Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33562. (Read 26460903 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
What is next $100 or $70
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

The next several hours will reveal whether the price movement stays in the channel.

Wow some of you TA's are sloppy. At least draw a line connecting TWO POINTS lol... Tongue
Activity: 798
another chance for easy money missed, damn you bitcoins  Grin Roll Eyes
haha was just thinking this

just missed it. was looking at 82$ loaded with FIAT and just got back from a meeting and here we are at 100 . DAMN U BITCOINS! Lets buy in at the top so we can offer some water for that pump! maybe not.

lol
Beat this ... I bought around the 83 level, sat with it for over an hour and it was going nowhere on low volume so I scratched it ... about ... oooh ... a minute at most before it went through the roof ... hahaha
Damn you Bitcoin !
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
For bottom though it seems that 79 is it for today.

Supposing that this pause at $96 turns downward within a couple of hours, there could be enough high-volume hours remaining today so that a wall-busting panic-selling spike down to $70 might just happen, e.g. in the blind due to goxlag. Otherwise, I think your assessment is likely.
Stephen Reed
There seems to be a lot of support at 97, I can't see it breaking.

In trader talk, you meant resistance at 97, right?
SAQ
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
There seems to be a lot of support at 97, I can't see it breaking.

Stephen Reed
just missed it

The previous pause was six hours long and the one before that was 12 hours long. I recommend patience - or maybe limit buy orders.
Activity: 854
another chance for easy money missed, damn you bitcoins  Grin Roll Eyes
haha was just thinking this

just missed it. was looking at 82$ loaded with FIAT and just got back from a meeting and here we are at 100 . DAMN U BITCOINS! Lets buy in at the top so we can offer some water for that pump! maybe not.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
I'm curious about these strategies.. people use the same strategies when they play blackjack. They play the minimum, they lost, then they play twice the minimum and so on.
What they don't realize is that they waste a valuable and most often unaccounted factor TIME!

You can easily buy or sell ALL your coins at a single price, if you re-buy or re-sell at a better price then BAM!!! you made a shit ton of money compared to the averaging strategy you use...
It's kinda like the "diversification" approach... when all the so called financial advisors recommend to diversify...
that's code for "I have no clue what will go up or down, so to cover my ass, I'll recommend you to bed on all the different stocks so in the end I make money off commissions and you break even"

Anyways... I'm not criticizing  your strategy, just pointing out what I think is the common denominator in many other situations.

That's true. If you look at my example and the price only goes to $78 then I'm screwed because I only bought 0.3. This strategy is mostly just to try to predict the bottom and try to catch as much as you can even if your bottom is off by +5%. Catching the exact bottom and going all in is very difficult for me. With this strategy I can pick a bottom +/-5% and place my bets accordingly.
Stephen Reed
me and my fiat are taking a break this weekend. I think maybe it's not dissapearing into coins but it's just off the order book. I have no idea what to bid at the moment.

I just put lots of bids from $75 down to $10. Whatever the bottom is I'll catch a good chunk of it.

what is the best strategy for doing this?

I usually pick a spot where I want to begin, and double the amount I'm going to buy the lower it gets.

So for example
0.1BTC @ $80
0.2BTC @ $78
0.4BTC @ $76
0.8BTC @ $74

etc.

I'm sure theres different strategies for this but I find this one the most logical sounding.

I have a most likely price target in mind beforehand. For example, a couple of days ago I obtained a price target for this capitulation by way of comparison with the first and greatest capitulation of bubble 1. That one had a 55% drop from the top. This one started at $145 and my price target was therefore $65. I created pre-positioned buy limit orders at Mt. Gox for $95, $87, $80, $76, and $65. Based upon the relentless selling pressure today, I split the lowest bid and created a new bid at $60. Regarding order size, I use a rough gaussian distribution, i.e. bell curve, that heavily weights the orders in the center of the spread. In a sort of monte carlo analysis, I expect the majority of my orders to get filled, but not necessarily the lowest one(s).

My buy points illustrated above are in whole numbers, the actual orders are positioned according to the nearby bid walls, i.e. my orders are relatively small and I want them filled before the 1000+ BTC orders commonly placed at whole numbers as walls.

These execution tactics are new to me. I vowed during the last bitcoin bubble to learn - and to profit accordingly.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
another chance for easy money missed, damn you bitcoins  Grin Roll Eyes
legendary
I'm curious about these strategies.. people use the same strategies when they play blackjack. They play the minimum, they lost, then they play twice the minimum and so on.
What they don't realize is that they waste a valuable and most often unaccounted factor TIME!

You can easily buy or sell ALL your coins at a single price, if you re-buy or re-sell at a better price then BAM!!! you made a shit ton of money compared to the averaging strategy you use...
It's kinda like the "diversification" approach... when all the so called financial advisors recommend to diversify...
that's code for "I have no clue what will go up or down, so to cover my ass, I'll recommend you to bed on all the different stocks so in the end I make money off commissions and you break even"

Anyways... I'm not criticizing  your strategy, just pointing out what I think is the common denominator in many other situations.

I don't think anyone is denying it's a risk management strategy. It's different from the blackjack example though.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
me and my fiat are taking a break this weekend. I think maybe it's not dissapearing into coins but it's just off the order book. I have no idea what to bid at the moment.

Yep, same here.
legendary
Got a feeling we might see another (slow) bounce above 100. Not sure where it will land though.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

I just put lots of bids from $75 down to $10. Whatever the bottom is I'll catch a good chunk of it.

I usually pick a spot where I want to begin, and double the amount I'm going to buy the lower it gets.

So for example
0.1BTC @ $80
0.2BTC @ $78
0.4BTC @ $76
0.8BTC @ $74

etc.

I'm sure theres different strategies for this but I find this one the most logical sounding.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

There probably isn't one, I just picked the "lowest it could ever go" as my bottom then put some exponentially equidistant bids in from $10.00 -> $11.00 -> $12.10 -> ... -> $67.27 -> $74.11, with constant dollar amounts.

$10 is probably too low, I might adjust it to $15 or $30. Dunno.
Stephen Reed
I guess this was I,II,III,IV,V, let's see what will happen in the future  Smiley

Are not especially powerful price movements often characterized by extensions in EW analysis?

What we have here is a great capitulation in the wake of the biggest bitcoin bubble collapse to date. Above $110, sellers may be motivated by profit-taking, but below $110 nearly everyone who bought BTC between April 1 and May 2 is not taking profits when they sell, they are staunching a loss, and potentially very big losses. And on the other hand, smart money that sold above current levels is strongly motivated by bargain hunting. These two forces, distressed sellers and bargain-hunting buyers, oscillate in initiative thus causing the wave patterns - right?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

So for example
0.1BTC @ $80
0.2BTC @ $78
0.4BTC @ $76
0.8BTC @ $74

etc.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Jump to: