Pages:
Author

Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside! - page 18. (Read 70335 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 1
Anon
Is it a scam, is it not a scam? who knows. If its not a scam, people who have DO will be happy in 5 years. if it is a scam, they will have lost their investment.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Not only a scam, an annoying scam, they have all those shills spamming the forum with useless topics just trying to pump their coin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
Every coin in history was called a scam by someone. I will just give you a few links to older threads that called some coins scam and you try to draw some conclusions from it...
This first thread about Ethereum being a scam is such a good laugh today.  Grin Grin Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eth-ethereum-scam-707237
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-exit-scam-1637318
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nem-copycat-scam-448643
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
People still dont read the main topic. The op already give the proof of scam. Please read it with your head.
Activity: 143
Merit: 11
I will win, not immediately but definitely
The haters are everywhere. I am a member of deeponion community since november. But i feel comfortable there. I dont understand why he is calling it as a scam... Anyway it proved its not a scam.. I think he is also become a believer of deeponion project ...
Activity: 4
look at their dev credit. its -20 now haha
Activity: 3
i knew. when i first saw this coins roadmap Smiley)
Activity: 30
You have this kind of discussions with every new crypto..You always have the ones that believe in the project and the ones that think it is scam...At the end everyone can decide by its own what to believe.Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 8
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it does mean it is correct or the truth.  I possess Deep Onion, am a member of the airdrops and have had 0 issues with anything in that community to so far. 
Activity: 700
Merit: 108
As some others have pointed out, a "Ponzi scheme", by definition, requires initial monetary investment, which is then used to pay the first investors, so those entering last are burned.  No initial investment, other than a little typing was required.  If you're going to call DO a scam, at least be more accurate.

There hasn't been a mandatory upgrade of the wallet in quite a long time.  You may still compile the code from GitHub and have a working wallet.  Later, non-mandatory, upgrades to the wallet, after the introduction of DeepVault are closed to review, however if you do not wish to use that proprietary DeepVault, then, yes, the code is open source.  I think I've used DeepVault once, not a feature I really need, so, if I wanted to simply stake or hold Onion, I could use the open source, if I cared to compile it myself, from GitHub.

I dislike misinformation being spread, and I would like to know if anything I've typed is factually inaccurate.  Once I investigate your claim, I'll happily correct myself.  Now, just for arguments sake, making statements like, "I feel DO is a scam...." is not something I'd even entertain, your feelings have nothing to do with it, neither do mine.  What I want to know is, can you compile a functional wallet from open source for DeepOnion?  Yes, you can.  Therefore it is effectively open source.  Was a monetary / fiat investment required to initially join the "modified airdrop"?  No, there was not, I was here at the beginning.  A minimum is required now, with, nine, I think, rounds left to go, so, break out your Funk and Wagnall's but that fails the definition of a "Ponzi scheme".

Closed versus open source and "Ponzi scheme" seem to be the arguments thrown around the most, and they appear invalid.
Seems like you made a valid point here.

A Ponzi scheme doesn't require any monetary investment, it's a scheme whereby value is transferred to the creators of said scheme.

When talking about ponzi's in crypto, it takes on a whole different meaning due to the natural creation process of crypto, being creating from mere code, essentially out of nothing, based only on trust.

And to every person who's entering DeepOnion after their "17th airdrop" you've have entered into this ponzi scheme unknowingly (you have invested real money into it, or some serious hours of time), and you're actively marketing the coin to acquire more value to your investment, welcome to the free-coin-prymaid-scheme.

The entire operation is Ingenious, and their marketing/community and coin all coupled together, is virtually unparalleled. But, the markets say otherwise, despite countless hours of marketing, the coin itself remains insignificant, with meager volumes and even a more meager mcap. This ultimately is the biggest tell in what people think about this coin.

DeepOnion will not be the last coin to implement "The Onion scheme" in crypto, it's only the beginning.

Consequences for these levels of corruption will be dealt down on the creators/team of DO, through government intervention or karma. There are countless stories to be told, by former individuals who've seen the insides of the entire process, and it isn't pretty. DO could of easily been one of the best coins to launch, but the morons behind the scene's lack all: vision, experience, knowledge and ultimately the ability to understand criticism/feedback.

images removed

so in the end you are here, in a cryptocurrencies forum, asking for government intervention? i think this is a bit weird,
also your "stretched"  definition of Ponzi scheme, a bit adapted to your theory, is a little weird in my opinion

but hey, we live in a free world and everyone has the right to have own opinions :-)
Activity: 639
Merit: 251
Activity: 252
If DeepOnion is a scam why some people are millionaires now? This is the best privacy coin today, DeepOnion is legit, Well organized and have a best planned not only about the project, but also to their members in the community, If you don't believe me come and join us today and you'll see how strong and loyal we are

early investors of a ponzy scheme do become millionarirs. That's the point Smiley

I've just sold my ONIONs and removed my sig. I've been silent until today because otherwise I would have been banned from the airdrops. I got in to late to reap in on the big profits and got out because there are too few airdrops left and it's most likely just going to burn down when they are done.

The coin has no other features other then the tor integration which is useless by the way. Those that wanted to stay private already use tor because that's the only way to get on the dark web.

It has NO OTHER PRIVACY at all. All transactions are just as traceable as as with bitcoin. 0 privacy.

They have some features on the road map they may bring SOME privacy, but nothing like monero, pivx or particl. Their promised deepsend is just the old coinjoin algorithm that many other coins have and it's a joke. And it's not even in.

The owner is a chinees fellow that moderates and bans everybody that says anything bad. He fakes his account hack to get rid of -16 trust. Yes, -16. He is a full time scammer. Now he already has -2 on his new account.

The thread is just a collection of memes sign in deepvault (wtf is up with that useless feature???) and "lets pump this" messages. If you look a bit into the anatomy of a pump and dump scam you will recognize the language and discussions. All spam, all useless messages from a PAID community! Yes it's PAID by the airdrop. You are paid to stay quiet and post! Do a bit of research here: https://cryptoslate.com/us-government-engages-bounty-hunters-war-pump-dumps/

Get out of ONION before it's too late. Right now you are pumping so the old whales can dump. And if you look at the dev wallets you will see they are. Why do you think ONION is falling down while all other alts are gaining 20-30% now?

You are obviously just desperate bacuse the price is currenctly down.
Why did you even buy onions if you don't like the project?
You bought for 7 Dollars and sold for 3. LoL
DVW7iRTv4DZd9vqbq5iMWzWWFiXb3Pjnvb

it's not about the price being down. All currencies are down. Don't play the envy/desperate card because there is nothing to envy here or be desperate about. If you make some quick math you will realize that because of airdrops between the 7$ buy and 3$ sell I didn't loose a single dollar despise the drop. It's about the coin not being private at all and the owners not being honest. The simple fact that you managed to dig up the transaction data above is proof enough. You made my case.
Activity: 280
As some others have pointed out, a "Ponzi scheme", by definition, requires initial monetary investment, which is then used to pay the first investors, so those entering last are burned.  No initial investment, other than a little typing was required.  If you're going to call DO a scam, at least be more accurate.

There hasn't been a mandatory upgrade of the wallet in quite a long time.  You may still compile the code from GitHub and have a working wallet.  Later, non-mandatory, upgrades to the wallet, after the introduction of DeepVault are closed to review, however if you do not wish to use that proprietary DeepVault, then, yes, the code is open source.  I think I've used DeepVault once, not a feature I really need, so, if I wanted to simply stake or hold Onion, I could use the open source, if I cared to compile it myself, from GitHub.

I dislike misinformation being spread, and I would like to know if anything I've typed is factually inaccurate.  Once I investigate your claim, I'll happily correct myself.  Now, just for arguments sake, making statements like, "I feel DO is a scam...." is not something I'd even entertain, your feelings have nothing to do with it, neither do mine.  What I want to know is, can you compile a functional wallet from open source for DeepOnion?  Yes, you can.  Therefore it is effectively open source.  Was a monetary / fiat investment required to initially join the "modified airdrop"?  No, there was not, I was here at the beginning.  A minimum is required now, with, nine, I think, rounds left to go, so, break out your Funk and Wagnall's but that fails the definition of a "Ponzi scheme".

Closed versus open source and "Ponzi scheme" seem to be the arguments thrown around the most, and they appear invalid.
Seems like you made a valid point here.

A Ponzi scheme doesn't require any monetary investment, it's a scheme whereby value is transferred to the creators of said scheme.

When talking about ponzi's in crypto, it takes on a whole different meaning due to the natural creation process of crypto, being creating from mere code, essentially out of nothing, based only on trust.

And to every person who's entering DeepOnion after their "17th airdrop" you've have entered into this ponzi scheme unknowingly (you have invested real money into it, or some serious hours of time), and you're actively marketing the coin to acquire more value to your investment, welcome to the free-coin-prymaid-scheme.

The entire operation is Ingenious, and their marketing/community and coin all coupled together, is virtually unparalleled. But, the markets say otherwise, despite countless hours of marketing, the coin itself remains insignificant, with meager volumes and even a more meager mcap. This ultimately is the biggest tell in what people think about this coin.

DeepOnion will not be the last coin to implement "The Onion scheme" in crypto, it's only the beginning.

Consequences for these levels of corruption will be dealt down on the creators/team of DO, through government intervention or karma. There are countless stories to be told, by former individuals who've seen the insides of the entire process, and it isn't pretty. DO could of easily been one of the best coins to launch, but the morons behind the scene's lack all: vision, experience, knowledge and ultimately the ability to understand criticism/feedback.

Does this resemble some process to you?

Anybody who still doesn't get it after this explanation and all the other red flags that have been raised can't be helped.

I'm definitely beyond hope then, lol, but I bet you figured that out already.  For one, those numbers are inaccurate, and for another, "Ponzi", named after the first guy to start one, hasn't changed it's definition because crypto came around.

What you call a Ponzi may be different than the literal textbook, as it is taught - because Ponzi is used as scholastic examples - but that does not magically make what you call a Ponzi to actually "be" a Ponzi scheme.  YOu could get all philosophical aobut it I guess and try the "A rose by any other name" line, but, it still won't change what the legal definition, there actually is one, of a Ponzi scheme is.  I simply intend to call a Ponzi a Ponzi, and some other kind of scam by the name that best fits it, and not make up a new definition for a well-established term.

BTW, you make a good argument, and if that's your graphic, nice job, I'd merit your post if I still had any myself, even though I disagree with you, you still debate very well and that is "meritorious" in my opinion.
Activity: 280
As some others have pointed out, a "Ponzi scheme", by definition, requires initial monetary investment, which is then used to pay the first investors, so those entering last are burned.  No initial investment, other than a little typing was required.  If you're going to call DO a scam, at least be more accurate.
This is not true. You need to own coins to get anything from "a little typing". So it's a ponzi with extra work involved for those who are being ripped off.

We're speaking at cross-purposes.  When the airdrop first started, no initial investment, as I said, was needed.  The coin wasn't even on an exchange, and couldn't be purchased, so again, it doesn't follow the definition of a Ponzi.  If you participated, you received some Onion, and it was only much, much later that the holding rule was removed.  The team literally gave the crypto away based on the rules laid out in the original signature campaign.  As I said, it was "just a little typing".  You could not buy Onion in the beginning even if you had wanted to do so.
Time is money. A little typing is not free. And you very well could buy Onions. They were also mineable and had a ridiculous amount of hash rate dedicated to them from the very moment they became available, which implies collusion. Everything about this is fishy and since the moment the rules changed it turned from shady to outright ponzi.

I would love to know where you could purchase Onion before it was available on any exchange?  I mean, I'm not gonna say you're nuts if you claim you could have written a dev a check and mailed it to them, but I find that scenario highly unlikely.  Please note, I was here before the first airdrop and did a little bounty work for some of my first Onion before then.  Perhaps that is what you mean by "purchase"?

I mined a bit too with that kawaiipool, and yeah, the hashrate went very high very fast, so it wasn't really worth it to me and I make more staking now than I did mining.
Activity: 364
Merit: 41
If DeepOnion is a scam why some people are millionaires now? This is the best privacy coin today, DeepOnion is legit, Well organized and have a best planned not only about the project, but also to their members in the community, If you don't believe me come and join us today and you'll see how strong and loyal we are

early investors of a ponzy scheme do become millionarirs. That's the point Smiley

I've just sold my ONIONs and removed my sig. I've been silent until today because otherwise I would have been banned from the airdrops. I got in to late to reap in on the big profits and got out because there are too few airdrops left and it's most likely just going to burn down when they are done.

The coin has no other features other then the tor integration which is useless by the way. Those that wanted to stay private already use tor because that's the only way to get on the dark web.

It has NO OTHER PRIVACY at all. All transactions are just as traceable as as with bitcoin. 0 privacy.

They have some features on the road map they may bring SOME privacy, but nothing like monero, pivx or particl. Their promised deepsend is just the old coinjoin algorithm that many other coins have and it's a joke. And it's not even in.

The owner is a chinees fellow that moderates and bans everybody that says anything bad. He fakes his account hack to get rid of -16 trust. Yes, -16. He is a full time scammer. Now he already has -2 on his new account.

The thread is just a collection of memes sign in deepvault (wtf is up with that useless feature???) and "lets pump this" messages. If you look a bit into the anatomy of a pump and dump scam you will recognize the language and discussions. All spam, all useless messages from a PAID community! Yes it's PAID by the airdrop. You are paid to stay quiet and post! Do a bit of research here: https://cryptoslate.com/us-government-engages-bounty-hunters-war-pump-dumps/

Get out of ONION before it's too late. Right now you are pumping so the old whales can dump. And if you look at the dev wallets you will see they are. Why do you think ONION is falling down while all other alts are gaining 20-30% now?

this post deserves a  merit.  I knew onion was a scam when I first saw it.  Its completely obvious
Activity: 142
The amount you get now per airdrop is much higher than 7$. The make use of the so call factor system, at least 1.2x and max 5x. Lets say you have 50 ONIONS. Each airdrop would give you at least 60 ONIONS and max 250 ONIONS. Current value between 60 and 750$.
hey speak in english, not with your wordsalad to mislead people ,, if someone had 50 onion , that would get them 1 or 2 onions of airdrop, so dont go saying otherwize ,
look at this guys profile , he is on his first and last post, lol
Activity: 30
The amount you get now per airdrop is much higher than 7$. The make use of the so call factor system, at least 1.2x and max 5x. Lets say you have 50 ONIONS. Each airdrop would give you at least 60 ONIONS and max 250 ONIONS. Current value between 60 and 750$.
Activity: 91
Merit: 5
Gladly I didnt join their airdrop (because I did not comply to the the requirement :p)
I dont know if the amount received by new member is only $7 now, last time I visit their thread it was around $600-700 from each airdrop
Activity: 448
Merit: 100

You are obviously just desperate bacuse the price is currenctly down.
Why did you even buy onions if you don't like the project?
You bought for 7 Dollars and sold for 3. LoL
DVW7iRTv4DZd9vqbq5iMWzWWFiXb3Pjnvb
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
I wonder where is the truth after all? As for me I do not believe that the DeepOnion is a scam.
But on the other hand, there are so many conversations. Although, perhaps it's just envy, from those who did not have time or could not get this airdrop.
Pages:
Jump to: