Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33648. (Read 26461614 times)

SAQ
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Nothings happening. We are stuck on 127.  Undecided
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Bieber lives next door, but he unfortunately has to work, which I also do for 4 more hours.

Dude, you need to go and knock on Biebers door today, give him a handful of free Casascius coins.

Or hand them out to his entourage. If no one opens the door, you shove them under the door. Do it!

Wish granted:

Behold the Biebcoin.

That's it !! 0.001B is a Bieb ... how could his ego resist that !!
Activity: 52

there was one dip that could be used, I've bought some as low as below 123. And it immediately bounced to 133 for minute or two.

On mTGox yes ... not on BitStamp  

QED ... you had a 2 minute window  Cheesy

EDIT : I think there were 2 two minute windows today ! 2 minutes might even be stretching it a bit ! Well done if you caught either of them. Me ... I did nothing.

Missed much better window yesterday but caught this one, though not with volume I wish I did.
Yep I'm on Bitstamp too and saw that quick drop and rise...on MtGox. Timed it well on Bitstamp but there just wasn't any money to be made there.

Best I've done today is just now sold for 129 when I bought for 127...nothing special at all.

Well atleast you did something in order to keep the fees down on Bitstamp. I sometimes do <2% profit trades just to keep the fees under .4%
Very true...lower fees make a huge difference when trading for low margins.

Large sums of money + low fees can make it all worthwhile.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Bieber lives next door, but he unfortunately has to work, which I also do for 4 more hours.

Dude, you need to go and knock on Biebers door today, give him a handful of free Casascius coins.

Or hand them out to his entourage. If no one opens the door, you shove them under the door. Do it!

Wish granted:

Behold the Biebcoin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!

there was one dip that could be used, I've bought some as low as below 123. And it immediately bounced to 133 for minute or two.

EDIT : I think there were 2 two minute windows today ! 2 minutes might even be stretching it a bit ! Well done if you caught either of them. Me ... I did nothing.

Missed much better window yesterday but caught this one, though not with volume I wish I did.
Yep I'm on Bitstamp too and saw that quick drop and rise...on MtGox. Timed it well on Bitstamp but there just wasn't any money to be made there.

Best I've done today is just now sold for 129 when I bought for 127...nothing special at all.

Well atleast you did something in order to keep the fees down on Bitstamp. I sometimes do <2% profit trades just to keep the fees under .4%

Activity: 798

Be happy that you caught it at all  Wink

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
1. Collect underpants 2. ? 3. Profit
Hows about:

Bitcoin         = Bits   = 1 unit
   Bitcent or cents   = cBits   = 0.01 units
   Bitmills or mills      = mBits   = 0.001 units
   Bitmics or mics      = μBits   = 0.000001 units
   Satoshi or sats            = 0.00000001 units
   Bitnans or nans   = nBits   = 0.000000001 units (for when 1 Bitcoin = 1 Mega dollar or BTC1 = M$1 = $1,000,000)
legendary
Duelbits.com
As far as I'm concerned I'd love if it would bounce between 120-135 each few hours forever Smiley

Nothing better than sell 10-15$ above the price you bought, it's each lazy man's dream Smiley
But right now it's just gradually heading down. I've tried day trading today and been burnt because of the general downwards trend.

Try to catch it next time. And if you are late better don't buy then to buy at top or near it.

Today was not a day for day trading IMO, unless you were very quick and/or very lucky

there was one dip that could be used, I've bought some as low as below 123. And it immediately bounced to 133 for minute or two. Pretty similar as yesterday though yesterday went as high as 144-145 after crash and stayed at middle 130s for hours.
legendary
Duelbits.com
As far as I'm concerned I'd love if it would bounce between 120-135 each few hours forever Smiley

Nothing better than sell 10-15$ above the price you bought, it's each lazy man's dream Smiley
But right now it's just gradually heading down. I've tried day trading today and been burnt because of the general downwards trend.

Try to catch it next time. And if you are late better don't buy then to buy at top or near it.
legendary
Activity: 1246

SAQ
Activity: 56
Bitcent sounds more intuitive to me to describe 0.001 bitcoin.

Bitcent gives you a full mouth. How about bent haha

To be honest I like bits and its so uncreative so thats prob what everyone will call it.

Bitcoins, bits and satoshis.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Yeah, something that already exists and is inclusive anyway Smiley Perhaps even skip a decimal place, go 10,000ths of a Bitcoin is an X, which in turn is equal to 10,000 Satoshi?
legendary
Duelbits.com

eh, think about it again..
legendary
Activity: 1246
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Getting back off-topic: we do need a friendlier name for mBTC: millibitcoin sounds so clunky and jargonistic.

Bitmill?
Jump to: