Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33408. (Read 26462349 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
I saw the 0.1337 bot in action with repeated buys. What is the motive?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Money flow index has it in an over bought position.  My guess is it's coming back down. 

I think we're going to test $125 first, and then maybe you will be right. Wouldn't mind it going up further though, I like riding the choo choo train. Grin

I hear ya.  And if Bitcoin is consistent at one thing, it's rendering all chart data useless.   Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

New "all time highs" for number of new posts AND number of new members on Bitcointalk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

All time high number of new posts was the day before yesterday:

2013-05-08: New Posts: 13842 New Members: 868

All time high number of new users was yesterday:

2013-05-09: New Posts: 13218, New Members: 1270

inb4: spem bats! meaningless statistic! it's a bubel trollolo!

Remember when it was actually possible to keep on top of "unread posts since last visit"? Smiley

Very interesting. Wouldn't have guessed.

If May 2013 continues, it will beat April 2013 (which is month with most "new users" to date).

In general the numbers are about one order of a magnitude higher (10x) than early 2011 when I got in.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Money flow index has it in an over bought position.  My guess is it's coming back down. 

I think we're going to test $125 first, and then maybe you will be right. Wouldn't mind it going up further though, I like riding the choo choo train. Grin
Money flow index has it in an over bought position.  My guess is it's coming back down.  

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

New "all time highs" for number of new posts AND number of new members on Bitcointalk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

All time high number of new posts was the day before yesterday:

2013-05-08: New Posts: 13842 New Members: 868

All time high number of new users was yesterday:

2013-05-09: New Posts: 13218, New Members: 1270

inb4: spem bats! meaningless statistic! it's a bubel trollolo!

Remember when it was actually possible to keep on top of "unread posts since last visit"? Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
What do we make of this hour's sales - a pump and dump? Are the sellers now the same as the buyers six hours ago?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Only way Bitcoin fails is if governments seriously saboteur it by preventing banks from processing fiat transactions in relation to it, but the gamble is that once the establishment tries to assault Bitcoin, the counter force and backlash will serve to propel Bitcoin to the level of a household name and away we go.

This didn't work out to well for online poker.  If major government intervention happens as you describe...SELL, SELL, SELL.  

Au contraire, I first found Bitcoin as a result of the poker 'black friday'. The weak point in online poker was the bank funding re third parties. That got me thinking about how governments can (and do) influence the banks to effectively shut down undesirable industries. The beauty of bitcoin is that it can't be shut down that way. Although exchanges can be attacked or outlawed in individual countries, it is impossible to shut down face to face currency exchange or bitcoin sales. There is no central authority to control, unlike the poker companies.

I use bitcoins to play poker, even though I don't need to (live in Europe) just because I can.

BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

I know man, I was there.  I felt like a part of me had died.   Cry   My thoughts are they can absolutely cripple Bitcoins growth via the banks.  Not to mention pushing away all hope of legitamate US business getting on board which will just stagnant Bitcoin altogether.  It would continue in the black markets and underground poker sites, etc. sure....but they can do major damage.  But hey that's negative talk...its' too early for that.   Let's celebrate the rise and hope for the best.  Cheesy

EDIT:  I stand by my sell order should something major come along.

Here here I agree with you.
Decentralised and Deflationary - what could go wrong?  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
If BTC wants to reach out to the average middle class out there it needs to value itself at $30-50

Yeah, it's a real shame that bitcoins can not be divided.

I lol'd IRL
Exchanges just need to show balances in mBTC and everything looks that more impressive Wink

Only way Bitcoin fails is if governments seriously saboteur it by preventing banks from processing fiat transactions in relation to it, but the gamble is that once the establishment tries to assault Bitcoin, the counter force and backlash will serve to propel Bitcoin to the level of a household name and away we go.

This didn't work out to well for online poker.  If major government intervention happens as you describe...SELL, SELL, SELL.  

Au contraire, I first found Bitcoin as a result of the poker 'black friday'. The weak point in online poker was the bank funding re third parties. That got me thinking about how governments can (and do) influence the banks to effectively shut down undesirable industries. The beauty of bitcoin is that it can't be shut down that way. Although exchanges can be attacked or outlawed in individual countries, it is impossible to shut down face to face currency exchange or bitcoin sales. There is no central authority to control, unlike the poker companies.

I use bitcoins to play poker, even though I don't need to (live in Europe) just because I can.

I know man, I was there.  I felt like a part of me had died.   Cry   My thoughts are they can absolutely cripple Bitcoins growth via the banks.  Not to mention pushing away all hope of legitamate US business getting on board which will just stagnant Bitcoin altogether.  It would continue in the black markets and underground poker sites, etc. sure....but they can do major damage.  But hey that's negative talk...its' too early for that.   Let's celebrate the rise and hope for the best.  Cheesy

EDIT:  I stand by my sell order should something major come along.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
If BTC wants to reach out to the average middle class out there it needs to value itself at $30-50

Yeah, it's a real shame that bitcoins can not be divided.

I lol'd IRL
legendary

That assertion has no basis in anything. All Bitcoin needs is infrastructure, wide adoption and stability. The price is actually irrelevant.

Like I said before, waiting until we break 25 before I loose all hope of getting cheap coin.

Don't give up hope.  This is starting to just look like a little pent up demand to me and possibly nothing more.  This stall in the 120ish range is worth noting. Of course as soon as I say that, it will shoot to 160.   Grin
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

This didn't work out to well for online poker.  If major government intervention happens as you describe...SELL, SELL, SELL. 

legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
I really hope this upward breakout didn't come as a huge surprise to anybody. I understand that there is still a lot of - justified - reservation about the question if the post-bubble correction is really over, and users like evolve and slipperyslope certainly like to remind us of that reservation on a daily basis (no offense. I appreciate the posts of you guys), but any serious look at the recent order book totals, the money flow of the past 6 days, or the sentiment on this forum ("I'm gonna buy *so hard* once price hits 90") should have convinced you that, at least short term, the only way was up. What will happen in a longer time frame, next weeks/months, is another question.

This. The market can absorb HUGE volume sells and pops on 10k buys.
legendary
I wonder if bitcoin is at the "too big to fail" stage yet....or how far away are we. Guess depends on your definition of fail maybe..

There is no "too big to fail". There is "corporate welfare" which Bitcoin isn't in line for.
Jump to: