Pages:
Author

Topic: what are the common challenges for bitcoin user? - page 23. (Read 2086 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 107
I think that the most common challange for average Bitcoin user is security and choosing a proper wallet. Some people prefer more convenient solutions (web wallets) rather than security (hardware and software wallets). I started with Electrum and I'm still using it all the time because I think it's one of the most secure options available right now. Beside security, new users have to deal with large amounts of knowledge which is required to discuss with other users or trade. Predicting the price is very easy, but you have to give a proper reason why you think that it will happen.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
As we all know bitcoin has come long way in the eight or so years its been in existence, but their's still long way to go before the digital currency becomes a widely used method of paying for goods and services.
we should know.
1.what challenges are facing bitcoin?
2. how we can prevent it?
3. how we should face those challenges?

I'll go to the most basic problem. The more complicated ones will be handled by the experts. But as a normal person with layman understanding, here's how I perceive it.

1. The challenge bitcoin faces is the need for internet connection. Yes you can store the value offline, but the issue surfaces once you use it for transaction. As someone who lives in a third world part of the world, bitcoin is a hassle to be used as a major mode of payment.

2. We can prevent this if the internet services will be decentralized as well. I don't know how this will be possible but the internet providers from where I live is an empire and they have control of the connectivity. Free public wifi is not really free and the connection is super slow that your eyes will bulge and turn red from waiting. Only those who have some extra money to spend are those who can afford a good internet connection.

3. How should we face this challenge? If you are living in a metro, this is easily managed. But if you are living in the country side, good luck. For now, the only thing I can think off is if the government will allow outside investors to compete with the major communication giant to pressure it into giving people a better service .
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
As we all know bitcoin has come long way in the eight or so years its been in existence, but their's still long way to go before the digital currency becomes a widely used method of paying for goods and services.
we should know.
Basically, Bitcoin is becoming a challenging issue in the daily life for among us who are involved in this platform. Actually, Bitcoin is holders should maintain some specific challenge such as Controlling the greedy of money and price. For me, when the price goes up then people always want to sell their stock at this time but to stop selling is the biggest challenge for us. we have to reserve a long time for the future purpose. but we only want to think about the present time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
we should know.
Challenges may involve different regulations that governments may implement, like taxes for transactions, purchasing, or cashing BTC, maybe even for storing it and price volatility during stabilization period. We should not prevent it, if we want cryptocurrencies to be legalized, we should accept that decentralization will suffer, but therefor we will obtain worldwide Bitcoin usage.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
we should know.
The difficulty most people get involved in Bitcoin and the virtual money industry is that everyone is struggling to choose which currency to invest in, so many people worry when their money is spent somewhere. Get back to the risks, and this is most common people.
Activity: 308
in my opinion one of the challenge is that btc has so many uneducated investors which own the coin and are so open to panic and are affected easily from FOMO or FUD by resulting in so high volatility.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
the only challenge i know about is just the decrease in the market value and national regulatory system,
i know some of the countries don't really accept bitcoin, those are only challenge we some people or bitcoin holder are facing now.
that is for me.
Activity: 714
Merit: 107
The biggest problem is the constant change in cost. And a sharp drop and the same sharp rise up. This is an excuse for panicking many people. To combat this problem, it is necessary to strengthen capitalization
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
these days it seems to me like the biggest challenge that newcomers (which are a big part of bitcoin users) are facing is all this FUD that is flying around. imagine you are new and want to know more about bitcoin and you keep hearing all this misinformation online from news sites, even big ones like Forbes and CNBC and all you can see is doomsday!
unfortunately we can not do anything about it. they will keep on spreading their FUD as much as they can.
The most common challenges of a bitcoin user would be the volatility and unstability. On this case, persuading somebody to join and invest may be hard, it takes a lot of time to explain and change their misconceptions about bitcoin as a whole.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
we should know.

I think that the transaction time is something that should be worked upon. It should be made instant if bitcoin has to compete with payment options like PayPal.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
Bitcoin can be use for criminal attempt that's why my country still forbid them

Bitcoin can cause inflation that's why my country still forbid them

And my government do not want to legalize bitcoin because of two point reason, of course every country have their regulation about bitcoin
Activity: 382
Merit: 109
Simplest challenge I had faced in bitcoin is hold.I had some bitcoin in my wallet for long.Whenever the price fluctuate,I had often try to sell.It made me panic many times.The challenges I had met is to hold my bitcoin in such fluctuation times.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
my biggest problem with bitcoin is how do I grow more of it ?? I just don't know how !! I have been trying for a long time but I just can't seem to be able to get 1 BTC trough trading...
Activity: 148
Merit: 0
I think the challenge for bitcoin users for me is to be patient and also be predictable when bitcoin bubbles
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The biggest challenge in bitcoin is the price and the requirements when someone wants to join a project, whether it's facebook or a signature campaign, because the fickle price sometimes makes us panic, and sometimes difficult requirements, how to deal with it I think to be patient and always trying to find out about the requirements of projects in the bitcoin world ...
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
we should know.
The most serious challenge that faces bitcoins users are the FUD and all the negativity that's going around in the media at the moment. Because these negativity, newbie investors just panic and they begin to sell their bitcoins which drops the price down considerably.
Activity: 159
I think the most common challenge to bitcoin should be the policy of every country on digital currency. The more direct view is that the bitcoin community can develop smoothly. If there are many countries supporting digital money, the digital currency community will become bigger and bigger, and the number of people who are new to the digital currency will be more and more. If most countries do not support it, then bitcoin is hard to move forward.
Activity: 350
In my opinion, expensive transactions. Bitcoin was created for a free and simplified life. And now there is a bunch of exchangers who can overstate them. Sad
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
I have many challenges on my mind but these are the few of it - adoption and FUD news.
We can't prevent the challenge of adoption but it will be gone eventually when many are using bitcoin already and about the FUD news, it's one of the biggest problem of the world.
Yes.
Activity: 44
we should know.

Here are some challenges being faced by bitcoin users:

1) Volatile prices: As an investor, the volatile prices may be scary for a lot of people. This applies especially to new investors. Only way to prevent this is by investing for long term which reduces the risk.

2) Negative news: A lot of negative news is spread against bitcoins by media and other people. This may raise doubts in mind of bitcoin users. This can be prevented by following credible new sources.

In addition to these there are various other issues which cannot be prevented by the user. For instance, if your country decides to ban bitcoins completely, you cannot do anythign about it.
Pages:
Jump to: