Pages:
Author

Topic: What 2.0 Currency will be the most successful? - page 11. (Read 17794 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Why no one here has posted about Monero? I think this would be a good candidate for discussion, because a lot of people sure do like talking about it and has always had a consistent following over the past year.

Other than that NXT might be a good choice as well... Another coin I just was looking into was eMunie (which hasn't been released yet) that shows a real potential of being, literally, the fastest coin to be put on the market.

The thread for that is here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/emunie-the-fastest-crypto-currency-1191535
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
NEM and NXT have active online communities and that is why they win online polls.  Ethereum and Bitshares are worth more because they have institutional Bitcoin whales and networked with capital giants.   Bitshares early on attracted investments from Chinese funds and Ethereum just got the support of some automobile group which pledged $50 million to 2.0 currencies.   Networking is something NXT and NEM has not had any major success with yet.  I think NEM and NXT just started doing stuff in Japan and Greece.

I'm assuming you haven't heard of mijin, dragonfly pay or the vc funding (that's prob connceted to one of these projects, I'm just mentioning it) for/with NEM ?
That's what I mean when I say that success will not only be determined by technology. You need a lot of effort in the real world to go anywhere with your porject no matter how superior you tech may or may not be.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
NEM is a cheap copycat of NXT
earth is a disc

I wonder if there's anyone who believes this poll wasn't rigged so far.  The only options in the list anyone has ever heard of are Ethereum, Bitshares, and NXT, yet the one nobody has heard of, NEM, somehow got to #1.  Can you say rigging the ballots?

Lots of people have heard of nem.
earth is a disc

I wonder if there's anyone who believes this poll wasn't rigged so far.  The only options in the list anyone has ever heard of are Ethereum, Bitshares, and NXT, yet the one nobody has heard of, NEM, somehow got to #1.  Can you say rigging the ballots?

Polls on BTT are completely useless but I wouldn't call them rigged. Like how is this one rigged ? It's useless as - as always - it's a popularity and sockpuppet contest but does that really qualify as rigged ?
Also stating that nobody has ever heared of NEM is imho quite ignorant. YOU haven't heared of NEM (or not much, seeing as you described it as a mere clone in the polo trollbox unless the r0ach there isn't you) but that doesn't mean noone else has.

I heard of NEM, and once I bothered to install the client, but it was just very hard to grasp even the installed. Now they mgiht have made it easier since but back then it was stupid.

It offers nothing new of NXT, and its is a clinging parasite on the fame of NXT. I`d rather prefer NXT, even if it has a shitty marketing team now, than NEM, so sorry.

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
NEM and NXT have active online communities and that is why they win online polls.  Ethereum and Bitshares are worth more because they have institutional Bitcoin whales and networked with capital giants.   Bitshares early on attracted investments from Chinese funds and Ethereum just got the support of some automobile group which pledged $50 million to 2.0 currencies.   Networking is something NXT and NEM has not had any major success with yet.  I think NEM and NXT just started doing stuff in Japan and Greece.

I'm not sure about other communities, but BitShares has dedicated forum https://bitsharestalk.org and many users even don't have account in BTT.  Smiley

You can check this forum activity and compare BitShares community with other coins communities:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=stats
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
The one that gets a signifacant network effect which i haven't seen any of them succeeding in.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
“Create Your Decentralized Life”

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
earth is a disc

i've heard of NEM more then all the others combined  Huh
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Crypti Public Relations
earth is a disc

Arent all altcoins just some copycats of Bitcoin?

The majority of alt coins are copies of the Bitcoin source code, but there's been an alt coin around called Ethereum which I think it has it's own source code and not based on Bitcoin itself. Etherem's technology is very interesting (platform for decentralized applications) but the lack of a GUI wallet makes it very hard to use (especially for newbies)  Smiley

Crypti, Nxt, Ethereum, BitShares, Qora are all based on an entirely new code base. It's nothing extra ordinary anymore. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
earth is a disc

The majority of alt coins are copies of the Bitcoin source code, but there's been an alt coin around called Ethereum which I think it has it's own source code and not based on Bitcoin itself. Etherem's technology is very interesting (platform for decentralized applications) but the lack of a GUI wallet makes it very hard to use (especially for newbies)  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
earth is a disc

Activity: 388
lets say it this way

talking about NEM
and be listed on exchanges as XEM

isnt really helping
talking about Bitcoin
and be listed on exchanges as XBC

isnt really helping

Cool

you just have to understand that NEM is the project name and XEM is the coin that it created. XEM is not the only product NEM stands for. NEM is a blockchain platform, not just a coin.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
lets say it this way

talking about NEM
and be listed on exchanges as XEM

isnt really helping

but that this gem of crypto is hard to discover
was the reason it is still a insider hint for early adopter

what ETH was hyped to much NEM/XEM was to less

in potential they both can compete easy

Activity: 980
earth is a disc

Polls on BTT are completely useless but I wouldn't call them rigged. Like how is this one rigged ? It's useless as - as always - it's a popularity and sockpuppet contest but does that really qualify as rigged ?
Also stating that nobody has ever heared of NEM is imho quite ignorant. YOU haven't heared of NEM (or not much, seeing as you described it as a mere clone in the polo trollbox unless the r0ach there isn't you) but that doesn't mean noone else has.
legendary
Activity: 1918
earth is a disc

+1

Ignore the trolls!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
earth is a disc

Activity: 504
Merit: 511
What about BURST?

It is similar to NXT, yet totally different and with different features such as automatic transaction, escrow (smart contract), and HDD mining. It is worth a try, I think it can become big in the next months.
Activity: 261
NEM is ahead of the poll.  That might count for something...

r0ach and DE are more interesting than some stupid poll that means nothing. My money is on r0ach... I mean BTS. Imo, DE is taking some hits right now. If he starts to throw a bunch of "isms"... it's over.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
NEM is ahead of the poll.  That might count for something...
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
HaH!. NEMM wIl $Ho ItselF 2 B da biggesT $cAmm yet. Ah Hv $een Daaa ReELL whItepApUH. Nwt DAA PHONayyy DeaYyy PosTEd. Nem IZ brOKen.    ... Peace.
Not too sure what you are trying to say, but there is only one "whitepaper" for NEM. Actually it is more a technical reference: http://nem.io/NEM_techRef.pdf

YoyO  HAH! Dereee IZZ AA HonesT TEcHnIcaL papuh. DoNE Biii HOneStt IntEllIGnt Folkks. Nawt Da PhOnAyy paCK o''' LIes Yn DAt Link Chuu poSted.   
Pages:
Jump to: