Pages:
Author

Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform. - page 4. (Read 2389087 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 139
Don't forget to register your desired Waves alias before someone else does it Smiley

An alias is like a domainname, once someone registered it, it's gone...
What is the purpose of the alias??
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Don't forget to register your desired Waves alias before someone else does it Smiley

An alias is like a domainname, once someone registered it, it's gone...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I'm not sure it is possible to do 2FA without centralisation which would create a massive security risk - something which runs counter to the whole principle of cryptocurrency.  That is why no other major coin has implemented it yet.  Perhaps someone will come up with a way of doing it securely but it may never happen.

I didn't realise that was the case. I was aware that no other wallet s have 2fa but all exchanges have it.  Maybe having no 2fa is the risk we will have to take for a proper decentralised exchange.  I guess I can do as someone suggested and just put small amounts into my trading wallet and then hopefully if possible in the future 2fa might come.
legendary
Activity: 952
I'm not sure it is possible to do 2FA without centralisation which would create a massive security risk - something which runs counter to the whole principle of cryptocurrency.  That is why no other major coin has implemented it yet.  Perhaps someone will come up with a way of doing it securely but it may never happen.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001
just to make sure. i only need my seed to recover my wallet right? i dont need to save any files from appdata folder

and i just send my waves from bittrex to this

yes your seed is all you need to restore your waves wallet if need be, make sure you have multiple backup points(usb pendrives, print it etc).

Please give me more time to buy more WAVES before it hits 100$
i need time guys don't jump before i buy 5000 WAVES keep calm!
just buy already!
Activity: 994
Merit: 277
for me waves is going to pump when they will release the new gui that should in september following the last new about it, i hope they will not be disapointing

Id rather see them release 2fa before the new dex relelease. In my opinion it should be the highest priority right now. Theres no point in having an all singing all dancing dex if its not safe enough to store any of my coins on. Perhaps it will come with the dex update but either way i wont be putting anything into it untill 2fa comes.

i don't worry about that though but how much is the percentage of people going to guess the mnemonic phrase of a wallet?  or are these so called supercomputers going to be able to break those algo and can stole your waves?

if they aren't adding it, then it most be close to zero.

Im not worried about them guessing my seed or even super computers but i am worried about having keyloggers running on my computer collecting all my passwords and rats/trojans that can just use my own computer to send the payments from my own wallet. If 2fa was implemented then doing any of that would be a lot harder.

Keep your main Waves wallet offline, and a small wallet for trades.
That way, you'll only lose a small amount in case of a hack.

I don't know any other wallets with 2FA, even Bitcoin Core doesn't have it. Just be careful.
legendary
for me waves is going to pump when they will release the new gui that should in september following the last new about it, i hope they will not be disapointing

Id rather see them release 2fa before the new dex relelease. In my opinion it should be the highest priority right now. Theres no point in having an all singing all dancing dex if its not safe enough to store any of my coins on. Perhaps it will come with the dex update but either way i wont be putting anything into it untill 2fa comes.

i don't worry about that though but how much is the percentage of people going to guess the mnemonic phrase of a wallet?  or are these so called supercomputers going to be able to break those algo and can stole your waves?

Im not worried about them guessing my seed or even super computers but i am worried about having keyloggers running on my computer collecting all my passwords and rats/trojans that can just use my own computer to send the payments from my own wallet. If 2fa was implemented then doing any of that would be a lot harder.

just don't use a public computer and also use linux system. its a much secure operating system where most windows rats/trojans aren't working.

i personally don't want 2fa. they can add it but hope not mandatory. it will require users to receive emails and sms which can be tiresome everytime you login from your laptop to your computer.

Its fair enough using linux and not using public computers but the majority use windows and accidents will happen when it comes to downloading trojans. The extra effort of using 2fa is by far worth it over the risk of losing everything. Remember that the waves client is going to be not only a wallet but an exchange as well which means many users will be storing and trading large sums. Im sure it will come eventually but it would be just nice to have it sooner rather than later. As it stands thats all that keeps me from using the current dex, Every other decent exchange has 2fa already implemented and although not decentralised and there a small chance to get goxed i can feel a bit safer about not getting hacked.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

i don't worry about that though but how much is the percentage of people going to guess the mnemonic phrase of a wallet?  or are these so called supercomputers going to be able to break those algo and can stole your waves?

just don't use a public computer and also use linux system. its a much secure operating system where most windows rats/trojans aren't working.

i personally don't want 2fa. they can add it but hope not mandatory. it will require users to receive emails and sms which can be tiresome everytime you login from your laptop to your computer.
Activity: 854
Merit: 256
I am not worried but more it is like wondering for me to see lot of great work is completed and going on in Waves project but still there is not rise in its value whereas many promised projects are dominating the top volume positions. Waves with all delivered stuff worth much more and it will bounce back very soon. I have it for long term as real investment.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 571
Payer sa baguette en BTC, c'est possible
legendary
Activity: 952
Just bought 1200 Waves I hope it won't dump more Smiley

It will definitely dump now Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 105
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
I have GOOD project under development with Waves.

All I can say for now is that it will imply a new non-profit organization registered in France : KARMA2CARE
(legal registration here : http://www.net1901.org/association/KARMA2CARE,1848160.html )

We will work together to improve cryptocurrency applications on local french organizations to achieves important goals in everyday's life.

Firsts project will connect Waves, Karmatoken (KTN) and a wonderful non-profit org. : L'Arche de Cathy, "Cathy's Arch" ( http://l-arche-de-cathy.webnode.fr/ )

This family spend their whole time to rescue abandoned and mistreated animals in East of France : they saved dozens of horses, goats and more.
Most of these animals are injured, starved or abandoned for years in old farms or woods.
They spent thousands euros every year just to feed and medic these animals before they found a new welcome family for them.

Second project is related to improve the number and the quality of social contacts for olders in residential care.
KARMA2CARE will push fresh ideas to bring more connection between old and new generations.

More precision in coming months...
legendary
Activity: 2310
Aliases are now in WAVES Lite Client. Click on the user profile icon in the top right corner and make your own alias!

https://twitter.com/xenohuntero/status/902501016985370624

https://twitter.com/coremedia_info/status/902503274284285952

Sasha at "Blockchain: New Russian Oil" conference

https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/902497484034990080

Whoppercoin is a cryptocurrency you can eat or trade

https://twitter.com/verge/status/902468162326859776

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

please buy now.. 5000 waves would definitely show some uptrend
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Activity: 306
Merit: 100
just to make sure. i only need my seed to recover my wallet right? i dont need to save any files from appdata folder

and i just send my waves from bittrex to this

Pages:
Jump to: