Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33372. (Read 26462745 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
The MtGox Market depth is looking better and better, albeit on low volume. Considering that, I am surprised how good it is looking. Yes, it can be manipulated.
That said - The bids at $70 are up solid just as the asks at $300 being down good. Total sales are dropping but the $ value of sale level is rising (e.g. - 100k level sells rose from $165 - $175).

Again, worried about the volume but at least the price is going up and not down along with the good market data.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I don't think we are stable. If we are in this trading range in a month, maybe we are stable. I don't sense confidence in these mini rallies. I'm actually holding mostly BTC at the moment, but my finger is on the trigger and I am not confident we break 120-125 resistance.

Someone with a brain.  Becoming rarer these days.   Wink
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
I don't think we are stable. If we are in this trading range in a month, maybe we are stable. I don't sense confidence in these mini rallies. I'm actually holding mostly BTC at the moment, but my finger is on the trigger and I am not confident we break 120-125 resistance.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
i think we should hold here for a while, lets enjoy the nice wall at 120   Wink
stable bits FOREVER!  Cheesy

Well, this is better than stable. In the last 7 days we went from $105ish to $119. That's going UP 14% in 7 days. Wink

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
For the past 8 days the rate has been unusually steady hardly any fluctuations, I can see a pump and dump is due within the next couple of days> I expect the price to increase a moderate 5-10% more then we will see a sudden dump with a 30% fall then a steady increase as people get out their poop scoopers to collect the cheaper coins that others lost shitting their pants

Really ?  Hmmm I think we have entered a period of more stability than that . I doubt we'll see a 30% fall, but that'd be great.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I'm thinking it should be possible to come up with some heuristics for how reliable bids and asks are based on how much and how far from the price they are based on historical data. Then it should be possible to generate a wall chart by removing low-confidence bids and asks. May have to give that a try.

I'd really love to see that. Please do an announcement in this thread, if you start publishing somewhere else. Anyway, what's your data source? I assume you keep ChartBuddy's information.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
For the past 8 days the rate has been unusually steady hardly any fluctuations, I can see a pump and dump is due within the next couple of days> I expect the price to increase a moderate 5-10% more then we will see a sudden dump with a 30% fall then a steady increase as people get out their poop scoopers to collect the cheaper coins that others lost shitting their pants

I have to agree with you. A sell order at the ready in the early 130s would be a safe bet.. We shall see!

Well if you look at the past red candle activity, every week or so there is someone dumping coins, maybe its a silk road trader, but its as regular as clockwork and who ever it is, is overdue for a dump to get their hand on fiat
legendary
Merit: 1001

Panic stable!

I have to agree with you. A sell order at the ready in the early 130s would be a safe bet.. We shall see!

For August maybe.   Grin

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Merit: 1001
Without the walls, the ask side is looking very shallow.

And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bus... the walls are pretty pointless, but they're still there  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
I'm thinking it should be possible to come up with some heuristics for how reliable bids and asks are based on how much and how far from the price they are based on historical data. Then it should be possible to generate a wall chart by removing low-confidence bids and asks. May have to give that a try.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Without the walls, the ask side is looking very shallow.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

any comments on the extremely thin bids on bitstamp?

I moved some coins there to sell to get some fiat out, as gox sounds like a long wait and expensive to get money back to UK.

Now I'm watching, waiting and pondering whether to use to buy more... but bitstamp looks a lot less solid than gox. Is that because a lot of Europeans are doing what I did?

Even if Bitstamp looks worse than Gox, it will more than likely follow whatever direction Gox goes. Haven't seen it more than $5 apart in the past few weeks.

Bitfinex has been trading on BSTP books for the past few weeks.  Leveraged arbitrage is awesome.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Merit: 1026
Is there any easy way of importing the BTC/USD price into Metatrader as a currency pair?

Not working anymore. Not sure if there are new projects going on right now. But you may want to check out Sierra Chart.

We're in a severely overbought position.  Odds say, it's coming back down.  The longer it stays here, the harder that fall could be.

Not really true, bid side is gaining strenght.

Activity: 686
Is there any easy way of importing the BTC/USD price into Metatrader as a currency pair?

I've been looking haven't found an answer, there was an EA , none now.
Jump to: