Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33698. (Read 26462191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
This is quite scary. Let's analyze the facts:

• the interest in bitcoin is fading out after the crash, just check the google trend: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%203-m&cmpt=q
  • there's still a lot of money at Gox, a lot of fresh money was delayed because of their epic queue, but you can bet that from now on the flow of fresh money will be slower (just check the google trend)

I think this rally needs to be supported by REAL news that improve the fundamentals, otherwise it will be just a trap before a slow decline.

IMHO, the best news would be a new company offering unlimited amounts of BTC for cash immediately - buying your first BTC is still slow and painful, and the first one changing that fact will really boost BTC.
The google thing isn't all that surprising. People saw the price drop and lost their excitement. It'll come back eventually and many will have missed the train.

Well, people loosing their excitement is a fact; people coming back massively after a "cool down" and a growth in fundamentals (more bitcoin businesses, etc.) is also very probable.

But this does not invalidate the fact that this short term rally seems unsustainable and a trap. Investors who were delayed by the queue at Gox and got their money in after the crash (we are speaking about MILLIONS of $ and many thousands of individuals) are not going to be in the mood for "buy and hold" like at the beginning of the bubble.

Again, the market is so illiquid that a big dump can take us all the way back to $50ish in the blink of an eye. And I don't see the enthusiasm to prevent that from happening.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration

• the interest in bitcoin is fading out after the crash, just check the google trend: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%203-m&cmpt=q
  • there's still a lot of money at Gox, a lot of fresh money was delayed because of their epic queue, but you can bet that from now on the flow of fresh money will be slower (just check the google trend)

I think this rally needs to be supported by REAL news that improve the fundamentals, otherwise it will be just a trap before a slow decline.

IMHO, the best news would be a new company offering unlimited amounts of BTC for cash immediately - buying your first BTC is still slow and painful, and the first one changing that fact will really boost BTC.
The google thing isn't all that surprising. People saw the price drop and lost their excitement. It'll come back eventually and many will have missed the train.

Yep - and then the bubble will start over again. The impressive thing is that we are putting in the floor right now - i.e. the next hype leg up hasnt even started yet. Once that starts again... hold on.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250

i don't think that google trend is a good indicator for the interest in bitcoins. since i got into bitcoins 2 years ago i never googled 'bitcoin' or 'buy bitcoins' again, because i already know where to look. the same may apply for some people who discovered bitcoin during the recent rise and fall.
google trends may show that the rate of new users is lower that during the rise, but it does not show that people are turning away from bitcoin.
Activity: 784

We don't need any more publicity I think, enough people are already aware of its existence, the important thing now is to get them to change their minds.
legendary
Activity: 840

legendary
Another worrying fact: market is still very illiquid, another panic sell of 500kBTCish would take us back to $40ish. And you know we had a 600KBTC dump just 8 days ago.

legendary

Activity: 784
Some big folks really desperate to sell their coins at whatever price!

In what way is selling at the top of a 15% increase in less than a day "desperate" and "at whatever price"?

Seems like straight up profit taking to me.

Could even be the same people that started the rally. lol.

If profit taking would matter, Wouldn't it be more profitable to expand the bids with walls than to eat down the ask side ?

Bitcoin has got an economy, businesses need to convert their BTCs immediately from time to time. Yeah, maybe they sell in a urge, but certainly nowhere near desperate.
Activity: 294
Just open the old thread then. Geezus. The old thread was legendary.
legendary
Activity: 1428

In what way is selling at the top of a 15% increase in less than a day "desperate" and "at whatever price"?

If profit taking would matter, Wouldn't it be more profitable to expand the bids with walls than to eat down the ask side ?

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1428
Activity: 634
Merit: 500

Movement on Bitcoinity.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
What happened to this thread supposedly "Hardcore" without silly pictures or text? If it's gonna be like the first one, you might as well do a 51% on the old one and stop this thread fork.
+1
Isn't Adam the man who claimed to keep this thread clean? See OP.

Lol, this comes up every few pages. This is the same as the old Wall Observer thread. Adam changed his mind

Then he should change the op, too, for fucks sake.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
Good luck to whomever just bought my coins and I hope you've bought your wall-climbing shoes: 16K+ $2 ahead.

It's been a great little run but we need to pause for breath (and new money).

Today is Wednesday.  Cool

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Good luck to whomever just bought my coins and I hope you've bought your wall-climbing shoes: 16K+ $2 ahead.

You are right, expect short term buying opportunity at $133ish.. I would say, technically we should flashcrash there in 10 minutes and double-comfirm the short term bottom in 1-2 hours.
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

Activity: 280
What happened to this thread supposedly "Hardcore" without silly pictures or text? If it's gonna be like the first one, you might as well do a 51% on the old one and stop this thread fork.
+1

Lol, this comes up every few pages. This is the same as the old Wall Observer thread. Adam changed his mind
Activity: 174
Merit: 253
+1
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I agree. So here's a chart. I put a line on it.

up, uP, UP
Jump to: