Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33411. (Read 26462345 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I had no fiat, so it was one or the other, and I have done terribly trading.
So I will have a shiny 3x HD7970 rig, churning out 2GH/s - and my ASIC will eventually arrive, so I'll do ok in the long run.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the total hashrate and difficulty will go up so fast will all these new ASIC's hitting the market that you will feel forced to invest more and more into mining equipment. It's a king of the hill battle with a neverending slope upwards and no top. Good luck with that, only the ones somewhere high up the hill will be able to make a good profit.

There were people back in 2011 saying mining was a waste, it was too late, you'd make more buying BTC. Mining is still quite profitable. I wouldn't hesitate to get into mining, it's not quite as insanely profitable as it used to be, but you'll make money. GPU I'd only do a few rigs that you can use as gaming rigs, the rest into ASIC. Plus it's fun and the more miners the better for the network (more decentralized, which is good).

The 7970s are fine cards, easy to resell if he can get more ASICs down the road.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Here is the next triangle.

Slippery, go all in man, the train is leaving the station... Choo chooo

Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 686
Stephen Reed
Here is the next triangle.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Stephen Reed
The breakthrough launched as it approached the rising support, with relatively moderate-high wall-busting volume.

Activity: 411
The build up from China?  Timing seems right.  I thought the price was going down but this could be a HUGE rally!!!  Congrats bulls!   Wink

we need to break 125$ Smiley if we can..  booooooom!!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
So I will have a shiny 3x HD7970 rig, churning out 2GH/s - and my ASIC will eventually arrive, so I'll do ok in the long run.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the total hashrate and difficulty will go up so fast will all these new ASIC's hitting the market that you will feel forced to invest more and more into mining equipment. It's a king of the hill battle with a neverending slope upwards and no top. Good luck with that, only the ones somewhere high up the hill will be able to make a good profit.
Activity: 252
The build up from China?  Timing seems right.  I thought the price was going down but this could be a HUGE rally!!!  Congrats bulls!   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
You can all thank me for this new ramp...
I just cashed out to invest in mining equipment.
Of course this was going to happen XD
Still, I'll be adding to the economy from the other side now, and trading my 'free' BTC instead.

I used fiat to fund my mining equipment, saw it as a better way of topping up my investment - bonus of a shiny new PC!

Let me tell you that your trading plan was too good to be true. Was impossible.

Good luck with the mining.
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Still, I'll be adding to the economy from the other side now, and trading my 'free' BTC instead.

I used fiat to fund my mining equipment, saw it as a better way of topping up my investment - bonus of a shiny new PC!

Fair enough, sounds like a good plan. The gift that keeps on giving. I'd have opted for 3x7950 though and kept a few BTC in change! Good luck Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 322
The Bitcoin market is more polar.
i.e.

Depending on the frequency of steps in the polar graph.

I've mastered Bitcoin trading with this pattern.....  Roll Eyes

you can plot a slight variation over the complex plane in a much more insightful way:

code in Sage:
Code:
var('x y'); complex_plot((x*sin(2 * x^2)^3), (x,-2,2), (y, -2, 2), plot_points=300)
http://imgur.com/wYbFIHm

Nice.  Good tip.

I will be sure to place all of my asks in the black hole region.  Cheesy
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Activity: 280
Activity: 728
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
this Smiley

edit: 

anyone thinking the wall could be fake?  at ask side?

Since $114, almost none of the walls have been fake. In fact more asks have piled on the whole way up. Those were people who locked in at a set profit and were going to wait for the bulls to pay them off. Which makes the rally that much more impressive, a hell of a lot of buying in a very short span. The bid wall has been very agressive, keeping right on the edge. Very little backtracking, the buying pressure just kept building and blew threw the asks.

The market reacting well to good news, who woulda thunk it.  
Jump to: