Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33560. (Read 26460903 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
News: All users of Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind versions 0.7.2 and earlier are required to upgrade to 0.8.1 or apply a manual workaround by May 15. More info.

what will happen to users that don't upgrade  Huh
you are likely to be left behind and will be out of sync with the rest of the Bitcoin network.

what the F?

Basically this is just early warning that the same fork that happened in March will happen again if you don't update.   Only difference this time is that the old version fork will be the one abandoned, hence you will be left behind if you don't upgrade or do the work around.   It is just a block size limit increase.  This is not an update of the 1MB hard limit, it is a lifting of the soft limit, which I think is currently 250KB.

does that mean they won't be able to spend their coins?

more lost coins?

They'll still have their wallet.dat. Even if they send their coins to an address not recognized by the new fork, the network won't confirm it when they do upgrade.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
Ah found the reason for the 0.01 orders on mtgox:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dmmqy/how_to_break_the_mtgox_trading_engine_with_normal/

Produce lag on your own Cheesy

Yours,
timfah

When you see a lag in couple of minutes on mtgox its just me.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Ah found the reason for the 0.01 orders on mtgox:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dmmqy/how_to_break_the_mtgox_trading_engine_with_normal/

Produce lag on your own Cheesy

Yours,
timfah
Interesting ... definitely looks like people are doing this. Twats ...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
News: All users of Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind versions 0.7.2 and earlier are required to upgrade to 0.8.1 or apply a manual workaround by May 15. More info.

you are likely to be left behind and will be out of sync with the rest of the Bitcoin network.

what the F?

Basically this is just early warning that the same fork that happened in March will happen again if you don't update.   Only difference this time is that the old version fork will be the one abandoned, hence you will be left behind if you don't upgrade or do the work around.   It is just a block size limit increase.  This is not an update of the 1MB hard limit, it is a lifting of the soft limit, which I think is currently 250KB.

does that mean they won't be able to spend their coins?

more lost coins?
Activity: 260
Merit: 250

what the F?

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Btw, this is the last day when we see $95 EVER, you can quote me on that.  Cool

And quoted.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Spambots or manipulator bots?

Seems to be a .01 attack under way with tiny offers on the upside at the 111 level .... thats the lag
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Ah thanks for the reminder, I still have to apply the work-around (I'm not switching to 8.* just yet).

If you don't update or apply the work-around, your client will fork from the rest of the network.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

what the F?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Spambots or manipulator bots?

Activity: 70
Nice place, but I'd rather live on the west coast(not that I have $19m in bitcoins, but someday perhaps).

It's 'only' $1.9M!
Roll Eyes Yep, missed a period. Should have reread it before I posted.
Activity: 84
supernode
Ohh now hes playing with 0.04 funny guy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Nice place, but I'd rather live on the west coast(not that I have $19m in bitcoins, but someday perhaps).

It's 'only' $1.9M!
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

The next several hours will reveal whether the price movement stays in the channel.

Its a falling wedge! Smiley

Activity: 70
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Anyone see reptielia guy ? i think he might commit susicide after loosing so much money Cheesy

Risto has changed his mind. He said that if prices drop he will buy more.

As matter of fact, I applaud his efforts as an experienced, professional  bitcoin broker/dealer to create infrastructure that will gain him even more clients. There is a crude cliche that applies, at least partially to his behavior - Fake it until you make it.

I expect Risto to make it.

Your buddy Risto is classic bullshitter and you have only legs outside of his back, I guess you're one of the last who gives a shit about his coins, ounces and his plans. Hope you have a good time there though, I want people to be happy  Grin

Lolchik, what a douche  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

The resemblance of this chart is scary.

(from http://www.oftwominds.com/blogapr09/housing04-09.html  somebody posted it on this forum before but I can't find it right now)

Somebody is not sticking to the plan  Angry

It was to go down hard today so that we could then move on with a very very very slow rise. Give me a sixtysomething at least.
Jump to: