Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33409. (Read 26462349 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
If BTC wants to reach out to the average middle class out there it needs to value itself at $30-50

Hm? What is this?

Would you say gold is too expensive, middle class should buy silver instead because it's cheaper?

A bit (or mBTC) is still only 12 cents. Cheap enough for the middle class to buy?

I admire your patience.

Yeah, molecular, what's the point in ignoring the troll if you're going to quote him anyway... Nevertheless, your patience is admirable  Cheesy

oops. well, I'm at work and I can't read the whole thread (it's become quite impossible anyway, wanted to lower my time-wasting). Only clicking on last 1 or 2 pages (skipping 20-30 at a time) recently.

Didn't notice he was trolling us.
donator
Whew well that was an awesome frenzy morning to wake up to.

Had my sell orders in last night for 121.33 at Gox.  

Looks like that was the perfect place to be... high-fiving myself...

that might be a little premature.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I really hope this upward breakout didn't come as a huge surprise to anybody. I understand that there is still a lot of - justified - reservation about the question if the post-bubble correction is really over, and users like evolve and slipperyslope certainly like to remind us of that reservation on a daily basis (no offense. I appreciate the posts of you guys), but any serious look at the recent order book totals, the money flow of the past 6 days, or the sentiment on this forum ("I'm gonna buy *so hard* once price hits 90") should have convinced you that, at least short term, the only way was up. What will happen in a longer time frame, next weeks/months, is another question.

I concur. The absolute deluge of good news over the past week didn't hurt either.

I'm happy for you bulls who guessed right coming out of this "consolidation", if that's what it was.  But let's be real, we're talking a less than 10 point jump here.  Not exactly earth shattering and certainly not enough at this point to blindly believe it wont fall right back down.  I don't see anything fundamentally different other than the bots coming back online.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
If BTC wants to reach out to the average middle class out there it needs to value itself at $30-50

Hm? What is this?

Would you say gold is too expensive, middle class should buy silver instead because it's cheaper?

A bit (or mBTC) is still only 12 cents. Cheap enough for the middle class to buy?

I admire your patience.

Yeah, molecular, what's the point in ignoring the troll if you're going to quote him anyway... Nevertheless, your patience is admirable  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
Whew well that was an awesome frenzy morning to wake up to.

Had my sell orders in last night for 121.33 at Gox.  

Looks like that was the perfect place to be... high-fiving myself...
legendary
Hey Bears! *knock knock*

Is it just me or does it look like rpietila flying through the door of the plush hotel ?  Tongue

Can't be... where's the limo?

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration

Hm? What is this?

I admire your patience.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I really hope this upward breakout didn't come as a huge surprise to anybody. I understand that there is still a lot of - justified - reservation about the question if the post-bubble correction is really over, and users like evolve and slipperyslope certainly like to remind us of that reservation on a daily basis (no offense. I appreciate the posts of you guys), but any serious look at the recent order book totals, the money flow of the past 6 days, or the sentiment on this forum ("I'm gonna buy *so hard* once price hits 90") should have convinced you that, at least short term, the only way was up. What will happen in a longer time frame, next weeks/months, is another question.

I concur. The absolute deluge of good news over the past week didn't hurt either.

There is almost no correlation between good/bad news and up/down price. There is however a very strong correlation with volatility and an upward trend when Gox let's the bots do as they please.
Activity: 280

It's not just the low volume that scares me.  This coincided with Gox restricting and/or disabling bots. It appears that not only do the bots move walls to control the price, but they are also responsible for most of the volume.

link?

There are some reports earlier in the thread by users who had bots disabled/restricted.  I'll try to find.

Not surprising though. Gox has previously posted on facebook or twitter that they temporarily restricted the bots after a DDOS attack. I believe this was done shortly after the engine upgrade in April. Similar to the present situation, those restrictions also resulted in low volume and stagnant price.

*edit*

some reports around p 337.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2087032

For this who missed it. ^

This will probably be the new trend following DDOS attacks. No more panic sells. Rather, Gox disables bots. Price and volume doesn't move until they are re-enabled. Then the pumping and dumping continues.

This is probably a very accurate statement. 
donator

Hm? What is this?

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
legendary
more wall.jpg and less text

Pardonnez-moi? I prefer PNG myself but what the hey.

Reach little Bitcoin, reach.

I was thinking that the bubble may have "paused" the growth, thus we might expect a line parallel to but slightly lower than the previous line for ongoing growth.
It's not just the low volume that scares me.  This coincided with Gox restricting and/or disabling bots. It appears that not only do the bots move walls to control the price, but they are also responsible for most of the volume.

link?

There are some reports earlier in the thread by users who had bots disabled/restricted.  I'll try to find.

Not surprising though. Gox has previously posted on facebook or twitter that they temporarily restricted the bots after a DDOS attack. I believe this was done shortly after the engine upgrade in April. Similar to the present situation, those restrictions also resulted in low volume and stagnant price.

*edit*

some reports around p 337.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2087032

For this who missed it. ^

This will probably be the new trend following DDOS attacks. No more panic sells. Rather, Gox disables bots. Price and volume doesn't move until they are re-enabled. Then the pumping and dumping continues.
Looks like the 0.500 bot is back online....

Posted the above at 12:47:07 AM CST. Just before the price started to climb.

As soon as the bots came back online the pumping continued. Big surprise. Some people will never learn.

I see the 0.0123 bot is quite active this morning...
legendary
No offense but if you don't hold it, you don't own it. I would never buy paper silver or let someone else watch my silver.

+1. Maybe as a hedge against inflation but there are better investments for that too.

From a trading perspective yes, but average people aren't looking to trade.  Your average person will take an even exchange rate for convenience and low transaction fees, on everyday purchases.
Looks like the 0.500 bot is back online....

Posted the above at 12:47:07 AM CST. Just before the price started to climb.

As soon as the bots came back online the pumping continued. Big surprise. Some people will never learn.

Only way Bitcoin fails is if governments seriously saboteur it by preventing banks from processing fiat transactions in relation to it, but the gamble is that once the establishment tries to assault Bitcoin, the counter force and backlash will serve to propel Bitcoin to the level of a household name and away we go.

This didn't work out to well for online poker.  If major government intervention happens as you describe...SELL, SELL, SELL. 
Jump to: