Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33373. (Read 26462710 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
120-125 is looking steep.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

any comments on the extremely thin bids on bitstamp?

I moved some coins there to sell to get some fiat out, as gox sounds like a long wait and expensive to get money back to UK.

Now I'm watching, waiting and pondering whether to use to buy more... but bitstamp looks a lot less solid than gox. Is that because a lot of Europeans are doing what I did?

Bitstamp usually follows every tiny move, but sometimes with a price offset, but you can't say it's always lower or higher than Gox. But it gets interessting to look at walls. Bitstamps ask side is so much stronger which lead me to the conclusion, that people trading on Gox are using Bitstamp for faster cashouts. And the price oscillation (i.e. the range 115-120 right now) is a bit higher. Overall my experience is good and I like the lower fees + SEPA times + support (which is fast, but I didn't have any real problems yet).

yep my thoughts exactly.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

I moved some coins there to sell to get some fiat out, as gox sounds like a long wait and expensive to get money back to UK.

Now I'm watching, waiting and pondering whether to use to buy more... but bitstamp looks a lot less solid than gox. Is that because a lot of Europeans are doing what I did?

Bitstamp usually follows every tiny move, but sometimes with a price offset, but you can't say it's always lower or higher than Gox. But it gets interessting to look at walls. Bitstamps ask side is so much stronger which lead me to the conclusion, that people trading on Gox are using Bitstamp for faster cashouts. And the price oscillation (i.e. the range 115-120 right now) is a bit higher. Overall my experience is good and I like the lower fees + SEPA times + support (which is fast, but I didn't have any real problems yet).
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It should be about time to start chewing that BTC4k ask wall at $120

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Even if Bitstamp looks worse than Gox, it will more than likely follow whatever direction Gox goes. Haven't seen it more than $5 apart in the past few weeks.

Correct, the exchanges don't drift too far from Gox. If they do, people buy/sell because of the perceived value based on that difference. The main issue with the other exchanges is liquidity.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

Even if Bitstamp looks worse than Gox, it will more than likely follow whatever direction Gox goes. Haven't seen it more than $5 apart in the past few weeks.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I have no idea what to do so I just bought in at 50/50. If it goes up, then great. If it goes down then great too I guess...

seems like we share the same strategy at the moment, i am quite unsure what to do. On the other day if you look on the charts for the last 3 - 7 days it seems quite obvious but there is something in the air.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
X-Post:

It seems like everyone is talking about Bitcoin these days. Driven by increased press coverage and a major jump in the value of the digital currency, more and more people are beginning to take it seriously and think about what kinds of businesses can be built around it. With that in mind, New York City-based Liberty City Ventures is announcing its Digital Currency Fund, a $15 million commitment to Bitcoin and other digital currency startups.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/14/liberty-city-ventures-digital-currency-fund/
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Here we stand, at $119, just like we stood at 3.2, 5, 13, 19, 31, 49, 78, 94...

I honestly LOL-ed at this. Thanks.

And at 3.2, 5, 13, 19, 31, 49, 78 and 94 were not directly after a 260->50 devaluation, so you probably can't compare to todays situation.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
I have no idea what to do so I just bought in at 50/50. If it goes up, then great. If it goes down then great too I guess...

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
legendary
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Come on bulls, lets tear down this motherf´n 120 Wall. Only 4K and then sky is the limit.  Grin Cant be that hard.

I suspect it's going to take a lot more than 4K to get there.

Todays volume is currently 15,110 if we get to $120 it would be interesting to see what the volume is at that point.

The big wall is on $125

You are probably right but for now - one step at a time. If we keep this slow growth all will be fine, at least with me.

Cheers
What does "Responsibility to the responsible" mean?

Probably better if you google it, as this is probably not the place to discuss this. But if you are really interested shoot me a PM.

Cheers

This is probably THE place to discuss the devil. At least any conversation involving Fiat. Tongue

"Responsibility to the Responsible" - everyone must experience the consequences of his own actions—for good or ill.

Haha yeah, so to make this satanic statement a little bit more clear for the average xian - For example if your laptop gets stolen from lets say a sauna (to make sure this is not playing on real live occurrences) because of your own stupidity. This statement would mean that you have to face the consequences of your own actions instead of cryin and bitching on a public forum. But i know its not that easy to get the idea Wink
legendary
Come on bulls, lets tear down this motherf´n 120 Wall. Only 4K and then sky is the limit.  Grin Cant be that hard.

I suspect it's going to take a lot more than 4K to get there.

Todays volume is currently 15,110 if we get to $120 it would be interesting to see what the volume is at that point.

The big wall is on $125

You are probably right but for now - one step at a time. If we keep this slow growth all will be fine, at least with me.

Cheers
What does "Responsibility to the responsible" mean?

Probably better if you google it, as this is probably not the place to discuss this. But if you are really interested shoot me a PM.

Cheers

This is probably THE place to discuss the devil. At least any conversation involving Fiat. Tongue

"Responsibility to the Responsible" - everyone must experience the consequences of his own actions—for good or ill.
Jump to: