Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 76. (Read 26461124 times)

legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'

Given that such a move was something that was expected for months, did Powell really have to say it publicly in order to trigger investors to start investing in BTC? Some people are obviously just waiting for what some politician or official will say, but obviously they just want to play it safe. Yesterday's inflow into spot ETFs was the largest since July 22.

Yes. Lots of investors are reactive. These are the people who give us fomo rallies and large over=corrections. This is where the whales make their money. I see this even from people I consider fairly financially astute otherwise.

This and many want to hedge. So they wait for news to be safer. Of course this type of person did not buy the corn at 49k to 53k.

I got a new leased car yesterday. A 2024 Hyundai hybrid sonata. This is my hedge for the upcoming election.

Orange man wins unleases oil fucks ev movement. Well my hybrid uses gas. = score
Orange man loses oil goes sky high ev’s are pushed gas sky rockets. well my hybrid wil use about 160 less gallons of gas. = score

So i found a way to get something I need that fits either election winner.

many speak trump good for btc harris bad for btc. they sat on sidelines in fear.

but they also listen to rates cut printer goes brrrrrr. so now they ran out and grabbed btc.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

Given that such a move was something that was expected for months, did Powell really have to say it publicly in order to trigger investors to start investing in BTC? Some people are obviously just waiting for what some politician or official will say, but obviously they just want to play it safe. Yesterday's inflow into spot ETFs was the largest since July 22.

Yes. Lots of investors are reactive. These are the people who give us fomo rallies and large over=corrections. This is where the whales make their money. I see this even from people I consider fairly financially astute otherwise.

I understand that there are people who react to such news and it is probably that they just want a quick profit, but I don't understand that they are not a little more intelligent and that they do not use the volatility that BTC has to earn much more than is the case with this type of trading.

It has been practically an open secret for months that interest rates will be reduced in the US, and all those who bought BTC when it was close to $50k (or even below) turn out to be real geniuses compared to those who are waiting for the green light from the FED.

On the other hand, those who invested in BTC before 2017 and in earlier years proved to be above average intelligent because they surpassed all these individuals and companies who have been doing this for the last 2-3 years. I think they all feel a bit stupid when they think about how many hundreds of billions of dollars they missed out on by listening to people who said that the collapse of BTC was only a matter of time - and what's even more strange is that some of those people are still saying the same thing today.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
Took a flight away…
Pleasant and surprisingly…
When turned on my cell.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Fed's Powell says 'time has come' to begin cutting interest rates
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/feds-powell-says-time-has-come-to-begin-cutting-interest-rates-140020314.html
printer is getting ready

legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 4576
Addicted to HoDLing!

Red or Blue?

After this there is no turning back..

I plugged myself in and downloaded the original version, straight from The Oracle.

legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
Housing is crazy. I thought it was overpriced in the early 2000s and, despite a couple of corrections, it's even moreso now.
It is, but if bitcoin would grow faster than housing, soon enough you would pay fractions of bitcoin to buy a house.
Maybe as soon as 5 years, 9 at the most, hopefully.

Where have you been Biodom?

You refer to the housing versus bitcoin valuation situation as if it might be questionable whether bitcoin might gain value faster than housing, or if there were some kind of a question about whether bitcoin might gain value faster than housing, yet Bitcoin has already been appreciating way more than housing whether we look at the appreciation of BTC's spot price compared with housing or perhaps we could look at an appreciation of bitcoin's value through some more gradual indicator, like the 200-WMA.

There should be no need for me to have to provide you with examples, but maybe I should consider laying it out?

Sure, housing has gone up too, but bitcoin has gone up more.  To me it seems that it would be rare to locate some kind of a housing situation in which the house would not have required way fewer bitcoin to purchase now as compared to various dates in the past...

Let's take August 24 of each of the following years (over the last 10-ish years) and maybe presume starting with a $1 million house, and let's be generous and presume that the house goes up in price/value around 30% every two years.   How does that 30% every two year house appreciation compare with bitcoin's spot price ot to bitcoin's 200-WMA valuation?  

August 24, 2014    House = $1 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 2,000 BTC       =    BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 7,000 BTC    

August 24, 2016     House =   $1.3 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 2,250 BTC     =      BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 3,800 BTC    

August 24, 2018   House =  $1.7 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 255 BTC      =     BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 630 BTC    

August 24, 2020    House =  $2.2 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 188 BTC       =    BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 340 BTC    

August 24, 2022    House = $2.9 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 135 BTC       =    BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 126 BTC    

August 24, 2024    House = $3.7 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 58 BTC      =     BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 97 BTC    

You can see the data for each of the dates, here:  https://bitcoindata.science/withdrawal-strategy

We can see that even if the house had gone up 3x or 4x in the past 10 years, it still would cost way fewer bitcoin to buy such house now as compared with various points in previous years, and we should be able to see a trend in which fewer and fewer bitcoin have been required to buy similarly valued houses.  

Even if we might not have the same magnitude of BTC value appreciation in the future, I see no reason to conclude that bitcoin is not going to continue to appreciate better than houses especially if we are looking at such comparisons over 4-year cycles or more.

It's funny that you present my opinion as if I thought that housing would appreciate faster than bitcoin going forward when i actually suggested EXACTLY the opposite (re-emphasized the quote with a bold font)..but i understand that you just needed an supposedly opposite opinion to build your case...no biggie, but i simply replied to Richy_T's comment that housing went bonkers lately.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Housing is crazy. I thought it was overpriced in the early 2000s and, despite a couple of corrections, it's even moreso now.
It is, but if bitcoin would grow faster than housing, soon enough you would pay fractions of bitcoin to buy a house.
Maybe as soon as 5 years, 9 at the most, hopefully.

Where have you been Biodom?

You refer to the housing versus bitcoin valuation situation as if it might be questionable whether bitcoin might gain value faster than housing, or if there were some kind of a question about whether bitcoin might gain value faster than housing, yet Bitcoin has already been appreciating way more than housing whether we look at the appreciation of BTC's spot price compared with housing or perhaps we could look at an appreciation of bitcoin's value through some more gradual indicator, like the 200-WMA.

There should be no need for me to have to provide you with examples, but maybe I should consider laying it out?

Sure, housing has gone up too, but bitcoin has gone up more.  To me it seems that it would be rare to locate some kind of a housing situation in which the house would not have required way fewer bitcoin to purchase now as compared to various dates in the past...

Let's take August 24 of each of the following years (over the last 10-ish years) and maybe presume starting with a $1 million house, and let's be generous and presume that the house goes up in price/value around 30% every two years.   How does that 30% every two year house appreciation compare with bitcoin's spot price ot to bitcoin's 200-WMA valuation?  

August 24, 2014    House = $1 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 2,000 BTC       =    BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 7,000 BTC    

August 24, 2016     House =   $1.3 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 2,250 BTC     =      BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 3,800 BTC    

August 24, 2018   House =  $1.7 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 255 BTC      =     BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 630 BTC    

August 24, 2020    House =  $2.2 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 188 BTC       =    BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 340 BTC    

August 24, 2022    House = $2.9 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 135 BTC       =    BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 126 BTC    

August 24, 2024    House = $3.7 million  = BTC spot price quantity = 58 BTC      =     BTC 200-WMA    quantity = 97 BTC    

You can see the data for each of the dates, here:  https://bitcoindata.science/withdrawal-strategy

We can see that even if the house had gone up 3x or 4x in the past 10 years, it still would cost way fewer bitcoin to buy such house now as compared with various points in previous years, and we should be able to see a trend in which fewer and fewer bitcoin have been required to buy similarly valued houses.  

Even if we might not have the same magnitude of BTC value appreciation in the future, I see no reason to conclude that bitcoin is not going to continue to appreciate better than houses especially if we are looking at such comparisons over 4-year cycles or more.
legendary

Explanation
Pages:
Jump to: