Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33366. (Read 26462764 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Looks to be stabilizing.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
The train is leaving guys. Next stop: Zerooooooo!

LMAO... this is a proudhon wannabe! :
Activity: 303
CampBX

In the interest of competition, I can't endorse CampBX any longer. Even at their super low trade volumes, they have issues with lag and page loads.

I personally recommend BTC-e for the moment. Decent liquidity for us small fish (100 BTC accounts and under), and zero issue with lag.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
At least it's not boring any more!

+1 for sure man, good to see some movement in any direction.

I almost took up pottery.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
A more distributed exchange system would definitely help in the long run and contribute signifigantly to the stability of bitcoin..
however now i think a fair share of mtgoxs volume will get distributed to other exchanges even though they are shit..
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Isn't the one minute bar chart kind of starting to look like a miniature scale of the one day bar chart? Probably seeing things. . it no longer looks much like it, for it is even more bullish.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Heh, one little bit of bad news amongst all the good news lately and the bears jump on it like sharks. This is just too funny to watch. Grin
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
At least it's not boring any more!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
some bears are going to get burned ...severley  

The odd thing is, if you think MtGox is about to get owned by the US Govt, you need to BUY bitcoins and move them off the exchange.

This was my thought too.  This also leads to the theory that it's really just a couple guys trying to manipulate and buy back more coinage then they started with.

well lets wait how this ones playing out... I am holding this one for now

MtGox is a cancer on the Bitcoin ecosystem, it would be great long term news if people left there in droves. Like I said, buy bitcoins, move them off the site if you're actually scared. The last thing I'd go is have them wire me money, DHS could have told every bank in the US to freeze any incoming wires from them.

This all still seems a little iffy. I'm surprised Dwolla would mention lawsuits no one can find record of, and MtGox would have no idea (they still list Dwolla as a withdrawal method). Seems like poor taste by Dwolla (who's CEO has blogged his support of Bitcoin) to say it's now "illegal to deal with MtGox". A lawsuit doesn't make it illegal, the DHS orders if they exist also sound questionable. If it's not a hoax it's a poorly worded notification from Dwolla.

Regardless if MtGox worries you, move *coins* off the exchange, not fiat.

This is a dramatic development to say the least. My first thought is that it is due to the Coinbase lawsuit against GOX. Is this a move by the DOJ due to the court case, or is this a move by Homeland Security in relation to a money laundering investigation? Wow. I hope its due to the lawsuit. I am very glad I trade with CampBX. This could actually be great news if it is due to the lawsuit, as MT Gox having a monopoly over the bitcoin market is detrimental to bitcoins core philosophy of decentralization.

If you haven't yet, US residents should consider opening a CampBX account and transfer out of MT Gox. If you wish you can use my referral link to get a 10% lifetime discount of trading fees (disclosure: I get a 10% discount as well): https://CampBX.com/register.php?r=X8IT0iRWMOA
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
MtGox is the only exchange that at least halfway got its shit together to not lose any funds and not get shut down. There has been no better alternative, and most certainly not for anyone trading more than pocket change. MtGox's success made Bitcoin's possible, deal with it.

Read this and learn: http://fc13.ifca.ai/proc/1-2.pdf

The reason the FREE MARKET is still predominantly using MtGox is that MtGox is the least shit of them all.

So? Least shit but it's still shit.  As I said before, I'd rather see it go 100% under and a chance for either a better one to arise or have the system more distributed. 
Activity: 434
MtGox is the only exchange that at least halfway got its shit together to not lose any funds and not get shut down. There has been no better alternative, and most certainly not for anyone trading more than pocket change. MtGox's success made Bitcoin's possible, deal with it.

The reason the FREE MARKET is still predominantly using MtGox is that MtGox is the least shit of them all.

Yes! Thank you!
Activity: 252
The bears lost this war, you'll never see a $100 price again! This is the beginning of the momentum, people are already realizing that now is the the time to buy or miss their chance.

Keep telling yourself that.

Classic post!   Grin
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Activity: 434
The bears lost this war, you'll never see a $100 price again! This is the beginning of the momentum, people are already realizing that now is the the time to buy or miss their chance.

Keep telling yourself that.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I requested Dwolla via email to confirm. - They did. [/tinfoilhat]

MtGox is a cancer on the Bitcoin ecosystem, it would be great long term news if people left there in droves. Like I said, buy bitcoins, move them off the site if you're actually scared. The last thing I'd go is have them wire me money, DHS could have told every bank in the US to freeze any incoming wires from them.

I'm not sure if this is long term bullish as this could affect the level of trust of Bitcoin ("that banned crypto currency for drugs") itself.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It's bullish and bearish all at the same time!

No it's not.

It's 2011 all over again, with all kind of bad news coming out of the woodwork
precisely when everyone thought the worse was behind us.

It's bullish and bearish all at the same time!

No it's not.

It's 2011 all over again, with all kind of bad news coming out of the woodwork
precisely when everyone thought the worse was behind us.

And just like 2011 90% of the bad news is solely the fault of Gox Cheesy
Good news (trust me, it is) + One guy dumping = PANIC!

Not sure how this is good news  Huh

It is one more reason to compel people to move away from Gox.  The less Gox is used and the more distributed the BTC exchanges the better for everyone.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
Campbx Depth Chart is very interesting right now: https://i.imgur.com/sZnOp82.png
Jump to: