Pages:
Author

Topic: Was 2017 the "Golden Year of Crypto"? - page 16. (Read 35819 times)

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
October 04, 2020, 11:18:09 AM
Everyone that experience 2017bullrun agree that year is a golden time for cryptocurrency. I still remember bitcoin is on tv news because it reach highest price at the time. I hopes that bullrun happen again but im not really sure.
don't worry, I am sure the bullrun will happen again,
look at some Altcoins that have reached their highest peak or are called all time highs, such as LINK, BNB, and several other Defi coins,
of course this makes us even more believe that altcoins that have good fundamentals will reach a point the highest peak again
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
October 04, 2020, 10:44:15 AM
2017 is just part of a long series of developments. Usage continues to grow every day and I only expect to see more adoption year on year.
Activity: 896
Merit: 100
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 04, 2020, 08:52:35 AM
Everyone that experience 2017bullrun agree that year is a golden time for cryptocurrency. I still remember bitcoin is on tv news because it reach highest price at the time. I hopes that bullrun happen again but im not really sure.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
October 04, 2020, 08:13:09 AM
What happened in 2017 was once in a blue moon event. I don't think that it will repeat ever gain. Bitcoin went from $900 per coin to $20,000. Many of the altcoins went up by 100x and even 1000x. This created a lot many billionaires and millionaires out of thin air. The media coverage was mostly positive and as a result a lot of people invested in cryptocurrencies. Unfortunately, some of them made their investment in shitcoins and lost all of their capital.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
Live with peace and enjoy life!
October 04, 2020, 07:03:39 AM

Do you think that 2017 was the "Golden Year of Crypto"? Or is the best is yet to come? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley
I witness the last 2017 Bullrun, truly amazing and a great year ever for crypto. I know there's a lot of surprises to come in the coming years but I'd never think that it can be greater than that year. People are now careful, hypes are somehow ignored.
2017 market history is the last and only strong bullish that might happen in crypto IMO. And I don't expect for another $20k had to come even we are in huge market adoption.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269
October 04, 2020, 06:54:45 AM
As of now i would say yes. 2017 was crazy, back then i was part of a signature campaign and the coins i earned there were worth mor tan 100k $ at the height of the bullrun.
Of course i didn't sell and now they are worth less than 2k  Roll Eyes.
But who knows it's quite possible that we will experience a similar bullrun than in 2017 in the future. All the regulations that happen in the crypto space will help to make it more attractive to new users.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
October 04, 2020, 05:19:54 AM
I guess most of you missed the 2011 run to $33 when people were mining a block (50BTC) a day. Of course 4 months later BTC dropped to $2 and proudhon was prancing around screaming Bitcoin is a bubble.

$33-->$2.

All of a sudden $20k to $3k doesn't seem so bad. We're only 1/2 down, still better than the $1200 run which sat $160 to $450 for 2.5 years.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
October 04, 2020, 04:15:42 AM

Do you think that 2017 was the "Golden Year of Crypto"? Or is the best is yet to come? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley

So far it is our golden year but it's only the beginning we have a a lot of golden years to come in the future, the technology is evolving the community is growing and a lot of new projects are being introduced, our best years are yet to come 2017 is just another one but it will not be the best one, next year we will record another all time high.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
October 04, 2020, 03:49:44 AM
with the bounty i won around 1400 for works with the signature and article campaign. i hope by now the year of 2020 i should have same or similar returns as previous one as now pupils might have with more of choice with project from reputable developer.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
October 04, 2020, 03:43:27 AM
Cryptocurrency has only been around for about a decade, so it's too early to call 2017 the golden year of crypto. Because I am
optimistic that the future cryptocurrency will be better than 2017, I even believe Bitcoin will be able to reach the price of $ 100,000.
Even though 2020 there has been no significant development and it is still far from achieving 2017. We must not be pessimistic,
just be patient, and keep collecting as much cryptocurrency as possible. So when the price returns to the all time high price,
we can enjoy the profit.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
October 04, 2020, 03:07:55 AM
One can call it the 'golden year', but mainly for the increasing popularity, awareness and recognition of crypto! For how can we limit a still nascent cryptosphere into some historic bubble, where gradually the world is beginning to pay attention, recognize and participate, and we are yet to see the changing faces of crypto and its unfathomable success.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
October 04, 2020, 02:36:28 AM
From today's perspective 2017 definitely seems like an almost unreachable time of a vast crypto prosperity, but who knows, maybe in 2030 2017 will only be a small blimp on the crypto timeline when it comes to the growth of the market and the 2017 bull may looks quite underwhelming in comparison with what happened in the 20-30 time frame.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 03, 2020, 09:42:32 PM
At the moment, 2017 remains the golden era in crypto industry but I strongly believe the best is yet to come. I look forward to 2021 for another ATH in the industry across cryptos. Just like 2016 (Bitcoin halving year) foreran the 2017 bull run so will this 2020 (halving year) also forerun another bull run in 2021. BTW, it is so far so good in the industry as it is now. Given the pandemic, one would expect Bitcoin to have crashed beyond encouragement but that isn't so as price has continued to remain above $10k despite global financial crisis. Again, I think we now have genuine users and investors unlike what we had in 2017 when a lot of investors saw Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies as a get rich quick investment scheme.

I hope so. For crypto to be able to rise towards new ATHs, the pandemic must be put to an end. Only then, the mainstream economy will rise having a positive impact over crypto's prices on the market. While crypto rebounded to its pre-COVID levels in price within a short amount of time, it's still below its latest ATH. We may be in an accumulation phase before the market explodes after a vaccine is found. Or everything could turn bleak, leading towards a massive downfall in price after the demise of COVID-19. Despite what happens in the future, I think that each Bitcoin halving will have profound effects over the crypto market's valuation in the long term. But we'd need to be patient in order to achieve great results in the future.

Nonetheless, 2017 will remain as the "Golden Year of Crypto" until the market experiences new ATHs in price. If 2021 turns out to be extremely bullish for crypto, then it'll become the industry's best year yet. Current holders will gain substantial profits in the long term by having invested in crypto at an earlier time. With more people considering crypto to be a true alternative to Fiat, it seems to me that the best is yet to come. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 399
September 27, 2020, 10:49:55 AM
2017 was the golden year for Bitcoin, it's evident. Altcoins followed it. Of cause, 2017 was the year of high profits. That year over 1,500 cryptocurrency specifications existed. Now the total number of cryptocurrencies is 6,955. The crypto market becomes more competitive, the golden year won't repeat.

After that or the following year, so many investors have been scammed for buying coins on their all-time high and failed to sell it when the market is crashing, it's a golden year for those who made a profit but not for those who bought but failed to sell for profit and just cut their losses.
After the cryptocurrency golden time we're passing only 3 years but we now have 4 time altcoins. How can we see the next bullrun?
Although investment is almost the same as golden time, investors are interested in new altcoins. What will the amount of altcoins coins be in the next golden time?
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
September 27, 2020, 03:16:52 AM
2017 was the golden year for Bitcoin, it's evident. Altcoins followed it. Of cause, 2017 was the year of high profits. That year over 1,500 cryptocurrency specifications existed. Now the total number of cryptocurrencies is 6,955. The crypto market becomes more competitive, the golden year won't repeat.

After that or the following year, so many investors have been scammed for buying coins on their all-time high and failed to sell it when the market is crashing, it's a golden year for those who made a profit but not for those who bought but failed to sell for profit and just cut their losses.
Activity: 157
Merit: 10
September 27, 2020, 02:11:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
September 27, 2020, 02:10:57 AM
At the moment, 2017 remains the golden era in crypto industry but I strongly believe the best is yet to come. I look forward to 2021 for another ATH in the industry across cryptos. Just like 2016 (Bitcoin halving year) foreran the 2017 bull run so will this 2020 (halving year) also forerun another bull run in 2021. BTW, it is so far so good in the industry as it is now. Given the pandemic, one would expect Bitcoin to have crashed beyond encouragement but that isn't so as price has continued to remain above $10k despite global financial crisis. Again, I think we now have genuine users and investors unlike what we had in 2017 when a lot of investors saw Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies as a get rich quick investment scheme.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 27, 2020, 01:26:58 AM
if people are like you that dont treat last bull as the best time , those people are still here and are expecting for more  but this post can encourage them again to comeback  .
It kinda makes sense tho why people think 2017 was the golden year of crypto. The price was peaked out at that day and the ICO was really hyped because you could found really great ICO at that day and I respect that for those whose thinking like that, but like I said earlier we will see something more from cryptocurrency in the future.
Activity: 399
September 26, 2020, 06:55:11 PM
Everyone should follow the whole price charts of coinmarketcap. Before 2017, the highest price was 1000 USD. Now price charts are becoming equal to 2017 years. All peak value is over 10k USD. Could you imagine what will be the next peak value of coinmarketcap? Wait for the next year to see the next golden year of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
September 26, 2020, 06:10:49 PM
Cryptocurrency started to reach its peak in 2017, this is a very extraordinary achievement, 2017 is also considered a major milestone in cryptocurrency history. After that, as of January 2018 cryptocurrency has decreased gradually, and until now it has not been able to repeat achievements like 2017.
Thats true, we all waiting for another bullrun like what happened on 2017 but it seems we are still far from that scene.

Somehow the prices of coins are increasing and its a good thing already to take profit. Though it didnt reach the last ath, atleast the market didnt suffer like other market due to pandemic.

Year 2017 is indeed the golden year, but I believe history will repeat itself.
Pages:
Jump to: