Pages:
Author

Topic: What 2.0 Currency will be the most successful? - page 13. (Read 17794 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Mijin?  
Good Lord that video looks it was developed by the old Mortal Combat game company.
I can't imagine Jamie Dimon opening that link in any way imaginable.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
Perhaps 3.0 currencies should not be discussed here, but the best one that I have found, has a device that outperforms all promises has instant transfers, and many other features is VNL.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
@nzminer

With all due respect - you probably can't enter eMunie in that poll list for 2 reasons:

• It has only been tested in the founder group, and older obsolete versions with a few beta-testers also.
  • It is not just a 'coin' - it is a complete, comprehensive package, which you will experience after it goes live, and expanding in the future.

I am no seer into the future, but I would not be surprised if your poll list will become obsolete.
Once eMunie launches it will probably rank more as a 3.0 compared to the rest being 2.0 Wink
Again - let's see what the future holds - noone knows yet.

The biggest issue with eMmunie is most people stopped following it (myself included) after repeatedly missing deadlines. Literally every single deadline has been pushed back months to years.

When you are shooting for scaling ability to 150+ tps, which is Paypal levels currently, and  to have the capability of being an actual currency that is used by Joe Public and not just crypto fans, designs will get trashed.  eMunie has morphed design concepts from a block-chain, to a block-tree and finally to a full parallel partitioned transactional database.  Also, all of the coding has been done by a single person, Dan Hughes.  

The eMunie project has also been self funded by Dan, even though a closed fund raiser occurred, most if not all of those funds have either been refunded do to the delays, to those who have requested there return, or remain untouched from 2.5 years of development costs.

Mijin (built on the nem platform) is also looking to compete in this area and will be out before Emunie.

http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/mijin-permissioned-blockchain-platform/
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
You forgot to add Counterparty XCP Wink
This is and will likely continue to be the most successful Crypto/Bitcoin 2.0 project,  it main advantage over rivals is that its secured by Bitcoin blockchain and its miners.  
No messing about, no hardforks, seperate blockchains, restarts or multimillion dollar icos involved, it works and it here. 
http://counterparty.io/
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hard to say without being biased.

I am biased because I see real work going on daily behind the scenes with amazing devs and real connections being made outside of the cryptosphere.  NEM

HaH!. NEMM wIl $Ho ItselF 2 B da biggesT $cAmm yet. Ah Hv $een Daaa ReELL whItepApUH. Nwt DAA PHONayyy DeaYyy PosTEd. Nem IZ brOKen.    ... Peace.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Ive listed the main ones i can think of, if there is anything else you would like added, post it below and i will add it Smiley

For the sake of listing could have put maidsafe and mastercoin as well but I wouldn't have voted for them lol
Activity: 504
Merit: 511
NXT, BURST, MONERO, CLAM, DASH, NAMECOIN

Any of them can be the next winner. But to not gamble, I own a few of all of them to be prepared.
legendary
Activity: 1918
@nzminer

With all due respect - you probably can't enter eMunie in that poll list for 2 reasons:

• It has only been tested in the founder group, and older obsolete versions with a few beta-testers also.
  • It is not just a 'coin' - it is a complete, comprehensive package, which you will experience after it goes live, and expanding in the future.

I am no seer into the future, but I would not be surprised if your poll list will become obsolete.
Once eMunie launches it will probably rank more as a 3.0 compared to the rest being 2.0 Wink

I wont be adding it to the poll, is someone suggesting i should?
Anyway, technically all 1.0 coins are basically BTC clones, and NXT was considered the first 2.0 along with other platforms that have popped up, but if you want to get real technical, you could argue that only NXT clones are 2.0 currencies and something like NEM, Qora and Ethereum that are even newer could be classed as 3.0.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
@nzminer

The biggest issue with eMmunie is most people stopped following it (myself included) after repeatedly missing deadlines. Literally every single deadline has been pushed back months to years.

When you are shooting for scaling ability to 150+ tps, which is Paypal levels currently, and  to have the capability of being an actual currency that is used by Joe Public and not just crypto fans, designs will get trashed.  eMunie has morphed design concepts from a block-chain, to a block-tree and finally to a full parallel partitioned transactional database.  Also, all of the coding has been done by a single person, Dan Hughes.  

The eMunie project has also been self funded by Dan, even though a closed fund raiser occurred, most if not all of those funds have either been refunded do to the delays, to those who have requested there return, or remain untouched from 2.5 years of development costs.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Well, lets take a look at reality at the moment shall we? First of all, Ethereum would be one of the most successful 2.0 currencies out there because it had a great ICO (if I'm not wrong) and good features such as a decentralized platform for applications. And second, Bitshares might be a good player here considering that fact that it has smartchain technology and the ability to own assets pegged to real world values such as Gold, Silver, etc They're all great but still who will be the winner is a matter of time whenever one of these fail or not. So my vote goes to Ethereum and Bitshares.  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
i dont think any of these will be a year later.
Activity: 179
Good things come to those who wait.
Activity: 432
Merit: 251
––Δ͘҉̀░░
maidsafe
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
@nzminer

The biggest issue with Emunie is most people stopped following it (myself included) after repeatedly missing deadlines. Literally every single deadline has been pushed back months to years.
Activity: 144
Ive listed the main ones i can think of, if there is anything else you would like added, post it below and i will add it Smiley

None of the above
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry:

Satoshi, that you?  Tongue
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
"to endure to achieve"
@nzminer

Activity: 980

DPoS actually scales to world reserve currency better than any other consensus mechanism.  The first transition for DPoS voting would be people like exchange owners and businesses that utilize the platform would run as delegates to make sure the network they depend on is secure.  From there, the actors would just keep scaling larger until you had every nation state as a delegate.  Some people would think this sounds like a bad thing, but unless every nation was colluding with each other, it would get rid of fractional reserve banking at the very least, which is the real root of all problems.

Cause what could go wrong with nations and/or corporations being in controll of the network Grin
I'd like to see consensus being reached like it is in most "fast confirmation" implementations right now (i.e. a set of accounts votes and everyone else accepts that) but I'd like the validating parties to be chosen in some way that doesn't require people having to or even being able to interfere. Pretty much what VNL claims to be doing just maybe backed by a proper whitepaper and not by one of the most shady projects out there right now.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
Out of that list, Bitshares has the best scaling due to DPoS.  NXT, if it ever gets transparent forging working, would have less TPS and slower block times, but better than other coins except Bitshares.  Transparent forging is kind of like recreating DPoS in a more Rube Goldberg approach:

DPoS is just a centralized version of NXT's PoS which was implemented so the Larimers and a select group of manipulators (aka the Communist Chinese Gov) can effectively rig the delegate elections through "approval voting" and control the platform.  Also, Bitshares ridiculous claim of 100k tps requires hardware with 1TB of ram.

NXT didn't invent PoS, so you should probably stop lying about that.  NXT will also not be worth buying until someone can demonstrate they can even get transparent forging working on the platform.  I honestly can't believe you're dumb enough to claim Bitshares can't do 100k TPS.  NXT, which would be using an inferior method of deterministic block validation claims similar numbers.  That was also Dan Hughes of Emunie claiming it requires 1TB of RAM, a guy who doesn't even know how Bitshares works. Tendermint claims 40,000 TPS functionality as well.  You think Tendermint is lying too?  Bitshares can do whatever Tendermint can do or more.  NXT will likely do less than Bitshares while also having slower block times due to the way it's structured.

Bitshares is beating NXT to the market with both high scaling and stable market pegged assets, the two things actually required for crypto to go mainstream.  Nobody wants to hold crypto until it has stability like the dollar.

Well seeing as Larimer himself said the solution is to "...keep everything in RAM..."  how much RAM to do think is required to keep up with a sustained 100,000 tps if it is indeed true?

You don't need to know anything about how that system works when these statements have been, 120 bytes per transaction * 100,000 transactions per second * 86400 seconds in a day = 1,036,800,000,000 bytes (almost 1TB) per day of data.  However you cut it that is a lot of data to manage efficiently in a vertically scaled system (which Bitshares is).  

If you have to go to disc even the fastest PCI SSDs will struggle to do 100,000 random reads per second after some moderate use, unless you are doing very aggressive and efficient disc management at a low level to ensure they are stored sequentially.  Even without considering transactions arriving out of order from the network, that in itself is no trivial task.  

Even batch writing large blocks of transactions to reduce the required IOPs might not cut it, as you have no guarantee that the SSD controller is going to (or even can) write them in one consecutive chunk.  If the controller wants to move data around so it can do this, that is additional overhead and your max IOPs will drop anyway.

If the RAM requirements are low, then you will be swapping out those transactions in RAM constantly, so then you are asking an already utilized IO stream to do 100,000 reads AND 100,000 writes each second on top of processing.

My issue isn't that 100,000 transactions can not be processed per second, my issue is that sustaining that processing capability with RAM and IO limitations is not as trivial as is being made out, and anyone with even a basic understanding of IO systems should be able to see it.

I believe this 100,000 tps relates to the systems ability to order match as he mentioned that specifically in the videos relating to this topic, and NOT a sustained network load of new transaction processing capability.

Also this little snippet

Real-Time Performance

While we are convinced that the architecture is capable of 100,000 transactions per second, real world usage is unlikely to require anywhere near that performance for quite some time. Even the NASDAQ only processes 35,000 messages (aka operations) per second and has only been tested to 60,000 TPS with eventual plans to upgrade to 100,000.

We set up a benchmark to test real-time performance and found that we could easily process over 2000 transactions per second with signature verification on a single machine. On release, the transaction throughput will be artificially limited to just 1000 transactions-per-second.

found here https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/measuring-performance/

Also makes me question this 100,000 tps in the real world, as their OWN benchmarks could only achieve 2000+   Its still a lot sure, but its not 100,000 tps is it?  So what is going on?  

The real world benchmarks can not have produced much more performance than 2000 tps, because if it had they would say.   For example, if it produced 20,000 tps why claim it only resulted in 2000?  So I conclude from that also, that the 100,000 is either wrong/false or presented in a confusing context.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I also think - none of them  Wink 2.0 Currency is in fact the future question of many factors, first of all - popularity  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: