Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33725. (Read 26462497 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Quote from an economics textbook 50 years from now:
Much of what we know about Bitcoin's early economy, beyond historical price data, comes from a forum thread titled "Wall Observer" which preserved important orderbook states.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
The volume is so low - 61k - compared to around 310k yesterday
Don't worry about it, it's the weekend. It always slows down during the weekend.
Compare that to 3 months ago... It's high Wink
Compare anything Bitcoin to 3 months ago and it looks high.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Don't worry about it, it's the weekend. It always slows down during the weekend.
Compare that to 3 months ago... It's high Wink
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
SAQ
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Let's have a boring weekend shall we?

Not much going on. Support is starting to fill in at $115+ though.

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
970 buy pushed us over 120, BUY!
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Significant buying last 5 min
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
one of the most boring bitcoin nights in last few months... volume is like it's nvc, not btc

We've had days with extremely low volume (a few 10's of 000's) in the last few weeks. The current volume isn't so low at over 200,000. It's probably just a case of burnout, coinciding with the weekend  Smiley

yeah, guess I got used on last 2 weeks drama
Activity: 686
one of the most boring bitcoin nights in last few months... volume is like it's nvc, not btc

Can't have insanity every day now, can we?

It's good to have some peace and quiet once in a while!
legendary
Activity: 1025

We've had days with extremely low volume (a few 10's of 000's) in the last few weeks. The current volume isn't so low at over 200,000. It's probably just a case of burnout, coinciding with the weekend  Smiley
legendary
Duelbits.com

Can't have insanity every day now, can we?

I lost 20$ on last trade, want something to happen to recover that, lol
legendary
Duelbits.com
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
I really regret being so bearish at one point, sold on every bear trap and the 32$ bet. LOL bitcoin

but it felt good taking some money out, cavitex send the cash the following morning. cavitex rules, but they should lower the fees to encourage more day trading... 

well, better that than be one of these noobs chasing the technology bubble you just heard about, throwing down a big bid at $235 while you still don't know what you're getting into, very strongly consider selling as you watch it go to $268 because you know it feels like it's about to pop... you can just feel it... but wait... a bit ... longer.

Then everything crashes including Gox, (and Bitstamp for that matter, though no one talked about it for some reason?) and you have to go out for your birthday dinner with your family and watch a movie afterwards to be polite while you wonder what's happened to all your money.

Get home, sell out at a 40% loss, resolve to be smart and buy back in at the right time because you've learnt enough to believe in BTC. THEN, wait for it, buy back in at $65 on Bitstamp, arbitrage - Bitcoin-24. Sell at €55 BITCOIN-24 GOES DOWN AND ALL YOUR MONEY IS NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

Then buy back in at $77 and hope it goes up not down shortly before reading lucif's TA on the downward future.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest Smiley

I'm actually quite enjoying it, but that's only cos I'm breaking even at this valuation.

PS - so much for the "hardcore" wall observer thread
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I really regret being so bearish at one point, sold on every bear trap and the 32$ bet. LOL bitcoin

but it felt good taking some money out, cavitex send the cash the following morning. cavitex rules, but they should lower the fees to encourage more day trading... 
Activity: 798

Yes, it's definitely the sum of each bid at the respective price they were placed at.

If it was the total volume * market price it would change rapidly during price swings, which isn't what happened during the rally yesterday. Also, it wouldn't be very useful at all.  

Thanks ... that's pretty solid evidence.
Agreed, it would not be very useful otherwise, but I would be a fool not to check ... and we all know what happens to fools and their money  Tongue

And thanks to sauna and BitPirate too  Wink
He's asking if the Bid sum is the either:

The product of the number of BTC bids * current market price

OR

The sum of each BTC * the price of that bid.

It's the latter.

That was exactly what I was asking ... thankyou  Wink

Agreed, BitPirate, would not make much sense otherwise - that's why I wanted to check  Smiley

No disrespect to either of you, but there is a 'junior member' saying it is so (and a junior member asking Wink) and you, a 'senior member' saying you believe it is so ... can anyone else say definitively that it is so ?

Yes, it's definitely the sum of each bid at the respective price they were placed at.

If it was the total volume * market price it would change rapidly during price swings, which isn't what happened during the rally yesterday. Also, it wouldn't be very useful at all. 
Activity: 798
He's asking if the Bid sum is the either:

The product of the number of BTC bids * current market price

OR

The sum of each BTC * the price of that bid.

It's the latter.

That was exactly what I was asking ... thankyou  Wink

Agreed, BitPirate, would not make much sense otherwise - that's why I wanted to check  Smiley

No disrespect to either of you, but there is a 'junior member' saying it is so (and a junior member asking Wink) and you, a 'senior member' saying you believe it is so ... can anyone else say definitively that it is so ?
Jump to: