Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33371. (Read 26462745 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

All time historical trading data is available from Gox directly. I also found this useful thread for depth data from december 2011 till june 2012. Compression/zipping does wonders. Maybe you could generate chucks of data, i.e. jan2013, feb2013 etc. I'd be very thankful, if you try to conserve your mined data in any way. There will be some day in the future, where I'll come back at you. Smiley

I'm gzipping everything. Mostly it's just time to add more space.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
http://gigaom.com/2013/05/14/google-ventures-invests-in-opencoin-the-firm-behind-bitcoin-exchange-ripple/

Is this a good news or bad news to Bitcoin?
Google Ventures has decided to invest in Ripple.
It is a good news because Ripple facilitates conversion between bitcoins and traditional currencies, which should aid mass adoption of Bitcoins.
Bad news because many people believe Ripple is Bitcoin 2.0 and threatens the existence of Bitcoin.
I agree, any Ripple adoption will threaten Bitcoin because the Ripple currency is the only one without counterparty risk within the Ripple system. All other currencies have to be held with gateways. Furthermore, Ripples are required for opening accounts and performing transactions. In the longer term, there is absolutely no reason to prefer Bitcoins to Ripples if used within Ripple.

Shocked by this news. At least it is not even 200k USD invested by them, so it appears to be nothing really.

comes courtesy of Google Ventures (who we hear put in less than $200,000)
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I'd really love to see that. Please do an announcement in this thread, if you start publishing somewhere else. Anyway, what's your data source? I assume you keep ChartBuddy's information.

I am currently archiving it but my /home is running out of space quickly so I need to work something out. Unfortunately, Gox returns a lot of data, most of which I don't use. I'm thinking of finding a way to strip that out (this would also speed up the generation of the chart since JSON-> Perl hash is fairly slow.

Though even with that, I don't actually retain enough data. Simply having the bids and asks isn't enough, I need the actual trades also. I think I'd best work out how to do socket.io for that though.

All time historical trading data is available from Gox directly. I also found this useful thread for depth data from december 2011 till june 2012. Compression/zipping does wonders. Maybe you could generate chucks of data, i.e. jan2013, feb2013 etc. I'd be very thankful, if you try to conserve your mined data in any way. There will be some day in the future, where I'll come back at you. Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
http://gigaom.com/2013/05/14/google-ventures-invests-in-opencoin-the-firm-behind-bitcoin-exchange-ripple/

Great news for Bitcoin because Ripple is good for Bitcoin. 
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

It is a good news because Ripple facilitates conversion between bitcoins and traditional currencies, which should aid mass adoption of Bitcoins.
Bad news because many people believe Ripple is Bitcoin 2.0 and threatens the existence of Bitcoin.
Activity: 252
We're in a severely overbought position.  Odds say, it's coming back down.  The longer it stays here, the harder that fall could be.

Overbought? What the fuck are you talking about. What odds? My cat could shit on some graph paper and provide more accurate TA.

Pretty sure you have no clue what that word means.

What's that?  Sorry I couldn't hear you from all the sell...BING, BING, BINGS, coming through my speakers.  Guess even the cat couldn't make your emotional rant, hold water huh?  Next time, less talking and more listening and learning.  Or at minimum...try not to be such a dick.  BTC addy below to pay for this lesson.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Ask bids are slowly piling up and buying pressure is slowly expending
I think we won't be breaking 120 for a few days unless some big players decide to buy 4k of bitcoins or the mega walls there are lifted.

There is at least one person who I know is debating whether to buy that entire wall right now.

That person should probably just put up a buy wall instead and eat the next "durrdurr i m a bear" dump.  More coins for less.

Nah, the way things are now, all coiled up, the moment a wall pops up on the bid side that 4k ask wall gets eaten alive.

Even in that event, I'd expect a dump back down to just below current levels right after. Bears just can't help themselves Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
I think we won't be breaking 120 for a few days unless some big players decide to buy 4k of bitcoins or the mega walls there are lifted.

There is at least one person who I know is debating whether to buy that entire wall right now.

That person should probably just put up a buy wall instead and eat the next "durrdurr i m a bear" dump.  More coins for less.

Nah, the way things are now, all coiled up, the moment a wall pops up on the bid side that 4k ask wall gets eaten alive.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
legendary
I'd really love to see that. Please do an announcement in this thread, if you start publishing somewhere else. Anyway, what's your data source? I assume you keep ChartBuddy's information.

I am currently archiving it but my /home is running out of space quickly so I need to work something out. Unfortunately, Gox returns a lot of data, most of which I don't use. I'm thinking of finding a way to strip that out (this would also speed up the generation of the chart since JSON-> Perl hash is fairly slow.

Though even with that, I don't actually retain enough data. Simply having the bids and asks isn't enough, I need the actual trades also. I think I'd best work out how to do socket.io for that though.
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
still new verified customers on Gox coming in...

I recently had to verify my account. I'm hardly new. Registered 2011.

ok newly and the delete the "coming in" Smiley

whatever that means for price and money... heh

legendary

And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bus... the walls are pretty pointless, but they're still there  Cheesy

Until they're not.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
still new verified customers on Gox coming in...

I recently had to verify my account. I'm hardly new. Registered 2011.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 434
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I don't think we are stable. If we are in this trading range in a month, maybe we are stable. I don't sense confidence in these mini rallies. I'm actually holding mostly BTC at the moment, but my finger is on the trigger and I am not confident we break 120-125 resistance.

I think we are stable, but I agree- the 109 to 119 is probably ephemeral. I think we are more likely still around 109 average. 
Jump to: