Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33726. (Read 26462500 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
He's asking if the Bid sum is the either:

The product of the number of BTC bids * current market price

OR

The sum of each BTC * the price of that bid.

It's the latter.

That was exactly what I was asking ... thankyou  Wink

Agreed, BitPirate, would not make much sense otherwise - that's why I wanted to check  Smiley

No disrespect to either of you, but there is a 'junior member' saying it is so (and a junior member asking Wink) and you, a 'senior member' saying you believe it is so ... can anyone else say definitively that it is so ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
One more question ... on the 'Bid sum [kUSD]' chart above is it Sum (Bid Level * Volume) or the the Total Bid Volume * Current Market Price ?

Apologies if this is not the right thread to ask the question  Embarrassed

Huh???

what would you like me to clarify ?

There is no difference.

Huh ?? There is a massive difference ...

Sorry, I thought you were asking if x(a+b+c) was different from ax+bx+cx. I misread you.

I believe it is calculated as sum(price that the bid was made x number of btc bid for). Wouldn't make much sense otherwise.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
He's asking if the Bid sum is the either:

The product of the number of BTC bids * current market price

OR

The sum of each BTC * the price of that bid.

It's the latter.
One more question ... on the 'Bid sum [kUSD]' chart above is it Sum (Bid Level * Volume) or the the Total Bid Volume * Current Market Price ?

Huh???

There is no difference.

Huh ?? There is a massive difference ...

Huh???

There is no difference.

Huh???

Huh???

They show market depth changes over the last 10 minutes. The value axis for them is on the right BTC. Bars on the left of the current price are bid offer changes, and on the right ask offer changes. So if somebody is adding a bid offer, you will see a green bar up on the left. About colors: if bids are added they are in green, and when removed they are in red. For asks it's the opposite. That's because when somebody is adding an ask, it makes it harder for the price to go up (red). If somebody is removing an ask it's easier for the price to go up (green).

Thanks ... that makes sense now  Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

So many bids at lower prices... people trying to buy back in after the crash?

What do the bars represent on this chart ... innocent newbie question ...

They show market depth changes over the last 10 minutes. The value axis for them is on the right BTC. Bars on the left of the current price are bid offer changes, and on the right ask offer changes. So if somebody is adding a bid offer, you will see a green bar up on the left. About colors: if bids are added they are in green, and when removed they are in red. For asks it's the opposite. That's because when somebody is adding an ask, it makes it harder for the price to go up (red). If somebody is removing an ask it's easier for the price to go up (green).

What do the bars represent on this chart ... innocent newbie question ...
Activity: 728

Activity: 756
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Finally some movement.

Upwards.

Wall exit velocity is $5 ahead during the fall, wall means nothing unless owner is asleep.

You sleep ?  Tongue

yeah 6-8 hours a day  Grin you should try it.

The problem at the moment is which 6-8 hours to choose !
Activity: 126
Wall exit velocity is $5 ahead during the fall, wall means nothing unless owner is asleep.

You sleep ?  Tongue

yeah 6-8 hours a day  Grin you should try it.
legendary
Activity: 1246

A 16k wall is probably not just from one single owner.

You sleep ?  Tongue
Activity: 126
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Nice little 16k bid wall at 95.

There's an even bigger one at $70
Jump to: