Pages:
Author

Topic: What 2.0 Currency will be the most successful? - page 7. (Read 17794 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
NXT and NEM are both good choices.
My vote is for the NEM blockchain platform with Proof-of-Importance, EigenTrust++, delegated harvesting and m-of-n multisig.

I dont get why is that so sophisticated to have that algorithm.

It may prove to be useful later, but at the moment they dont have lightweight client, which is a big down for me.
That couldn't be less true.
In fact, every NEM client is a lightweight client, because you can hook it up to ANY node.
See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4ftmOzfPk

Hmm i didnt know you can do that.

But still it doesnt come close to NXT in terms of features and usefullness.

Features - yes. Usefullness - debatable. 

Adoption is the key.
Once bitcoin's flaws become apparent, people will be flocking over to NXT or NEM.

Bitcoin was just a beta project essentially a proof of concept piece of software that took off with no future proofing in mind.
Its worse than the problem we have with running out of ipv4 addresses.
Activity: 980
My vote is for the NEM blockchain platform with Proof-of-Importance, EigenTrust++, delegated harvesting and m-of-n multisig.

It may prove to be useful later, but at the moment they dont have lightweight client, which is a big down for me.
In fact, every NEM client is a lightweight client, because you can hook it up to ANY node.

Features - yes. Usefullness - debatable. 
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
I think ethereum will still be successfull and then bitshares will follow next.
legendary
Activity: 1918

Quite true!  Cheesy
Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
The success of any coins will depend on if they can get bootstrapped in a certain time window (maybe 1-3 years), namely, making profit, having steady revenue and cash flow.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
While most other blockchains are settlement systems, bitshares also has capabilities of a processing system competing with nasdaq/visa without the need for microtx technologies which may help bitcoin to achieve these capabilities but aren't here yet without issues which I am sure you know of. So while bitshares gets network affect bitcoin will still be used as a settlement system until it catches up with new technology. DPOS seems to let you become a processor, albeit at first glance it seems like a tradeoff  has been taken between security/performance (satoshi chose the far end of the spectrum of security to be safe) however if you study the fact that DPOS isn't more centralized than mining pools today then we can conclude that bitshares safely acts as a settlement and processing system.

The premise of bitshares to be a DEX meant it had to act as a processor from the beginning because noone would accept 2 min delays to clear trades. This necessitated the need for some consensus like DPOS which allowed it to happen. As long as delegates can remain anonymous and latency is not an issue, transfer tx's are 300 bytes on avg (far smaller than bitcoins) then you can judge if its a technical innovation in blockchain technology or just vapourware yourself. If delegates can remain anon, then forceful regulation is avoided and keeps the dream of a decentralized settlement system alive, with the processing capabilities of visa/nasdaq to boot!

Even if regulation is a concern to authorities, bts has been designed to comply with laws so the corrupt regulators who want to shut down the system really have no choice and no angle to try to convince the public that regulation is required by forcefully targeting miners (delegates). This helps to remove the incentives for regulators and increases incentives to use a decentralized system as satoshi's dreamed for society (us) to do.

I'm not sure I got you. I was talking about the problem of sending very small amounts (fractions of US cent). Your post make me think that BTS doesn't support micropayments.

Ahh, i was thinking more like processing transactions and having them settle without the nuisance of waiting an hour. I've sent 0.01 bitUSD before no problems, im not sure how many decimal places it lets me use, if you ask on bitshares talk im sure someone can give you some bitusd to try it out.
legendary
Activity: 2142
While most other blockchains are settlement systems, bitshares also has capabilities of a processing system competing with nasdaq/visa without the need for microtx technologies which may help bitcoin to achieve these capabilities but aren't here yet without issues which I am sure you know of. So while bitshares gets network affect bitcoin will still be used as a settlement system until it catches up with new technology. DPOS seems to let you become a processor, albeit at first glance it seems like a tradeoff  has been taken between security/performance (satoshi chose the far end of the spectrum of security to be safe) however if you study the fact that DPOS isn't more centralized than mining pools today then we can conclude that bitshares safely acts as a settlement and processing system.

The premise of bitshares to be a DEX meant it had to act as a processor from the beginning because noone would accept 2 min delays to clear trades. This necessitated the need for some consensus like DPOS which allowed it to happen. As long as delegates can remain anonymous and latency is not an issue, transfer tx's are 300 bytes on avg (far smaller than bitcoins) then you can judge if its a technical innovation in blockchain technology or just vapourware yourself. If delegates can remain anon, then forceful regulation is avoided and keeps the dream of a decentralized settlement system alive, with the processing capabilities of visa/nasdaq to boot!

