Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33317. (Read 26463272 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
The general bitcoiner sentiment over the last weeks reminds me bipolar disorder.

100%
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
The general bitcoiner sentiment over the last weeks reminds me bipolar disorder.
Activity: 252
There's a correction coming.  Doubt we'll break through 120.

Coinseeker
Serving factless FUD-burgers since April 28, 2013!

We'll see shortly won't we.   Wink 
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

the question is whether it's worth buying more on bitstamp with such massive ask walls...
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x
Real question is when we test 125, which failed 3 times when the market was more bullish 1.5-2 weeks ago, will we break through?

The lack-of-crash from the Gox fiasco, alongside Peter Thiel, WebMoney, and the Bitcoin Conference lead me to think the answer is yes.
Activity: 728
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
resistance becomes support, 1K+ bid wall @ 118   Grin

Gotta love Bulls. The kind of guys you wanna hang out and drink with. Bears however...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Real question is when we test 125, which failed 3 times when the market was more bullish 1.5-2 weeks ago, will we break through?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
resistance becomes support, 1K+ bid wall @ 118   Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

All I can think of is how FullTilt, as they were having their accounts seized, kept on stating "don't worry your money is safe". No comments from mtgox on how much was seized is worrisome to say the least. I hope that they have the funds and or the backing to make all cash deposits whole. Do we know if mtgox has the funds in segregated accounts in a jurisdiction of which the US government cant touch?

When the DOJ seized FTP and Stars it happened suddenly, all at once. That's why the event is called "Black Friday". There wasn't any telegraph in advance. Once the DOJ unsealed their case and obtained their warrants for seizure they simply collected everything of FTP's and left the building.

The fact that DHS only went after Gox's Dwolla account is very good in regards to there not being a total catastrophe.
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
2408 @ 118, bye bye wall.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
you see that!

buy now or forever hold worthless mtgox fiat coupons

All I can think of is how FullTilt, as they were having their accounts seized, kept on stating "don't worry your money is safe". No comments from mtgox on how much was seized is worrisome to say the least. I hope that they have the funds and or the backing to make all cash deposits whole. Do we know if mtgox has the funds in segregated accounts in a jurisdiction of which the US government cant touch?
LOL, ya, bitcoin
put that in your pipe and smoke it!
There's a correction coming.  Doubt we'll break through 120.
Activity: 728
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 841
1.36M sitting on 120, i believe it was over 2M some hours ago.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
you see that!

Activity: 798
price difference between Gox and other exchanges is still higher than usual.

No doubt there are excellent news today and further rises are to be expected due to the conference in the next 3 days.
But also I think the Gox price rise is driven by people clearing their fiat on Gox by buying BTCs and withdrawing them the f# out.

Thoughts?

Agree with the reasons for price differential. Remains to be seen how quickly the other exchanges can expand to cope with the increased volumes if business is truly moving away from Gox
Short term, IMO up more likely than down on Gox for the reasons you state. The 'real' price is probably the mid point between Gox and the rest and perhaps this is the best guage of sentiment.
As of now stable ... the differential is not so large as to imply any sort of panic.

EDIT : Some risk that this is artificially inflating the price in the short term
Well, fair is fair.  CNN.com did not throw Bitcoin under the bus.  Seems even aside from the attention grabbing headline, the piece is rather positive. 

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/16/technology/bitcoin-mt-gox/index.html?iid=HP_LN
Activity: 420
It's pure Gox-comedy that this was ever possible in the first place  Cheesy ...
 "Until now you could just pretend you had money or coins and place orders ..."

Bitstamp (rightly) won't let you do this. I'd be surprised if there are many exchanges on which this was ever possible. OK ... you can list something on Ebay that you don't have, but that's a bit different ...

Amazingly my E-Trade account doesn't offer that feature either. ;-)
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

you see that!

Jump to: