Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33394. (Read 26462497 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
I dont know what you mean by the 30 btc comment.

Ok, say I want to sell 4000 BTC for at least $115. I can't do it in one big swoop, otherwise I'll just trigger a panic sell.

Instead, I wait for the buy bids to creep up and sell to them, while making sure I don't sell lower than $115.

Obviously it works as well for buying.

All I'm saying is that I've witnessed someone(s) cashing out slowly.

Oh word I hear ya, based on the trading we've seen though, basically ~90%+ of 24hr volume has come in two 30 minute candles, which to me means we've seen two major sells (~400k, and ~1m) rather than broad based selling... the other volume that has happened is so small to mean nothing. large percentage is probably just bot noise.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

Ok, say I want to sell 4000 BTC for at least $115. I can't do it in one big swoop, otherwise I'll just trigger a panic sell.

Instead, I wait for the buy bids to creep up and sell to them, while making sure I don't sell lower than $115.

When I'll be cashing out then first step will PUMP the price.

How? Walls are closing in, it's less easy to manipulate (on the cheap).

Unless you wait for the mother of all consolidation triangle and try to make an upward breakout.  Grin

I will not cash out at the bottom Smiley. (add few digits)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

How? Walls are closing in, it's less easy to manipulate (on the cheap).

Unless you wait for the mother of all consolidation triangle and try to make an upward breakout.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

No volume to confirm, could be a false break. But maybe cheap coins in near future.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
$500k just disappeared from the order book, all at once.

Somebody preparing for a dump? On a weekend? Or just too scared of a bearapocalypse on Monday?
lol

not all sales are manipulations ...

every day there is at least one sr-dealer or similar cashing out who does not care to much I reckon

Exactly, I couldn't be more bullish.. but I'm selling some btc soon to make a down payment on a house. That's just real life..
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
lol

not all sales are manipulations ...

every day there is at least one sr-dealer or similar cashing out who does not care to much I reckon

I don't know... since yesterday I've witnessed sellers cashing out slowly.
Every time there's enough bids (~ 30 btc) upward of a round number... *sell*.

Also: BTC prices don't care about walls.  Cheesy

This dosen't quite make sense to me... I dont know what you mean by the 30 btc comment. Any of the large sells could have been executed at any time, there is 40k+ depth to 100, in past 24 hours we've seen about 10,000 btcs worth of market sells, compared with about 2k market orders or so... though limit orders have been building nicely. I realize individual walls don't mean much as they can get pulled in a second, but the arb trader in me basically only cares about depth.. price is irrelevant (well maybe not irrelevant  Cool) and the fact the walls are not being pulled means this is organic btc demand, not day trading bulls hoping to manipulate with ghost walls
114 on hourly chart being defended mainly by bots and small buys
Activity: 420
Could go either way from here, but down has a lot more resistance than up.  I wouldn't have gambled selling at 114, but a lot of people seemed to.

A lot of people have been waiting for coins at 112 or less. What if this dip goes up without hitting that level?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The waters are still calm for now. We all aught to cherish these valuable moments.
If I was short, I would be looking to take profits soonish. Lack of sell side depth would scare the shit out of me, this could be just a couple people dumping which would explain why there is no market power behind sell off.. bids aren't being cancelled, asks aren't being added to... What 3k btcs to move price back up $7? Don't see risk/reward payoff there
I don't know... since yesterday I've witnessed sellers cashing out slowly.
Every time there's enough bids (~ 30 btc) upward of a round number... *sell*.

Also: BTC prices don't care about walls.  Cheesy
If I was short, I would be looking to take profits soonish. Lack of sell side depth would scare the shit out of me, this could be just a couple people dumping which would explain why there is no market power behind sell off.. bids aren't being cancelled, asks aren't being added to... What 3k btcs to move price back up $7? Don't see risk/reward payoff there
Activity: 252
Somebody better call Al-Assad and see if he wants to invest.   Wink
Activity: 84
Might be an exciting weekend after all.
Weeeee, down we go!

seen?

edit:

if 114 does not hold I would expect to see 106/107