Even if regulation is a concern to authorities, bts has been designed to comply with laws so the corrupt regulators who want to shut down the system really have no choice and no angle to try to convince the public that regulation is required by forcefully targeting miners (delegates). This helps to remove the incentives for regulators and increases incentives to use a decentralized system as satoshi's dreamed for society (us) to do.

I'm not sure I got you. I was talking about the problem of sending very small amounts (fractions of US cent). Your post make me think that BTS doesn't support micropayments.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
BitShares will launch on schedule with enough throughput to support all current needs plus all of Bitcoin and most altcoins combined

How did you solve micropayments problem?

It might make sense for someone to port DPOS/bitshares to bitcoin network rules and see if it solves the block size limit debate by testing large TPS in a real world scenario. If its just a settlement system at the core we are after I think that this port would overtake bitcoin on a better technical implementation.

Because delegates are chosen to create blocks randomely the mining pool collusion is not applicable to bitshares where pools share headers to get a head start on the next block (centralization). Block propogation is less of an issue if you have 10 min blocks, so you can load them up with 10k TPS on a standard network and probably be stable.
legendary
Activity: 2142
BitShares will launch on schedule with enough throughput to support all current needs plus all of Bitcoin and most altcoins combined

How did you solve micropayments problem?
Activity: 504
Good point.  I'll get that done! 
Activity: 179
Not very careful in your homepage. 

http://imgur.com/2aD8MQS

How about an asterisk for that claim?

I'm still bothered by the misleading marketing.  As such, it's just another reason to be skeptical of any other claims purported. ("Fool me once, shame on you....")

I've spent the last 15 years working for the largest networking company in the world and we are supremely careful in how we word our product datasheets such that anything we sell has been verified because our customers expect the same results after purchase.

Saying it 'can' do 100,000 txs as a selling point would be akin to me selling an ISP a home wireless router that is 'capable' of being a CRS-3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_Routing_System).   It better perform that way out of the box today and not at some future date when internet bandwidth is limited.

We were very careful in our formal announcement to lay out the basis of our claims.

(Things get a little loose in wording when people wax enthusiastic in the heat of forum discussions.)  Smiley

Here's the formal wording from an upcoming article that went through our more careful PR process...

The first two industrial grade block chain platforms will make the jump to light speed this month.  
Their 100 transactions per second throughput will be scalable to 100,000
and their 3-second block times can be dialed to 1 second by public vote.

What it takes to scale is no different than how amazon and any other such web sites scale up to handle their global transaction load, and in fact, could be accomplished using leftover scaling power we can rent from Amazon when the time comes.  Obviously, there's no need to pay that rent now, but its good to know what's coming because developers (our real customers) need to plan for what kind of platform technology will be available for their wicked cool applications next year.  

legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
Shill, Shill, Shill!

200-ish crypto addicts, non-stop circle-jerking themselves...

bah, just shill it

thank you for this BtS sponsored thread
Activity: 179
I'm still bothered by the misleading marketing.  As such, it's just another reason to be skeptical of any other claims purported. ("Fool me once, shame on you....")

I've spent the last 15 years working for the largest networking company in the world and we are supremely careful in how we word our product datasheets such that anything we sell has been verified because our customers expect the same results after purchase.

Saying it 'can' do 100,000 txs as a selling point would be akin to me selling an ISP a home wireless router that is 'capable' of being a CRS-3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_Routing_System).   It better perform that way out of the box today and not at some future date when internet bandwidth is limited.
You guys shouldn't feel threatened.
We designed it so that everybody could upgrade with us.

Dogecoin could upgrade and immediately be collateral for its own stable market pegged assets!

Peercoin could do counterparty free atomic trades with Dash.

Everybody could get transferrable named multi-signature accounts with private blinded transactions between them.

You can borrow Marscoin to buy Quark and set up auto-payments of Bitcoin to fund a debit card that also takes Qora.

And nobody ever gets Goxed any more because they hold all the keys to their own funds while they are simultaneously available to trade on every member exchange.

It reminds me of how ridiculous our great grandfathers looked when, seeing the first transcontinental railroad, they jeered, "Get a horse!".

And yes, it will take us a few more months to tune things up for our planned bullet train.

Smiley

Activity: 154
Crypti Public Relations
The whole Crypti team wishes BitShares good luck with 2.0. We DPoS systems need to stick together. Smiley

Thanks Smiley

You are welcome. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
The whole Crypti team wishes BitShares good luck with 2.0. We DPoS systems need to stick together. Smiley

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 980
Yeah, I could do with changing these socks.....but Graphene still won't work as advertised, even with clean socks on. Grin

It will work. In a world where delegates have over 30 cores and a 30MB/s (yes, that's a capital B) connection.
Pages:
Jump to: