Pages:
Author

Topic: What 2.0 Currency will be the most successful? - page 8. (Read 17794 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Yeah, I could do with changing these socks.....but Graphene still won't work as advertised, even with clean socks on. Grin
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Fear ?

ROFLMAO......Graphene simply doesn't work as promised, mate.
BTS is big on the hype, but not so good on the delivery.

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

The smell of fear is in the air... in this thread and in others.

no, that's the smell of bullshit ... fear's a bit more 'nutty'
Fear ?

ROFLMAO......Graphene simply doesn't work as promised, mate.
BTS is big on the hype, but not so good on the delivery.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Crypti Public Relations
The whole Crypti team wishes BitShares good luck with 2.0. We DPoS systems need to stick together. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 910
I can see a lot of scared people, the past few weeks we had a massive rally of Trolls, nxt fanboys and people that generally feel threatened by bitshares, the 30 day anouncement scared a lot of people.

The smell of fear is in the air... in this thread and in others.

Tick tock... tick tock...
you are running out of time dear trolls....

There was this https://beyondbitcoin.org/bitshares-dev-hangout-bytemaster-bitshares-2-release-date/

TLDR (at least what I've taken from it): The system could reach 100k TPS under lab conditions that aren't going to happen in the real world. Of course that doesn't sounds as good as just reaching 100k TPS period Smiley.

And yet Cryptonomex, the Stan 'n' Dan company that effectively controls BTS core development:
https://cryptonomex.com/
Leads off with, and I quote:
Cryptonomex provides software development services to meet the growing demand for custom, high-performance, blockchains and related technology. Our engineers have designed and built one of the most advanced blockchain architectures on the market, capable of processing over 100,000 transactions per second with an average confirmation time of less than 1 second.

No mention of "only under lab conditions if we fudge the benchmark a bit"  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
I agree. Since the DPOS testnet is only peaking at 1000tps sell all your DPOS NOTES and BTS today

please and thank you.  Roll Eyes

Done.
Activity: 980
Nope, this whole 32 cores thing is new to me.
See above, BTS have been shilling 100k TPS for months, with no mention of needing enterprise level hardware.
I even pointed out that the hardware requirements for 100k TPS would be huge, but as usual I just got stonewalled back.

There was this https://beyondbitcoin.org/bitshares-dev-hangout-bytemaster-bitshares-2-release-date/

TLDR (at least what I've taken from it): The system could reach 100k TPS under lab conditions that aren't going to happen in the real world. Of course that doesn't sounds as good as just reaching 100k TPS period Smiley.
What happened to the cooperative attitude the crypto community used to have?

Well Chairman Stanlin, when the corporate fascists / communists started their invasion of the cryptosphere and started promoting derivatives as assets, cronyism as fair elections, centralization as inevitable, and asked us to hand over our private keys some of us got angry.

And the fact that you've have been claiming 100,000 TPS 'out of the box' for Graphene consistently over the last 3 months..... Grin
A claim that turns out to be based on a very dubious set of benchmarks......Volkswagen springs to mind: you mislead (putting it mildly) the community as to what you were going to deliver.
Now that it is completely obvious that you can only deliver 1/1000th of what you promised, you attempt to spin the discussion into 'Aren't all the BTS critics horrible ?'

Any comments on Banx, btw ?

On to r0ach:

Now, after your testing over the weekend where the test net died at a mere 1-2% of that claim

Oh please, where does it say 100kTPS on a 1 core CPU?  They mentioned it would need something like 32 cores to do that.  Some guy named "clayop" in Korea ran a test while Larimers weren't even around that peaked at 3k TPS and some of the delegates running were single core VPS I believe.  It's a dumb test because he doesn't even list hardware used or what the bottleneck seen was, etc.  They need to make sure nobody is running some gimpy single core VPS before doing any more tests.

Nope, this whole 32 cores thing is new to me.
See above, BTS have been shilling 100k TPS for months, with no mention of needing enterprise level hardware.
I even pointed out that the hardware requirements for 100k TPS would be huge, but as usual I just got stonewalled back.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
If you prefer blue instead of red, we understand.

Oh yea you speak from my heart, BLUE NXT coin is much better than RED communist centrally planned fiat garbage Cheesy

………..
……………….__
…………./´¯/‘…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./‘/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(’(…´…´…. ¯~/‘…’)
………\……………..‘…../
……….’’…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(
BRO FIST
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

Oh yea you speak from my heart, BLUE NXT coin is much better than RED communist centrally planned fiat garbage Cheesy
legendary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Get elected and get paid by the system to upgrade your rig to the size nodes required at any point in time.
There is no such thing as people who can't participate.  They just have to be trusted by the stakeholders.
BitShares is the system that pays everybody, rich or poor, who is trusted enough to sign our blocks to get the equipment they need.

This was the reason (DPOS) I lost interest in August 2014 after you confirmed this is how the system worked via email to me. At the time the network had just launched and established itself with the 101 nodes. I have 0 faith in a system where I have to try to run a campaign for votes or get people to like me and vote for me. The task of running a node should not matter as long as the task at hand is performed properly by the hardware there should be no need for human interaction in the process or chances for delegates to collude on voting. I can see being voted out if you cannot meet certain levels of performance but they should be given a timeframe or deadline to upgrade as needed. (why not other nodes are there to fallback on).

The human aspect should not have anything to do with being selected as a delegate in my opinion. Why can't that process be automated or the system automatically kicking out delegates that do not meet performance levels and selecting new random nodes without voting?  If you have a standby list of delegates that you need to climb up to reach the 101 would some not wait years?

A random selection of new delegates would solve the problem of fairness for all and give new users an opportunity to participate without voting. Let the nodes perform a task and take the human element out of it. Even if a delegate is doing their job properly a rotation should exist where they can only be in the 101 for so long.

I guess the bottom line is that this system is centralized and not much focus is put on fairness for all.  With eMunie any user who chooses to run services and perform work in the network will be rewarded accordingly regardless of when they start, 1 day or 3yrs down the road. Decentralized........Fast.......Fair.

Can't think of anything more fair than the guys who have earned the trust of the most people being the ones to sign blocks.  Its not like its a lucrative position or anything.  People get paid for their expenses and time.  So BitShares folks don't really care all that much who signs it.  The guys who get the most votes are as good as any to do that thankless job.  The jobs generally go to active community members who get fired if they stop being reliable - something that is immediately obvious so nobody worries about it much.  

The new 2.0 version adds the capability for you to vote like someone else you trust to pay attention and choose wisely.  Just tell the system to vote like Bart Simpson and forget about it.  If you don't like his slate, you can change to someone else's slate or roll your own any time you want.

So the system is totally decentralized down to a vote for every single satoshi in circulation.  There are many ways to focus your votes to select the hardware configuration that does the fault-tolerant processing.  That is perfectly decentralized control.  You are looking in the wrong place to get your decentralization if you're trying to count nodes in the globally distributed network.  

Anyway, there are many ways to skin the cat.  I guess its ok to base which system you use on what's under the hood instead of what it does for you.  My roommate really liked his Hurst 4-speed competition shifter and Holly four barrel carburetor for some reason even though his Chevelle Supersport wasn't nearly as good looking as my '68 Mustang.  But both got us up and down the strip every Friday night.

The question is, can we offer a product that enough people will find useful to earn us a return on the man years we spent building it?

Smiley

Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

Well Chairman Stanlin, when the corporate fascists / communists started their invasion of the cryptosphere and started promoting derivatives as assets, cronyism as fair elections, centralization as inevitable, and asked us to hand over our private keys some of us got angry.

Probable, but i`m more disapointed at the mining mechanism.

Difficulty of mining should never increase. If it does, then centralization is inevitable, and bitcoin will be under corporate rule in no-time.

It is already happening, so better keep an eye on this. I`m not a fan of the POW vs POS debate, but if this is so then POS looks to be superior.

The BITCOIN 2.0 is either full POS or it's POW where the difficulty doesn't increase
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1260
The human aspect should not have anything to do with being selected as a delegate in my opinion.

You do know this is exactly how Bitcoin works right?  Since solo mining is somewhere between impossible and unfeasible, you're required to delegate your vote to a pool owner, and you only get the choice of a couple to choose from.  Same thing in the end game of PoS where it's already guaranteed others will be pooling stake for faster payouts, thus forcing you into doing so as well.  Otherwise you would get like 1 block per decade, which does nothing to help security, and nobody participate in that payout model in the first place.

PoW, PoS, and DPoS all use delegation, and thus reputation.  Emunie appears to be using reputation as well.  They're all more similar than different.  On the other hand, PoW and DPoS have fault correction systems where you can just change your vote by changing pool or delegates if something bad happens.  If something bad happens in Emunie, there's probably no manual fault correction tool like this available to users to fix the network again.  Then what happens?  It's also a partitioned network, so the simple act of updating it can also blow it up.

Due to the simple fact that you can't upload these monetary systems to the internet and have them function like a virus where they run forever with no human intervention, it might be a huge design error not building manual correction tools into the system.
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
Get elected and get paid by the system to upgrade your rig to the size nodes required at any point in time.
There is no such thing as people who can't participate.  They just have to be trusted by the stakeholders.
BitShares is the system that pays everybody, rich or poor, who is trusted enough to sign our blocks to get the equipment they need.

This was the reason (DPOS) I lost interest in August 2014 after you confirmed this is how the system worked via email to me. At the time the network had just launched and established itself with the 101 nodes. I have 0 faith in a system where I have to try to run a campaign for votes or get people to like me and vote for me. The task of running a node should not matter as long as the task at hand is performed properly by the hardware there should be no need for human interaction in the process or chances for delegates to collude on voting. I can see being voted out if you cannot meet certain levels of performance but they should be given a timeframe or deadline to upgrade as needed. (why not other nodes are there to fallback on).

The human aspect should not have anything to do with being selected as a delegate in my opinion. Why can't that process be automated or the system automatically kicking out delegates that do not meet performance levels and selecting new random nodes without voting?  If you have a standby list of delegates that you need to climb up to reach the 101 would some not wait years?

A random selection of new delegates would solve the problem of fairness for all and give new users an opportunity to participate without voting. Let the nodes perform a task and take the human element out of it. Even if a delegate is doing their job properly a rotation should exist where they can only be in the 101 for so long.

I guess the bottom line is that this system is centralized and not much focus is put on fairness for all.  With eMunie any user who chooses to run services and perform work in the network will be rewarded accordingly regardless of when they start, 1 day or 3yrs down the road. Decentralized........Fast.......Fair.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Not trying to be anti-cooperative, but it just seems very bureaucratic and thus I see it (opinion) as an incremental improvement from Bitcoin, but (more opinion) not really in the direction I'd feel proud to say I'm a part of.

Good luck with your project, but I'll wait for something easier to use that's fair for everyone.  

Re: smartphones - So I guess the poor guys in Africa can only spend the funds and not ever hope to earn any funds.

No, if you get elected you get paid a standard witness salary which covers your costs plus pay.  Doesn't matter where you are.

You should try out the new 2.0 - we've had a lot of guys working hard to make it sleek and fun to use.
(And it's not a coin, its a platform for all kinds of financial transactions and services.  Doesn't mean that there won't be wallets that hide all that for people who only want to use it to pay for stuff.  Check out nanocard at openledger.info - a debit card that spends crypto anywhere.  Doesn't get much easier than that!  Check out blocktrades.com.  Heck there's all sorts of easy interfaces with more coming every day.)

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Re: smartphones - So I guess the poor guys in Africa can only spend the funds and not ever hope to earn any funds.

I know Dan is proud of his African heritage and all, but can we go one day without a coffee cup or Africa reference in crypto.  I will even promise to unban him from paypal.
Pages:
Jump to: