Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33654. (Read 26461729 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
Gox queue length and total bids are a good measure of new buyers (or at least new money).  All else is irrelevant.
Activity: 628
Merit: 500

Here is the comparison of Google Trends for the term "buy bitcoin" and Mt.Gox price in the period of the last 90 days.

These two graphs are following the same pattern.

Can we say Google Trends is a good measure of how many NEW interested buyers are coming to BTC market?

I don't say that this is a good prediction tool, but on the other hand, it's a good additional tool for making decisions, because it puts more realism by removing big fish speculators noise from the graph.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Black indeed. I'm looking forward to it..  Grin

Let's begin and we will see where it ends.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
The price is not considered a bargain as its still remaining in this range..I'm betting for a black monday..

And your definition for "black" goes something like...

...it crashes through rpietila's support line of $115, goes all the way to $95, enabling rpietila to invest the proceeds of last week's OTC trades (about 700 grams of gold, 22 kg of silver, EUR 28k cash, 60k bank money) with 30% better exchange rate that he would otherwise get, and bounces back to barely above $110, closing the month with a +15% green candle.

Me too. But I won't discard the price to go straight up, just barely touching $125... There are bullish signs everywhere, including very positive media attention despite the bubble burst, which every day looks more like a simple correction.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The price is not considered a bargain as its still remaining in this range..I'm betting for a black monday..

And your definition for "black" goes something like...

...it crashes through rpietila's support line of $115, goes all the way to $95, enabling rpietila to invest the proceeds of last week's OTC trades (about 700 grams of gold, 22 kg of silver, EUR 28k cash, 60k bank money) with 30% better exchange rate that he would otherwise get, and bounces back to barely above $110, closing the month with a +15% green candle.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
according to my calculations if we stay on the current bullish trend we will hit 1,480.78$ in 6 months 16,867.02$ in 12 month 2,188,434.58$ in 24 months

omg why did i sell 3 coins for only 500$  Cry

I can't help but notice the bulls (me included) are throwing much higher numbers (even in relative terms) than in 2011 ("$1000 by the end of the year"... quite conservative). I also have a feeling this time they are having an easier time actually believing their own projections might come true.

I remember when friends used to ask me back in 2011: "when will you sell", my answer was: at 1 BTC = 1 oz gold. This doesn't seem so outlandish any more, does it?

It's almost like my wildest dreams are coming true: bitcoin seems to really work out!

Have you guys seen that guardian piece about the Bitcoin Kiez (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/video/2013/apr/26/bitcoin-currency-moves-offline-berlin-video). Had you shown me this in 2011 as a "video from 2 years in the future", I wouldn't have believed it and would probably not have been able to stop laughing in pure joy for a day or two. Nowadays my reaction is simply: "oh, cool! Quite a well done piece! Thanks cool dudes in Berlin!".

My old dreams are the new normal, I should get some new dreams... think big this time.

Cheesy I live in a district close to there, Kreuzberg's awesome in general. Haven't tried spending bitcoins yet but I think I'll do that in the next few days.
Activity: 294
I am content for this week.

Things work better when retracements happen. Noobs stop speculating. It stops looking so bubblish. Fibonacci has a field day. Its all good.

Umm, hello, noob here, what do you mean with the fibonacci? I am sure it's a very witty comment but I don't understand it. ^^'

Correlation does not imply causation.

ouch mate
legendary
Activity: 1428
Activity: 128
This one was proven wrong. Although my previous call of $115 never again (uttered @ $122) likely holds.

This statement can be proven wrong right today. Or on monday.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
I'm feeling so conflicted right now, to buy or not to buy... Huh

Only for the brave...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
I'm feeling so conflicted right now, to buy or not to buy... Huh
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
To me, it seems that we will likely not see $140.00 ever again.

This one was proven wrong. Although my previous call of $115 never again (uttered @ $122) likely holds.

Consider the current prices as a gift. The safest way to buy bitcoins is to aim to make an ATH with your purchase. Statistically that has the lowest probability of ever being visited again.
20 seconds of lag and people are panic selling at $132 while others panic buy at $139 - gotta love this Smiley

This:

I think it's noobs getting trolled. Grin

Nice edit :p

The manipulator was like saying:" I sure as hell can push the price past $140, as I almost did($139.88), but, I am not going to let you know my decision yet." Tongue
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
20 seconds of lag and people are panic selling at $132 while others panic buy at $139 - gotta love this Smiley

This:

Nice edit :p
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Hmmm could seriously be some manipulation there.

Very quick price fall followed by very quick price rise and now we are back where we started  Tongue

This:

Activity: 87
Activity: 238
I have no clue wtf is going on
136 -> 131 -> 139 -> 136 within one minute
Activity: 115
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

This:

Jump to: