Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33655. (Read 26461720 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
haha wtf is going on
Activity: 280
Most people who were looking to buy over the weekend have probably done so already. The rest are waiting it out to hope for lower prices.

$125 wouldn't surprise me at all, but the asks are very thin to keep the price in the $120s for long.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Good day for dump, isn't it?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
...we're at quite a decisive point here. Any way it goes, it probably goes quite a bit...

Absolutely, I switched over to a faster chart in time to see a dive from $137 to $134 and thought twice about disagreeing Smiley

Meanwhile: low volume and lowish walls:

One medium-sized buy could put us at $139 in a heartbeat.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
according to my calculations if we stay on the current bullish trend we will hit 1,480.78$ in 6 months 16,867.02$ in 12 month 2,188,434.58$ in 24 months

omg why did i sell 3 coins for only 500$  Cry

I can't help but notice the bulls (me included) are throwing much higher numbers (even in relative terms) than in 2011 ("$1000 by the end of the year"... quite conservative). I also have a feeling this time they are having an easier time actually believing their own projections might come true.

I remember when friends used to ask me back in 2011: "when will you sell", my answer was: at 1 BTC = 1 oz gold. This doesn't seem so outlandish any more, does it?

It's almost like my wildest dreams are coming true: bitcoin seems to really work out!

Have you guys seen that guardian piece about the Bitcoin Kiez (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/video/2013/apr/26/bitcoin-currency-moves-offline-berlin-video). Had you shown me this in 2011 as a "video from 2 years in the future", I wouldn't have believed it and would probably not have been able to stop laughing in pure joy for a day or two. Nowadays my reaction is simply: "oh, cool! Quite a well done piece! Thanks cool dudes in Berlin!".

My old dreams are the new normal, I should get some new dreams... think big this time.

It's an awesome feeling isn't it? I didn't have a target sell price for my coins in 2011 like you did. I just knew that I would hold them for 5 years and see where things would be at when 2016 arrives. What could it be like in 3 more years having the benefit of updated information compared to 2011? The dream is the same, but the realization of it could end up being far greater than anyone expected.

Don't get me wrong, I wont sell more than 5-10%. Wink.
donator
Still hangin around 137 with barely any volume. Time to sleep.

I don't think it's a good time to sleep. It might drag on for longer, but we're at quite a decisive point here. Any way it goes, it probably goes quite a bit:

There has been much happening around the level we're currently at (138ish): Top of a wedge (broken up April 5th) that lead us to the huge rally to $0.266, top of a rebound during big crash (Apr 12th), top of rally Apr 19th and now current resistance.
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

Didn't you say in another thread that going sideways is bullish for bitcoin? I think bullish momentum is slowly building up, but it's weekend so not enough volume for much action to be taking place imo. What will happen if the price stays relatively stable until Monday, and people start moving part of their new monthly salary into MtGox?

I personally interpret this consolidation as bullish. The bears sold themselves out, we are learning more about the market every day while taking on new money all the time.

TLDR: all good.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Really surprised we are still at high $130's.  Was feeling pretty sure we were going to see a downward slide recently, to $120 odd.

This whole speculation stuff just ain't easy at all.

it isn't as hard as you think  Smiley

i noticed the downtrend was exhausted from a number of indicators as early as yesterday evening. take a look at my thread "arepo's price analysis" for the details.

--arepo

big sellers are waiting for higher prices, higher prices will not come.
120 will fall

at this point, i'm starting to see this as likely. if we continue this consolidation in the short-term without breaking out, that would be a signal to sell. all i was saying was that i was confident $120 would hold overnight.

Didn't you say in another thread that going sideways is bullish for bitcoin? I think bullish momentum is slowly building up, but it's weekend so not enough volume for much action to be taking place imo. What will happen if the price stays relatively stable until Monday, and people start moving part of their new monthly salary into MtGox?
Activity: 238
In Gord We Trust
according to my calculations if we stay on the current bullish trend we will hit 1,480.78$ in 6 months 16,867.02$ in 12 month 2,188,434.58$ in 24 months

I can't help but notice the bulls (me included) are throwing much higher numbers (even in relative terms) than in 2011 ("$1000 by the end of the year"... quite conservative). I also have a feeling this time they are having an easier time actually believing their own projections might come true.

I remember when friends used to ask me back in 2011: "when will you sell", my answer was: at 1 BTC = 1 oz gold. This doesn't seem so outlandish any more, does it?

It's almost like my wildest dreams are coming true: bitcoin seems to really work out!

Have you guys seen that guardian piece about the Bitcoin Kiez (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/video/2013/apr/26/bitcoin-currency-moves-offline-berlin-video). Had you shown me this in 2011 as a "video from 2 years in the future", I wouldn't have believed it and would probably not have been able to stop laughing in pure joy for a day or two. Nowadays my reaction is simply: "oh, cool! Quite a well done piece! Thanks cool dudes in Berlin!".

My old dreams are the new normal, I should get some new dreams... think big this time.

It's an awesome feeling isn't it? I didn't have a target sell price for my coins in 2011 like you did. I just knew that I would hold them for 5 years and see where things would be at when 2016 arrives. What could it be like in 3 more years having the benefit of updated information compared to 2011? The dream is the same, but the realization of it could end up being far greater than anyone expected.
Activity: 238

I crunched the numbers and there is a direct correlation between your 2 year old dreams and current Bitcoin happenings. Please, dream really big this time.

Still hangin around 137 with barely any volume. Time to sleep.
donator

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Incredible volume during that sell off from the all time high. Compare that with the run-up and it is night and day. Not sure what to make of it.

Market is loaded with noobs and fish traders. If and when we see another epic rally the "top calling" narrative will be good comedy as market participants are primed to expect the rug to be yanked out at some point.

That's sort of the point, isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
Incredible volume during that sell off from the all time high. Compare that with the run-up and it is night and day. Not sure what to make of it.

Market is loaded with noobs and fish traders. If and when we see another epic rally the "top calling" narrative will be good comedy as market participants are primed to expect the rug to be yanked out at some point.

donator
I am content for this week.

Things work better when retracements happen. Noobs stop speculating. It stops looking so bubblish. Fibonacci has a field day. Its all good.

Umm, hello, noob here, what do you mean with the fibonacci? I am sure it's a very witty comment but I don't understand it. ^^'

Correlation does not imply causation.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Arg bitcoin charts is down.
Activity: 224
What about those of us who are looking to buy?

Breaking out is not the signal I want to wait for, lol
Activity: 448
this statement is false
Really surprised we are still at high $130's.  Was feeling pretty sure we were going to see a downward slide recently, to $120 odd.

This whole speculation stuff just ain't easy at all.

it isn't as hard as you think  Smiley

i noticed the downtrend was exhausted from a number of indicators as early as yesterday evening. take a look at my thread "arepo's price analysis" for the details.

--arepo

big sellers are waiting for higher prices, higher prices will not come.
120 will fall

at this point, i'm starting to see this as likely. if we continue this consolidation in the short-term without breaking out, that would be a signal to sell. all i was saying was that i was confident $120 would hold overnight.
Jump to: