: 798
It's pure Gox-comedy that this was ever possible in the first place  Cheesy ...
 "Until now you could just pretend you had money or coins and place orders ..."

Bitstamp (rightly) won't let you do this. I'd be surprised if there are many exchanges on which this was ever possible. OK ... you can list something on Ebay that you don't have, but that's a bit different ...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

y u do this

Jump to: